Rework City Siege Stage 1

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Rework City Siege Stage 1

Post#1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Stage 1 could be more dynamic and tactical

There has been this issue while playing a City that maybe everyone can relate to, the issue is that almost every City Siege, one side stomps the other, ending with a 300 kills to 20 kills. This is bad because you end up having to stay between 45 minutes up to 1 hour getting killed over and over again. For both sides it's boring, if you are winning it feels like doing a PQ and if you are loosing well, you must already know how it feels. We all know how frustating it is to get this type of City, don't matter how much you try, the result will be the same, get farmed over and over again, both Order and Destruction suffer from this.

So taking in consideration this issue, which I think is the most important one regarding how City Sieges are played, I've come to this idea that I would like to suggest, which is reworking Stage 1 and I'll explain why is it that Stage 1 should be the starting rework point, here's why:

-What happens in Stage 1? Inmediately we see that the defending side regroups at the Mid BO waiting for the attacking side to take over the first 2 BOs and then clash in the Mid BO for a 24vs24 battle to decide if Stage 1 moves on or stays at Mid BO for 30 minutes straight. Now, what does this means? From the start of City Siege we will see how the whole Scenario will be played out, one side will dominate the entire City untill the end of Stage 3, resulting in a typical 300 kills to 20 kills result.

I think if by reworking how Stage 1 is scored, we will avoid this awful results, what I'm trying to say is that if you remove the first battle being a 24vs24, the City will have a totally different result. Reworking the beggining will may have an impact on Stage 2 and 3.

So after roughly explaining the reason of Why it needs a rework, I'll now continue with the suggestion I have in mind:

-Make Stage 1 work as a Scenario Score system, which is up to 500 to decide which side wins.
-The first 3 BOs (starting from south side in both cities) could work as the flags in the Scenario Nordenwatch or Reikland Hills just to give an example. It should be a slow scoring per BO taken so it last for about 10 minutes up to 20.
-Allow the Pillagin (burning objects) score 1 or 2 points per burned object for the attacking side,so the defending side could stop them from burning it.
-This would allow for the whole team to split and coordinate attacks/defend the BOs to score points, also allowing roaming/single targets careers to have an impact in how the Stage is played out. At the same time avoiding the 24v24 AoE fight.
-This would be a more dynamic way of playing the City.
-Let Stage 2 and 3 be a 24v24 battle.

So once the 500 points are reached, for the attacking side, they would continue moving on to the next step in Stage 1 which is to summon goblins/dwarves and LORD dragon/big bird. This step somehow is good, I would like for it to get a rework but right now it's not what I aim for. It may very well be just remove the whole concept of LORDs and Door and just let it be a Score game by holding flags all around the City or maybe not.
Now, once the defending side reaches 500 points, they will win Stage 1 and move on to the next Stage 2.

By changin Stage 1 we would definetly see a different result in at least the Killing Blows score. Thus improving the whole experience of playing a City Siege. That would be it, bye bye.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
mytreds

Re: Rework City Siege Stage 1

Post#2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:12 am

First-

"one organized premadeside stomps the PUGs"
FTFY

" Inmediately(sic) we see that the defending side regroups at the Mid BO waiting for the attacking side to take over the first 2 BOs and then clash in the Mid BO"

Sometimes, the attacker will take one side and then crash mid. Other times defenders crash the attackers immediately after they leave spawn. Sometimes attackers approach mid from two directions. Different groups have different strategies.

However, I will agree that "a 24vs24 battle to decide if Stage 1 moves on or stays at Mid BO for 30 minutes straight" is accurate. Once mid has been won by the attackers, 9/10 the attackers win.

"see a different result in at least the Killing Blows score"

I mean is this really all you care about? DBs don't always predict outcome. In the most recent city, my group won 2/3 stages. They had over 300 DBs. We had around 80.

Your heart is in the right place, your suggestions though are lackluster. The problem with Stage 1 is the mindset players have during this instance. If they lose mid, they usually give up and try to defend at least once. Then when they get wiped again, it's hard to defend because of spawn camping and people will either feed or afk in spawn. My suggestion would be to reduce the amount of time needed to attack, giving defenders the chance to delay organized attackers in a meaningful way. Or, limit the amount of times dragons/birds can be spawned. Make it three, instead of five or six.

Alfa1986

Post#3 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 am

I’m just wondering if anyone remembers that there was another script on live version of the game for city sieges? or am I confusing something with some other game.

on this topic, you just need to make all 5 bo available at once for attack.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

adapter
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:53 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:50 am I’m just wondering if anyone remembers that there was another script on live version of the game for city sieges? or am I confusing something with some other game.

on this topic, you just need to make all 5 bo available at once for attack.
That sounds interesting. And yeah, making all 5 BOs avaiable for capture could do it
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon