Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Solo Group Issue & Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MrCringe56

Scenario Solo Group Issue & Suggestion

Post#1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm

I have noticed in scenarios destro are immortal no matter who i target can't do any dmg to them even if i go through all my rotations. I ultimately move on to the next enemy i see and the same thing spend like 1 to 10 minutes attacking and looking at there health and it doesn't go down. I move on to the next enemy same thing so on and then i die XD.

I'm starting to think destro has a immortal buff its to that point...20 scenario matches on high pass with my level 25 knight of the blazing sun speced for dps and can't do any dmg most of the matches. I asked around and a lot of people told me its the broken healing abilities making destro immortal and there isn't any way around it beside killing the healers first.

Update: after reading and thinking more about the issue i feel i found the reason and the solution below

Suggestion

gurtuk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:56 pm Destruction feels the same way about warrior priests or rune priests, nothing is wrong with healing.

if its not the healing then its the discrepancy between the min and max number of healers for each team in scenarios. Being able to solo queue and join a match where on your team their is 1 healer and on the enemy team their are 5 healers is just ridiculous and makes for these horrible experiences where what ever team has the most amount of healers gets that immortal like effect. This can happen with either faction and feel this could be improved by adding a min and max limit of the amount of same classes in a scenario match or w.e implementations the devs can figure out.

As an example to my solution would be - while in the queuing process currently it just finds players and then gives you a popup to join..What I suggest is have it only give you a match if the amount of healers is equal to the min or max value or in between (min and max is subject to change). The purpose of this is to stop class saturation while giving a bit of room for some skill ceiling. So like a min of 3 and max of 5 per team so a team could have 2 more healers then the other team if 2 of the healer slots got taken by other classes.

Yes this would increase queue times but i would rather wait and get more average matches then play xx amount of horrible matches due to same class saturation issue in scenarios.

Update: Worth Adding

MrCringe56 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 am
Melekith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 am
MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm

As an example to my solution would be - while in the queuing process currently it just finds players and then gives you a popup to join..What I suggest is have it only give you a match if the amount of healers is equal to the min or max value or in between (min and max is subject to change). The purpose of this is to stop class saturation while giving a bit of room for some skill ceiling. So like a min of 3 and max of 5 per team so a team could have 2 more healers then the other team if 2 of the healer slots got taken by other classes.

Yes this would increase queue times but i would rather wait and get more average matches then play xx amount of horrible matches due to same class saturation issue in scenarios.
There is a much better solution to the problem you and everybody else has. It does not need any valuable time of devs to balance this problem.
1. Build a decent group of 2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 healers.
2. Join voice com and coordinate your abilities and roles.
3. Queue for scenario and have fun.

I don't understand why people make suggestions for something that is not broken. WAR has always been a team-based game. It means you have to be a group of six to maximize your success in scenarios. If you chose to play alone, or in a smaller group you minimize your odds. Btw this would help players who already made an effort to build a 2/2/2 group, so with 4 premade groups in scenarios, it would be a matter of skill/effort and not of luck.

Why are people so shy and lazy to communicate and coordinate with each other?
Not everyone wants to coordinate a group to play scenarios which is why my suggestion would help mostly solo queuing players since there are probably more solo queues then premades.

I agree with you that if players did decide to go into LFG chat and find a t1, t2, t3 party for scenarios their average of successful matches would be better but not everyone playing will do this its easier and more convenient to just queue solo and have the game make your group for you but we all know the downside of solo queuing currently imbalanced groups due to same class saturation and no filtering.

Currently when you solo queue, your group is at random...meaning you could have xx amount of the same classes most of the time no healers or not enough to have a fair match against a premade group the odds are so far away for solo queuing groups we probably have a 10% win rate or lower when facing against a premade group.

Of course, premade groups aren't going to like my idea here because it would make the matches more balanced aka less winning for premades because if my suggestion was put in place each queuing type would be in a better state and then it would all come down to class skill team communication on who wins the scenario.

Currently, premades are wanting to match against solo queuing group its an easy win for them because they are going against a random group with no coordination or class planning its most of the time always going to be in the premades favor without even taking into account if they are good with the class its an insta loss right out the gate when solo que group goes against a premade.

