Recent Topics

Ads

Change speccable morales 4 into m1/2.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grimfang
Suspended

Re: Change speccable morales 4 into m1/2.

Post#11 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Morales are just a mess in general. They were going to rework them at one point but as with many things going to maintenance mode killed that.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#12 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:28 am

Grimfang wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:29 pm Morales are just a mess in general. They were going to rework them at one point but as with many things going to maintenance mode killed that.
That was back when Azarael was here and those were made because he was able and willing to make meaningful changes. Some were good but the ones to morales were awful.
Reduced range and radii, and converting all burst morales to dots. Terrible move.

nuadarstark

Post#13 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Honestly, I just wish they were actually useful. The issue is not that they're hard to get to as M4, issue is that they're absolutely dogshit for most of the classes.

I'm mostly playing as a WP, so I'll go through those:

Gift of Life - This being a pseudo shield instead of an actual shield just makes this much less useful or impactful than the more used M3 shield. Not to mention the armour gets lowered by everyone and their mother using armour pots already and the parry or disrupt can still be easily pushed through if someone has **** luck. Not worth speccing into at all as Salvation WP.

Divine Amazement - A fast ticking DoT that is locked to very low amount of targets, does next to no damage overall and heals a tiny amount. Our M2 does more work than this M4 does. Also why is this a Grace tree morale ability and not Wrath tree? Why should Grace WP do any of this? Their normal lifetap heals work better than this already and this is only healing them and not their allies/party (again, unlike the M2).

Avatar of Sigmar - Oh wow, a skill increase for your group that lasts for 30 secs, so good. Too bad anyone and their mom is capping all kinds of skills. Also why is this a Wrath again and not some sort of a damage, dps or mobility ability? Is this to make them feel like they at least have some group utility aside from being able to res people and apply their healing debuff on one target?

So in the end, as a WP you'll just slot in the "Alter Fate" healer M4 that at leasts has some uses in keeps or forts.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Zxul

Post#14 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:17 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm 3.5 is ridiculous for something that’s so integral to the game. It really the biggest issue these m4 abilities face.

The ones posted up there should remain m4. I think they should all be m4 and balanced accordingly, but should have various morale point requirements. Debuff, lowest- single target abilities, similar,-heals and buffs- more than s/t and finally, ae damage abilities at the maximum.
Last I heard they weren’t touching them or interested in this kind of feedback.
It’s yet another dead aspect of the game.

Edit: 3-5 times? Try once, except for forts.
Might be worth changing them based on effect:
- M1 slot- minor party buff (wp- Avatar of Sigmar), minor party heal (rp- Valaya's Shield), single target dmg with no major debuff (dok- Vision of Torment), short duration self buff+minor party buff (ib- Strength in Numbers), aoe with no major dmg or effects, or in some other way not an actual aoe bomb (chosen- Warping Embrace, wp- Divine Amazement)
- M2 slot- dot aoe bomb with no major first hit and no major aoe debuff (bw- Wall of Fire) , major party buff with 10 sec duration (wp- Gift of Live, assuming it has some ICD slayer- Unleashed Power), minor aoe debuffs with no nuke component (WE- Overwhelming Dread), single target abilities with some sort of major effect (mara- Forked Aggression, magus- Soul Leak), self abilities with major effects (wl- Rampage)
- M3 slot- aoe bombs with no major debuffs, major party buff with 30 sec duration (chosen- Sprout Carapace), major aoe debuffs with no nuke (sorc- Crippling Terror), especially potent single target abilities (wh- Excommunicate)
-keep M4 slot- aoe morale drains, possibly aoe nukes with heal debuff component, possibly morales which have some sort of major effect in rvr (bg- Khaine's Warding)
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

catholicism198

Post#15 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:00 pm

I thought my suggestions were already pushing it.

All of this is moot unless they revert the morale rate. M4s you can only use for forts? Not worth the investment

Foofmonger

Post#16 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Most M4s are just not worth the time it takes to build them, but increasing their power level to be "worth it", tends to also just make them "overpowered".

That's why they are situational and strong in particular situations (such as forts). I'm not really sure what you can do to "fix" the problem, besides nerfing non M4 morales to make them feel better. I literally faced this dillema today in testing out a M4 spec. Sure, the M4 is neat when you get it, but is it better than spewing out M1/M2s on a quicker cadence? Depends on your class and what you are trying to do I suppose.

marisco

Post#17 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:57 pm

Yes, please. Give my changing magus Demonic Scream as m1/m2. 8-)

catholicism198

Post#18 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:41 pm

marisco wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:57 pm Yes, please. Give my changing magus Demonic Scream as m1/m2. 8-)
That morale, like many others, has a great animation.

Abilities like those should never be m2.

I’ve stacked morale regeneration gear and jewelry and the rate at which you gain morale is STILL slower than live. No point in getting m4 from mastery paths.

Ads