[Bug] SW - Range auto attack is not working on assault

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mryay

[Bug] SW - Range auto attack is not working on assault

Post#1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 am

Description: When you stand still, the auto-attack of from your bow is supposed to be triggered. Currently, it does not work.
Consequence: Loss of Damage
Expected behavior: Range auto-attack is triggered from the range in the assault when you are not moving.

How to reproduce:
1. Switch to assault stance and standstill
2. Use any of the range skills, for example, spiral fletch arrow
3. Auto-attack is never triggered.

Thanks, Swizz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [Bug] SW - Range auto attack is not working on assault

Post#2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 am

mryay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 am Description: When you stand still, the auto-attack of from your bow is supposed to be triggered. Currently, it does not work.
Consequence: Loss of Damage
Expected behavior: Range auto-attack is triggered from the range in the assault when you are not moving.

How to reproduce:
1. Switch to assault stance and standstill
2. Use any of the range skills, for example, spiral fletch arrow
3. Auto-attack is never triggered.

Thanks, Swizz

You cannot ranged AA in assault, in Scout you have to be standing still, and in skirmish you can AA on move. This is all intended.
<Montague><Capulet>

mryay

Post#3 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:01 pm

I disagree. This is inconsistent, and I am fairly sure it used to work in AoR.

But if it is the intended behavior in RoR, then it is a balance issue (and you can close the thread).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:42 pm

mryay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:01 pm I disagree. This is inconsistent, and I am fairly sure it used to work in AoR.

But if it is the intended behavior in RoR, then it is a balance issue (and you can close the thread).

Yea it did work that way in AoR but this isn’t AoR and Assault here is waaaaaaay better.
<Montague><Capulet>