Recent Topics

Ads

New Engineer/Magus ability

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
catholicism198

Re: New Engineer/Magus ability

Post#11 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:37 pm

xanderous wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 pm Well instead of inventing an entirely new ability they should just turn on the reduced aoe damage debuff for the grenade and flamer thrower turret that WL pet gets exclusively.

engie, magus and SH has suffered from this issue for the longest time and the veterans who still play them have all come to the same conclusion that the powers that be simply have no desire to fix it.
That is well known and well documented, but we’re all dreamers at heart.

The squig can function without it’s pet and it doesn’t lose all it damage potential when it dies.

All turrets need it. Not just those two.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#12 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:37 pm

U dont have tac to re-sumon turret/deamon instantly ?

catholicism198

Post#13 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:37 pm U dont have tac to re-sumon turret/deamon instantly ?
You mean the one that creates a turret that dies one seconds later?

wachlarz

Post#14 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 pm
wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:37 pm U dont have tac to re-sumon turret/deamon instantly ?
IF U prefer fight in mele with engi then yes

catholicism198

Post#15 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 pm

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 pm
IF U prefer fight in mele with engi then yes
AEs aren’t exclusive to melee classes.
Melee or range, the outcome is the same.

I’ve played both the magus and engineer, (semi-exclusively,) so I know all their shortcomings and what works and what does not.
It’s not as if I am suggesting some unnecessary buff to an ability. Hence the lack of resistance.
This is about qol. It’s Something to help with with one of the core flaws of their mechanic. One that does not break the game, or rattle the meta.

wachlarz

Post#16 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:20 am

So how much U want to turret have hp or armor/resistane ? how long U want turret stay in aoe 10 sec or 20 sec ? unguarded dps die in 10 sec in aoe. So no - turret that can be summoned instantly U want be better that a whole dps class.

Crumbs

Post#17 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:08 am

lion and squig pets dont compare anywhere near to the same magnitude to engi/magus pets.

they dont gain 40% of their damage from their pets, they have alternative no-pet tools that are viable, they're not completely immobile, and on top of that pets like bombard/flamer increase dot tick rate by almost another 40%, thats an 80% increase in aoe dot pressure from engis/magus just from having pets alive and near, **** planetary difference. The post is about engi/magus pets and their mechanic, dont use lion or squig as a comparative measure to buff/nerf pets, nowhere near on the spectrum.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

kirraha

Post#18 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 am As we all know the magus and engineer are the least valued classes in cities for a myriad of reason- One being their turrets and how quickly they get destroyed or die, resulting in a big loss of their damage potential.
My suggestion to partially alleviate this issue is to create a new base ability that negates their incoming AE damage for 15 seconds with a one minute CD.
They can still be easily destroyed, you just need to target them, at least for those 15 seconds.

Something like: “Emergency field repair kit” or “Emergency field defense,” which would use the unused “auto loader” animation.

*I’ve used the wounds tactic, and it only helps the turret last 1 additional second.
Imo magus/engi became least valued since their pet is not affected by aoe heals anymore. Pet dies before you even summoned it in wb gameplay.

I used to main magus but now I dont even bother cause my dmg drops to nothing and I spend more time resummoning than acually doing dmg.

Its sad cause I love magusclass. But why waste time when I can play other classes who wont drop their dmg every 5second?

Ads