Recent Topics

Ads

Pull for Healer Class

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
pandapop

Pull for Healer Class

Post#1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:29 am

I've been thinking about how great it would be for one of the healer classes to have an pull that will work on allied players from the same Warband.

I'm picturing a squishy being cc'd, about to get absolutely smashed only to be pulled to safety in the nick of time.
A lone tank facing the opposing hordes to buy his retreating allies a small amount of time to rally only to be snatched away from certain death.
Left alone, no way to escape this healer can bring the guard to them.
Perhaps they've managed to sneak to the backline of the enemy group, nothing like dragging that hard hitting dps right into the middle of them for maximum carnage.

Shammy would potentially be a good choice for this to give them more reason to be taken into cities and for their order counterparts. Plus they can have a cool name for it like 'Git over ere'.

The skill itself would most likely need to provide an absorb shield at the same time as the pull (As the pull would interrupt channeled abilities potentially preventing a healer from saving there own life).
This would also trigger a shortened(?) cc immunity for the player being pulled.

Obviously it's usage could be open to trolling but hey you don't need to keep those people in the Warband.

Just a thought anyway as I think it might result in some exciting tactical plays.

Ads
nuadarstark

Re: Pull for Healer Class

Post#2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:17 am

While I like the idea of group member/ally pull cause it sounds like a ton of fun, it would be WAAAAY too powerful when in conjuction with certain abilities most of the healers have.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

wachlarz

Post#3 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:20 am

Awsome idea

Winterwacht

Post#4 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 pm

I've seen ally pulls implemented in both Hots and Paragon (Moba) and I disliked all of those since it just seems like a lazy oh **** button for bad positioning or overextending, more frustrating to play against

Sarnai

Post#5 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:26 pm

There are enough problems with tanks punting away targets at 5% health, last thing I need is a healer yanking me away because they think I'm in trouble.
WH looking for gunbad left

TreefAM

Post#6 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Sometimes it's hard enough to pin down some targets, let them pay for their bad positioning.

aisosa1990

Post#7 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 pm

I was thinking instead to give to Black guard and Iron breaker as connected to the Dark protector and Oath Friend mechanic

nuadarstark

Post#8 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:40 pm

aisosa1990 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:59 pm I was thinking instead to give to Black guard and Iron breaker as connected to the Dark protector and Oath Friend mechanic
Ok that I like, a lot. Now I know it will lead to a lot of bitching about IBs/BGs yanking their guarded WLs/mSHs back to them after pounces, but it would give some nice utility to a tank class that has been kinda forgotten over the years.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Yes, it would be awesome, i would give it to Shaman and Archmage only. As a replacement of a M4 in one of the healing mastery trees.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

gebajger

Post#10 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Winterwacht wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 pm I've seen ally pulls implemented in both Hots and Paragon (Moba) and I disliked all of those since it just seems like a lazy oh **** button for bad positioning or overextending, more frustrating to play against
You mean when a zealot staggers you @ 100ft , then a puller takes a few steps and pulls you?
Yeah, that's bad positioning, you should be at least 150ft of everyone....
Rioz