Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior & Squig Herder suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Shadow Warrior & Squig Herder suggestion

Post#1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 am

Oi Oi, Kabusquig here, yes, again. I come to talk about Ranged SW and SH after weeks of the SW rework. To not make you read a text wall I'll be brief and share few ideas on how to approach both careers. To take in mind I'm a Squig Herder renown 79 player.

What I'll suggest are some overall ideas with lack of detail, just a broad view of what could be good for both careers in terms of PvP (smallscale, solo, pugging,warband, zerg, city, etc)

Suggestions are:

1. Increase the range of Path of Scout and Path of Big Shootin', specifically for these next abilities: Festering Arrow / Poison Arrer, Eagle Eye / Plink.

2. Add utility effects for Scout/Skirmirsh/Big Shootin/Quick Shootin abilities, these utility effects coming to be the next ones: AP drain, building times debuff, AoE Movement slows, cooldown debufs, toughness/resistances debuffs, single target and AoE morale drain, group movement speed buffs, etc. These could be added to a variety of already existing abitilies in all of the paths mentioned.

3. Increase the AoE burst overall in both Skirmirsh and Quick Shootin'. Both careers need to have a real damage sustain from range. Hopefully between 75ft and 120ft.

That's about it, bye.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
teiloh

Re: Shadow Warrior & Squig Herder suggestion

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 pm

imo I don't think the game really needs more AOE. The fact that most proposals to improve underpowered classes call for more AOE damage is indicative of a broader problem.

Maybe an AOE suppression skill. Impose backlash on an AOE damage dealer, restrict AOE ranges/damage, etc.

But preferably AOE could be fixed at its root and this would be a boon for WE/WH and SW/SH.

- Signed, WH/Engi/SW/AM/Magus/rSH player

doxifera

Post#3 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:31 pm

adapter wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 am Oi Oi, Kabusquig here, yes, again. I come to talk about Ranged SW and SH after weeks of the SW rework. To not make you read a text wall I'll be brief and share few ideas on how to approach both careers. To take in mind I'm a Squig Herder renown 79 player.

What I'll suggest are some overall ideas with lack of detail, just a broad view of what could be good for both careers in terms of PvP (smallscale, solo, pugging,warband, zerg, city, etc)

Suggestions are:

1. Increase the range of Path of Scout and Path of Big Shootin', specifically for these next abilities: Festering Arrow / Poison Arrer, Eagle Eye / Plink.

2. Add utility effects for Scout/Skirmirsh/Big Shootin/Quick Shootin abilities, these utility effects coming to be the next ones: AP drain, building times debuff, AoE Movement slows, cooldown debufs, toughness/resistances debuffs, single target and AoE morale drain, group movement speed buffs, etc. These could be added to a variety of already existing abitilies in all of the paths mentioned.

3. Increase the AoE burst overall in both Skirmirsh and Quick Shootin'. Both careers need to have a real damage sustain from range. Hopefully between 75ft and 120ft.

That's about it, bye.
Well, after such changes, all the rDD can boldly re-roll in the SW/SH...the rest rDD will be sent to the scrap.
or is it a joke?)
give us a range like that of ST Magus/Engi, AoE dmg like that of Sorc/ BW and buns from morale drain to cd on abilitys ... you need to be more realistic)

adapter
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:04 am

doxifera wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:31 pm
Well, after such changes, all the rDD can boldly re-roll in the SW/SH...the rest rDD will be sent to the scrap.
or is it a joke?)
give us a range like that of ST Magus/Engi, AoE dmg like that of Sorc/ BW and buns from morale drain to cd on abilitys ... you need to be more realistic)
I am being realistic, squig herder and shadow warrior could use an increase in range of a few skills, also remove the damage penalty from quick shootin/skirmirsh
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon