Recent Topics

Ads

Door Tagging - Can we talk?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: Door Tagging - Can we talk?

Post#21 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:01 am

Sounds like NA problem.

Ads
TwistedSister77

Post#22 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:49 pm

Or a solution can be you can keep leveling your keep if the outer door is 100%... right?

Sulorie

Post#23 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm

velenne wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:44 pm
It's a silly metagame, I agree. I like the mechanics of running supplies to rank up keeps. There's a lot of fun metagame in controlling BO's and trying to shepherd the zerg into doing useful things for zone capping.

But therein lies the rub. It just takes one person who knows what they're doing to prevent the entire enemy realm from playing the game for 10 minutes. That's quite literally the most overpowered thing in the game and no one talks about it.
Let me ask this straight, how is the realm punished for not being able to rank up keep? What do you actually lose on a personal level?
What game you can't play for 10 minutes?
The resource carrier game with tiny reward ticks?
What stops you from actually play the game and kill enemy players?

I am confused.
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#24 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm
It's a silly metagame, I agree. I like the mechanics of running supplies to rank up keeps. There's a lot of fun metagame in controlling BO's and trying to shepherd the zerg into doing useful things for zone capping.

But therein lies the rub. It just takes one person who knows what they're doing to prevent the entire enemy realm from playing the game for 10 minutes. That's quite literally the most overpowered thing in the game and no one talks about it.
Let me ask this straight, how is the realm punished for not being able to rank up keep? What do you actually lose on a personal level?

I am confused.
Well most are punished by lack of campaign progress that must actually progress to gated activities to gain gear and advance their characters.
-= Agony =-

velenne

Post#25 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm

I am confused.
A part of the problem with the game in general is just how obfuscated many of the mechanics are. It's why an addon like State of Realm is so mandatory it should either come with the game by default or be banned.

Anyway, the problem with keep tagging is that running supplies is the way in which you rank up your keep. Why do you want to rank up your keep? Because you can't spawn a ram and go on the offensive unless your keep is 2-stars. Why do you want to go on the offensive? Because you want to win the zone and get bags that have better gear. It also pushes the zones toward Fortresses which have bags with even better gear. Two fortresses mean a city with the tokens for the best gear in the game. Why do you want better gear? Because it's a pvp game and having better gear helps you fight the other team better.

So, if you can stop the enemy realm with a single mouse click for 10 entire minutes, you are smart to do that. Let me show you:

On the bottom-right is the State of Realm addon (again, basically mandatory if you want to understand the endgame). You can see Eataine in the corner with Order having 93 people and Destro having 82. Basically even numbers. When the zone opened to the fall of Dragonwake, it was a race to see who could go on the offensive. Destro won that race because they have a player on their side LITERALLY NAMED "KEEPTAGGER". A few minutes before the picture above was taken, that player spawned the destroyed siege weapon you see in the picture. He carefully went around the outside of the rvr lake, sauntered up to our gate, and pressed a single button. We tried to stop him. We saw him coming.

But all it takes is one click.

Now the entire realm of Order has to sit and wait with no response for 10 minutes because a single orc with single siege weapon clicked his mouse a single time.

That seem right to you?

Sulorie

Post#26 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:21 pm

That players spawns the cannon at their keep, moves it through the entire zone towards your own keep and shoots door? This is what happened?
Dying is no option.

TreefAM

Post#27 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 am

Lmao when order can't stop a guy literally named KEEPTAGGER who had a giant yellow flashlight above his head (greenskin siege weapon) in Eataine of all places.
Should have stopped zerging at Sanct i guess.

velenne

Post#28 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:33 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 am Lmao when order can't stop a guy literally named KEEPTAGGER who had a giant yellow flashlight above his head (greenskin siege weapon) in Eataine of all places.
Should have stopped zerging at Sanct i guess.
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:21 pm That players spawns the cannon at their keep, moves it through the entire zone towards your own keep and shoots door? This is what happened?
It's actually quite easy to do, even with the enemy looking for it, and that's my point. Try it. The risk:effort:reward balance is out of whack.

Ads
velenne

Post#29 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:44 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:14 pm
[RvR]

- Keeps now rank up when resources are handed in, as long as doors are at 98% health or above. Resources handed in when door is below 98% health will still heal the door.
Dear Devs,

Thank you for listening. Good change for the health of the game.