Recent Topics

Ads

Pet chase distance limitation for lions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
hunter4souls

Re: Pet chase distance limitation for lions

Post#11 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:45 pm

axelpl85 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:36 am I think the bigger problem is not the range but pathing and movement.
Pet teleporting to target in example phasing out of nowhere on enemy.
Pet suddently appearing on oil , when there are no paths available.
i do agree that it's a huge problem, but i'm not sure devs can fix this in low-time cost. That feature might need lot of time and efforts, and maybe even require changes in core of the game.
So i suggested faster and easier solution
<icon20191> Aktheon : drift masta
<icon20201> Akteon : healer? what healer?
<icon20203> Aktheonus : M.D. on drugs
<icon20181> Aktheonius : deep (Keep) penetration
<icon20197> Aktheonok : as good as kfc

Ads
hunter4souls

Re: Pet chase distance limitation for lions

Post#12 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:58 pm

drmordread wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:35 am You realize that the same limitations you want to put on WL pets will be put on Squigs right? I mean you do realize that destro just can't waltz through game with order not being able to kill them right?
i mentioned WLs cause atm pack of lions is a big problem during sieges.
But i do agree that same distance limitation should be applied for SH's squigs.

imho, SHs should not break after implementation of this feature. Melee squigs should not run further than 40-60ft, to stay reliable companion for mSH. Ranged squigs can run away same distance and be able to attack same target rSH is attacking (runaway distance + squig attack range = 100ft or so).
yet i'm not sure what ranged squig's actual attack range, so distance may differ after actual testings and depending on dev's balance decisions. But overall my idea is clear - pets should not run away great distance and do shenanigan missions
<icon20191> Aktheon : drift masta
<icon20201> Akteon : healer? what healer?
<icon20203> Aktheonus : M.D. on drugs
<icon20181> Aktheonius : deep (Keep) penetration
<icon20197> Aktheonok : as good as kfc