The sad thing is currently premades are actually less efficient because currently when premades match with a random imbalanced solo queue group most of the time they .surrender at the 11 minute mark which is a waste of time. If my suggestion was put in place you would actually be playing more whole matches and getting more xp, renown and emblems there wouldn't be this downtime of them surrendering and now we got to requeue again and again. We all want fair worth while matches right? in my opinion its boring when your dominating the enemy team in scenarios at there spawn gate waiting there for the score to hit 500 or for the solo que group to surrender.

Suggestion still remains;

When solo queuing only prompt the user to join the scenario when the min and max class amount has been meet. In my original suggestion on page 1 I gave the example and said like at minimum 3 healers and max 5 so there is still a little bit of wiggle room for a skill ceiling these number could be changed by the devs. Right now in the game that gap is so huge this makes for these horrible not a chance to win experiences which result in the solo que group surrendering a lot and the premade group camping the spawn gate.
Last edited by MrCringe56 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:40 am, edited 23 times in total.

Ads
Grock

Re: Healing & Immortality

Post#2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm

MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm I have noticed as of recently non stop that destro are immortal no matter who i target can't do any dmg to them even if i go through all my rotations. I ultimately move on to the next enemy i see and the same thing spend like 1 to 10 minutes attacking and looking at there health and it doesn't go down. I move on to the next enemy same thing so on and then i die XD.
Thats natural, its very hard to kill a target that is being actively healed, especially if they are guarded or have detaunted you.

You need Buffhead addon to keep track of Guards, Detaunts, Challenges, Bellows and other damage reduction effects.
You also need some form of healing debuff to get a chance to kill through constant healing.

Furthermore the core of the game is assisting each other. Choose another player and hit the same targets as they do, things will start dying.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Zamoth

Post#3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:50 pm

:roll: Here we go again.....
Another Thread "nerf the heals, so i finally kill some1".
If you want to kill ppl reroll a proper dps.
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

MrCringe56

Post#4 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm
MrCringe56 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm I have noticed as of recently non stop that destro are immortal no matter who i target can't do any dmg to them even if i go through all my rotations. I ultimately move on to the next enemy i see and the same thing spend like 1 to 10 minutes attacking and looking at there health and it doesn't go down. I move on to the next enemy same thing so on and then i die XD.
Thats natural, its very hard to kill a target that is being actively healed, especially if they are guarded or have detaunted you.

You need Buffhead addon to keep track of Guards, Detaunts, Challenges, Bellows and other damage reduction effects.
You also need some form of healing debuff to get a chance to kill through constant healing.

Furthermore the core of the game is assisting each other. Choose another player and hit the same targets as they do, things will start dying.
I do have buffhead and i do attack enemies that my team are attacking and still immortal...Its broken in my opinion no wounder order is low population compared to destro....go to destro for immortality.
Last edited by MrCringe56 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCringe56

Post#5 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm

Zamoth wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:50 pm :roll: Here we go again.....
Another Thread "nerf the heals, so i finally kill some1".
If you want to kill ppl reroll a proper dps.
The fact that this isn't the only thread tells me there is a balance issue

Naelar

Post#6 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm

I don't have a problem killing destro on my order dps toons.
L2P.

Zamoth

Post#7 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm

It only shows that there are too many weak dps our there that do not know how to assist properly. How many times i inspect ppl and they have no talis slotted nor buffs or pots up. And then those ppl come here to cry, that nobody is getting killed by them.
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

MrCringe56

Post#8 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Naelar wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm I don't have a problem killing destro on my order dps toons.
L2P.
Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean its not present. I would say play 20 high pass scenarios being order and then come back and tell your results

Ads
Zamoth

Post#9 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm

And he is a Kotbs, who hits like a wet noodle anyways. You are a Tank Sir. :-)
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

MrCringe56

Post#10 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Zamoth wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm And he is a Kotbs, who hits like a wet noodle anyways. You are a Tank Sir. :-)
You obviously don't know anything about ability training cause then you would know that
you can spec dps path and aim to get strength/toughness/Wounds on gear. So your claim that
i'm not doing damage because i'm a tank is invalid.
Last edited by MrCringe56 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.