Recent Topics

Ads

Altdorf City Siege - stage 3 - Throne room

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dteekay

Re: Altdorf City Siege - stage 3 - Throne room

Post#11 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:56 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 pm If you, as the defenders, lose stage 2, then you should be put at a disadvantaged fight location. It works for both sides. Destro can be easily camped in IC throne defense. Don't change throne room layout - working as intented.
How thick is your skull mate

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 pm

Okay, but:

1) The destro spawn in Altdorf palace can be camped if they're pushed back, where-as the the order spawn area is so huge that preventing order from spilling out is impossible. Out of all the possible locations for stage 3 the order spawn in the palace is the greatest in terms of visibility and exit points.

2) It's not really that difficult to push through the door.

3) Destro's own spawn in the IC palace is the worst possible spawn point. Tiny door, can't see through and you then have to push out through a tiny area (compared to the order spawn in IC palace which is still a small portal but you immediately come out into a bigger area.

As much as the Altdorf palace is the worst stage 3 area in any of the cities, having the kings outside thus giving order the spawn exit advantage, the door advantage and the king advantage is way too much, and this is coming from someone who's warband just pushes through and fights order on their side of the Altdorf palace because waiting for 15 minutes is dull.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

mytreds

Post#13 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 pm Okay, but:

1) The destro spawn in Altdorf palace can be camped if they're pushed back, where-as the the order spawn area is so huge that preventing order from spilling out is impossible. Out of all the possible locations for stage 3 the order spawn in the palace is the greatest in terms of visibility and exit points.

3) Destro's own spawn in the IC palace is the worst possible spawn point. Tiny door, can't see through and you then have to push out through a tiny area (compared to the order spawn in IC palace which is still a small portal but you immediately come out into a bigger area.

As much as the Altdorf palace is the worst stage 3 area in any of the cities, having the kings outside thus giving order the spawn exit advantage, the door advantage and the king advantage is way too much, and this is coming from someone who's warband just pushes through and fights order on their side of the Altdorf palace because waiting for 15 minutes is dull.
1)You can’t be camped unless you’re really bad and allow order to come through before you’ve pushed out of your spawn area.

2) it’s extremely difficult to push through a tiny door that doesn’t allow aoe to pass through when Destro has larger hitbox tanks that can block and faster morale to build up and dump on order as they try to pass through. Trust me, if Franz and Mr Ugly were on the order side, you’d be complaining about this too.

3) In IC lords meet in the middle. Imagine the advantage order would have if Franz and Mr Ugly didn’t cross that bridge, forcing you to come into a Order funnel. Both IC spawns can be camped.

Dteekay

Post#14 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 pm Okay, but:

I very much agree with IC stage 3 destro spawn being inferior to order, with the difference being that both factions can enter the room at the same time and set up. And if order wipes destro its harder to push out for sure. This is something that is worth looking into at the same time.

I did not propose moving the lord from outside of Altdorf throne room. The only proposal is to move up the order spawn so that they can enter the room the same time destro does at the very beginning of the stage. A good solution to both problems (IC throne room destro spawn and Altdorf throne room order spawn) is make order portal in Altdorf throne room only 1 door, not both. And mimic the corner that destro has to out into in IC throne room. That way if destro wipes order they can hold down the portal the same way order can hold down destro in IC.

Omegus

Post#15 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:24 pm

mytreds wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 pm2) it’s extremely difficult to push through a tiny door that doesn’t allow aoe to pass through when Destro has larger hitbox tanks that can block and faster morale to build up and dump on order as they try to pass through. Trust me, if Franz and Mr Ugly were on the order side, you’d be complaining about this too.
I wouldn't, because as I said my WB just pushes straight into order's side and fights them there anyway.

I'm not sure what the distances are between the spawn and the doors for both sides, but at most I'd consider letting order out of their spawn a second or two earlier to try and reach the doors before destro can. Even then you can feint, split up and push both doors, etc. Just need to be damn quick about it. Most order WBs I see are too indecisive about which door they want to push through and either meet us face on or get their tail caught.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot