Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: Healing nerf

Post#71 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 pm
Zxul wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:39 pm
At this point you are right I seriously don't know what I am talking about, I am just making stuff up because I want to feel important.
I just want to know who your main is on destro and order, but you won't give up the goods. Always nice to have a target to focus.
Its nice knowing by this point I'm part of your fantasies, careful or you might go blind.

Main is Lxul on destro, no order toons. GL lol.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#72 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 pm I have seen so many DOK/WP face tank groups of people.
Face tank GROUPS (plural) of ppl?? how many grps?? a full wb?? ...maybe you talking of city champs in phase 3?? lol

Gurf

Post#73 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:13 pm

It's pretty clear that if there is an issue it is a DOK/WP one. Every good group needs a DOK/WP to work well, the group healing means all the other healers can single target and cross party heal with much more comfort keeping everything alive. Most of the time you are better off going nowhere near them so they hard a harder time getting Fury rather than actually try kill them because their defence is so strong.

Valarion

Post#74 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 pm

geezereur wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm Healers survivability needs to be toned down particular dok + wp and also buff rp + zealot dps tree.
You lost every last bit of credibility you had with claiming the zealot dps tree needs to be toned down.

Either you have never played a zealot or just got pissed you were slowly dot'd to death.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Mordecaieth

Post#75 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:50 pm

A diminishing returns system on healing could help remedy your concerns... but that would never fly. I think the real culprit here is armor stacking DoK and WP.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#76 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Gurf wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:13 pm It's pretty clear that if there is an issue it is a DOK/WP one. Every good group needs a DOK/WP to work well, the group healing means all the other healers can single target and cross party heal with much more comfort keeping everything alive. Most of the time you are better off going nowhere near them so they hard a harder time getting Fury rather than actually try kill them because their defence is so strong.
the issue is that dps need to focus and assist ST instead of mindless aoe spam.....mostly ppl just spam aoe for the dps big numbers and in that situation dok/wp shine over other healers. if you focus and assist on 1 target others healers (zealot/rp) will shine...

nuadarstark

Post#77 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:28 pm

It's absurd to me that there are people calling for a damn healing need in current environment. AoE pressure and morale game is already a massive issue in oRvR and cities and people survive purely because healers can heal that good. Without you'd have fights lasting just few seconds and DPS getting burned instantly, even more than they already are. The fact that we finally, after the morale bombing need we can finally have longer sustained fights is a positive, not a negative.

Focus, assist, keep the AoE pressure up and morale bomb. I'm a salv WP in Sov and while I'm sometimes joking around that I'm a raid boss, it's because people are stupid and are just completely mindlessly attacking me, not because the game is broken.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Sulorie

Post#78 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pm

Valarion wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 pm
geezereur wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:54 pm Healers survivability needs to be toned down particular dok + wp and also buff rp + zealot dps tree.
You lost every last bit of credibility you had with claiming the zealot dps tree needs to be toned down.

Either you have never played a zealot or just got pissed you were slowly dot'd to death.
His post was nonsense but you should read the part you mentioned again, you misunderstood something.
Dying is no option.

Ads
teiloh

Post#79 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:11 pm

I think the OP's reasoning is flawed here, but a healing nerf could be good for the game if accompanied by:

1. Standardization and flattening of heal debuffs. The state of healing has made it so heal debuffs are basically a necessary chore and it spawns more complications in group-building and rotations. Heal debuffs are notably much more powerful than most other forms of debuffs right now.

2. Reining in AOE direct damage. Right now mass AOE is the main way of solving most ORvR problems. You simply funnel people and pile it on. Some sort of mitigation like damage fall-off would help alleviate the need for mass healing.

This would greatly improve the gameplay experience of solo/nice players and off-specs, imo.

Omegus

Post#80 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:52 pm

How many WBs do you know that focus WP/DoK over AM/RP/Shaman/Zealot? The time to kill on WP/DoKs is usually too high which is why you need to go after the other healers / target first. When you're able to disrupt the healing from WPs/DoKs either by forcing them to stop casting to res or can get some hard CC on them then they go down. If you prioritise WP/DoK too early then the enemy WB has a far better chance of recovering while you're spending the extra time on that particular kill.

The best way to kill DoK/WP was to catch them in a morale bomb as it countered all of their defensive tricks. DoK/WP often play closer to the front lines so it was easier to catch some/all in the bomb. But then unmitigated damage became 50% mitigated if it started reaching levels where it was actually effective, so there went that trick.

Let's not forget the Zealot/RP AoE heal debuff nerfs were because the classes got caught in the crossfire in the DoK nerf which aimed at 6v6 and not cities.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot