Allow progress to renown 80 players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
istvar

Re: Allow progress to renown 80 players

Post#61 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:12 pm
istvar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:39 pm rr82, with WL/SoV gear, if you give any more advatage to RR80+ geared players you might as well not let new ppl roll on the server.
PvP in itself should be what drives you to play in a game like WAR,imo
This is true for pure/"fair" PvP games but for me MMOs like RoR were always about character progression to me.
I took a long break and run around in Vanquisher gear on my Slayer and I have no problem that others run already in full warlord/ sovereign.
I have a ton of alts and never had an issue with gear/ rank discrepancy. And i run solo all the time so it hits me even harder.
But the Devs made it pretty clear that they have a conservative progression in mind.
agree to disagree, for me WAR is not like your average MMO as is indicated by the lack of real "endgame content".
Ppl that are here to chase a carrot will leave once they got it, ppl that are here to enjoy the pvp will probably stay a lot longer

Ads
havartii

Post#62 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:36 am

In Live they let you walk/play around the Lakes as a Champ (like in cities). It would be a nice touch if they let you walk around your City as a champ, kind of like bragging rights .
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

TiberiusD

Post#63 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:30 am

devs stated that there will be no progression after renown rank 80 cuz this will **** up the entire server. Only Renown ranks and cosmetics (soon as far as i remember). Like it should be.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#64 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:56 am

Atropik wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:08 pm
Spoiler:
Wdova wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:17 pm what to do past rr 80? Just collect sovereign gear. I am person who do not wake up in the middle of the night or early in the morning for cities, so I am rr 81 with my choppa and have only 2 sovereign pieces,0 warlods. For casuals like me its run for verry, verry long time :)

LIke somebody on forum written.

You have full sovereign/warlord and You dont have job/familly/friends or you have Your real life and dont have Sove/warlord gear. You cant have both :-D
If those hardcore players with no job/friends etc. will get bored and leave the game, you will find nobody online when you finally log in, thats how it goes, how many ppl this server had online after fort/city content being reliased? 3-5k? Leave it with no patching for a year, you will see 200 ppl online during EU prime.

Casual players never met each other, only the hardcore guys make it alive and inhabitate and if they go, the game will die. Every hardcore player should have smth to achieve, some extra to be given, and im talking not about a dress, goggles or a title.
First: i dont agree that all the ppl in Sov/Warl are hardcore players (with no life/blablabla) => this game is really casual-friendly.
Second: if casual players stop play the game will die much faster than without "hardcore guys".

adapter
Suspended

Post#65 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:10 am

I notice there's some players that worry about the balance

What could 10 more renown points really do? it won't unbalance it, it takes a lot of months or maybe a year to go from 80 to 90, very few players could achieve that many renown levels to call it "unbalance".
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon