Recent Topics

Ads

City queue proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
reistahlen

City queue proposal

Post#1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Instead of the current system, I propose to use something akin to fort invite, based on participation during the campaign. This way, people who fought all the way through and actually made the city happen would be rewarded by being more likely to participate in city (and know that, if they don't, it's because city is full of people who worked their asses off more and/or longer).

People arriving at the last minute, or who don't receive an invite, can queue like a fort by going in the portal and hope someone will log off.

I don't know much about programming, but this system exists already for forts, so I guess the tools are there to be adapted for cities.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: City queue proposal

Post#2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:33 pm

Moving rewards from city to campaign is better solution to many more problems, no?

reistahlen

Post#3 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:35 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:33 pm Moving rewards from city to campaign is better solution to many more problems, no?
You're right, this is indeed a problem, but my proposal covers only city access. I already thought about rewards, and found no solutions. So, in the meantime, I thought of this to at least have a fair access to the highest rewards: people who work for it can try to have them, others won't.

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm

And how would your solution work for people who change characters for City Siege?

reistahlen

Post#5 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:43 pm

Like I said: like forts. And I don't see a lot of complains about the fort system.

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:56 pm

There were complains about forts everyday in the past, and how unfair reservation system is. There are barely any more, because we got like 4-5 or more characters in invader already.

jonspidy

Post#7 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:29 pm

reistahlen wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm Instead of the current system, I propose to use something akin to fort invite, based on participation during the campaign. This way, people who fought all the way through and actually made the city happen would be rewarded by being more likely to participate in city (and know that, if they don't, it's because city is full of people who worked their asses off more and/or longer).

People arriving at the last minute, or who don't receive an invite, can queue like a fort by going in the portal and hope someone will log off.

I don't know much about programming, but this system exists already for forts, so I guess the tools are there to be adapted for cities.
The main reason why people only log in for city is because its the only way to progress their character past a certain point. They're already being forced to only do city sieges in order to get royals, forcing people to HAVE to participate in the entire campaign is just as bad. Royals and invaders should drop from players in RvR zones, then you'll see more people participate in the campaign. IMO that is
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."