Recent Topics

Ads

Floating skull over dead players

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sagefoxwood

Floating skull over dead players

Post#1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm

make a little floating skull that appears over dead players corpses so that healers have an easier time recognizing who needs reviving and where they are

and less people needing to whisper healers for a revive

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Floating skull over dead players

Post#2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm

The amount of lag it'd generate would be staggering. Besides if you're in a party or warband a healer can clearly see who is dead, who's out of line of sight, who's in range and so on.

The only situation where "skulls over the dead" would be useful is when you run solo (and the risk of waiting and asking for a res is implied then).

I see no reason for devs to implement it as core game feature. An addon however - sure, why not.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

sagefoxwood

Post#3 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:12 am

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm The amount of lag it'd generate would be staggering. Besides if you're in a party or warband a healer can clearly see who is dead, who's out of line of sight, who's in range and so on.

The only situation where "skulls over the dead" would be useful is when you run solo (and the risk of waiting and asking for a res is implied then).

I see no reason for devs to implement it as core game feature. An addon however - sure, why not.
no different thena dead body being on the ground i would think.... personally would be nice to have the option to show skulls over people outside your warband / party

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 am

or maby a mark on them if they type /rez for 10 sec if they are dead
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Alterkraft

Post#5 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:47 am

Or join a group with reliable healers... :roll:

Zxul

Post#6 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Lets make it funnier- vengeance relic from Unreal, looked exactly like this but had a somewhat different consequences. I say implement it now! :D
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Zaxxond

Post#7 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:47 pm

I like the suggestion but would like to add in a flare of RoR Server lore. Instead of floating skull, a floating Zaxxed above dead players.

Panodil

Post#8 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Make me as healer be able to turn that off so i dont have to see all dead players
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads