Recent Topics

Ads

Replace procs on city chalices/books.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: Replace procs on city chalices/books.

Post#11 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:29 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 am They are a thing, but they were never really supported in the specs and are pretty much useless since adding of the shield and reworking a lot of crucial abilitites to shield only.
Depends, there are specs for hybrid dps with chalice- I'm using one on my dok, see below. And shield means no SE regen- with chalice when needed I can detaunt and heal, then get back to fighting with full hp. Not to mention that for shield to be useful and not just an abilities enabler you need block- which costs lot of renown/equip slots, meaning missing other things like toughness and anticrit.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084
nuadarstark wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 am To be fair, I'm not patient enough to test if the proc actually breaks the detaunt or not (also have no destro friends), but I'd be extremelly careful with any dmg proc. Plus it is useless for me as a healer anyway. Give me something that supports my spec.
Can just test it on mob- hit it once, detaunt, and wait a little watching dmg chat window. From what I remember, think items thorn procs specifically don't break detaunts.

As for not being useful for a healer- ya, though subj chalice is more of a hybrid chalice (heal/mitigation/little dps on the side with the proc) and not a pure heal one. However, the proc isn't really great for dps as well.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads