Recent Topics

Ads

City : an additional reward proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
saupreusse
Developer

Re: City : an additional reward proposal

Post#11 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:04 pm

I did not just talk about bags. Tell me how changing the system to reward everyone who participated in RvR based on their contribution with royals would not make it so everyone who plays 2 hours a day would not have full sov within a few weeks. The problem we have right now is not that it takes to long to obtain sov set. its only the symptom of not being able to get rewards while you are playing. If you would -in theory- participate in every city atm you would have full sov in a week or two. so as you see speed is not the problem here, the problem is that most can not even participate in 2 cities a month - hence I am asking for a more rewarding campaign for players that miss out on city. Ive also seen ppl asking for fixed city times which is obviously no fix at all but merely a band aid.

Ads
doxifera

Post#12 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:46 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:04 pm I am asking for a more rewarding campaign for players that miss out on city.
I am also for it, man.
And not only because of the sets.
Because every weekday a city happens when I’m offline and I understand people who have the same problem, because a third of the cities I managed to see, I dont get a pop, and I know what it is, and because there are a lot of players for which City is closed because of the low level - they also deserve out their soldier's or conqueror's, or what they need there for their level.

Brickson

Post#13 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:17 am

I know the idea has already been rejected several times. But I still think making medaillons upwards tradeable (Conq -> Vanq -> Inv -> Sov) at a 5 to 1 ratio would be one of the easiest and fastest solutions to make the campaign more rewarding. Especially for people that can rarely participate in cities (being it because of timing problems or playing a class, that isn't usefull in cities).
If you don't want people to skip sets you could just use the ToK unlocks as a requirement for being able to trade (e.g. after you finished your conquerer set you're allowed to trade 5 of your conqueror medaillons for 1 vanquisher).

Not sure if the same solution would be helpfull for emblems. I've never seen anyone wearing the dominator set. Usually you just buy the weapons and maybe the oppressor set. Changing the sc quest reward from conqueror to oppressor at some point (rr 50/60/70) would be nice.
Last edited by Brickson on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:58 am

Too many currencies. This isn’t 2005.

Brickson

Post#15 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am

Spoiler:
Grimfang wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:58 am Too many currencies. This isn’t 2005.
Are you referring to my post? Care to elaborate a bit further or did you just feel the need to spew out some words?
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Henrak

Post#16 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:05 pm

I am agree and it s à good idea.
If i can complete. I think the city star is the problem.
Because when every night US ppl play on IC city and get RC. Other player Who push city à few hours later win less RC Because the city lose star.

Maybe the star should link with account or character. If we dont participe on city during 3 days thé reward on stage increase like à 5 star city.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm

Brickson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am
Spoiler:
Are you referring to my post? Care to elaborate a bit further or did you just feel the need to spew out some words?
They got rid of the currencies on live. No game has all these currencies anymore. Its a really old feature. Developers learnt to just let players do the content they enjoy to get what they want.
https://www.polygon.com/2012/12/4/37267 ... unning-out

agemennon675

Post#18 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Grimfang wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm
Brickson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am
Spoiler:
They got rid of the currencies on live. No game has all these currencies anymore. Its a really old feature. Developers learnt to just let players do the content they enjoy to get what they want.
https://www.polygon.com/2012/12/4/37267 ... unning-out
This looks like a better system than we have right now since it rewards playtime not city logging but I cannot confirm it because I never played on live
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads