Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Healing nerf

Post#11 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:25 pm

use a knight and stay close :^)

Ads
sighy

Post#12 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:49 pm
jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm It is a double edged sword. I agree sometimes healers just seem to take forever to kill. But with how the game is framed on 24+ vs 24+ with zergs up to 700 vs 700 (that is the most ive seen in one zone) the heals sort of have to be that way. It is the same reason that HEAVY AOE PRESSURE is meta because heals have to be able to support their group/warband.

The main place healing seems mega strong is for Ranked SC IMO. Some games will come down to just one kill over 15 mins. It is fun and I love it and I wouldn't change it but I can see where you are coming from at times.
but if you notice, if a 2/2/2 wb faces another 2/2/2 wb, regardless its a long fight, it scales nomatter how you have it, if both sides have tons of heals the fights take what feels like forever. take city fights for example, i have had defences on the first stage take the whole 25minutes on 1fight because neither side could wipe each other.
In my experience that's because of the focused mind+rez spam. The healers are usually spread out, in that kind of fight.

Valarion

Post#13 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Healing actually needs to be buffed. There I said it.

I realize that in a dps centric community, this statement isnt going to be popular, but here is why:

Point#1: Right now TTK (time it takes to kill someone) is at an all time low and most of us veteran healers have seen this before. While the devs here have done an amazing job at containing the gear disparity as best they could, Id say the burst damage potential now is almost as bad as it was on live when the Sov gear was combined with LoTD. This is likely because nearly all of the dps classes are fixed, their base damage has been buffed and more classes have viable burst specs now (WLs, engs, magus, SW, etc).

Point#2: While healers have had a few buffs (and nerfs) across the board, the vast majority of buffs have been heavily favored towards dps. Almost every single last patch note since this game inception has buffed either burst or base damage, or both. Some classes have been adjusted to the point where I almost cant even singularly outheal their damage anymore. This last point I only ever saw on live towards the end when the TTK was so out of control people were leaving the game.
Last edited by Valarion on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Healing down, health pools up. longer ttk. pressure more effective.

zumos2

Post#15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm ive played almost every melee class of destro to 75ish and yes. but heal debuffs just get cleansed instantly in my experience
Stopped reading here, clearly clueless about the game if you let your healdebuff get cleansed. It's so easy to cover it up with other debuffs.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Xico

Post#16 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:17 pm

zumos2 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm
Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm ive played almost every melee class of destro to 75ish and yes. but heal debuffs just get cleansed instantly in my experience
Stopped reading here, clearly clueless about the game if you let your healdebuff get cleansed. It's so easy to cover it up with other debuffs.
kinda a hostile response mate no need for that. take a BG for example, you dont have enough debuffs to "cover it up" with to get it to stick for more than 7-10sec
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula

sogeou

Post#17 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 pm

How about those fully geared SOV DOK's / WP taking like 70 damage / 400 mitigated because they have like 4k armor and 600-700 toughness. Plus strong healing.

blechkautz

Post#18 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Xico wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:17 pm
zumos2 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm
kinda a hostile response mate no need for that. take a BG for example, you dont have enough debuffs to "cover it up" with to get it to stick for more than 7-10sec
Wait what? You have armordebuff, snare, toughnessdebuff, crush the weak, fourious howl and some more skills you have to spec for. All can be used to mask you hd.

Ads
Naelar

Post#19 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 pm

jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm It is a double edged sword. I agree sometimes healers just seem to take forever to kill. But with how the game is framed on 24+ vs 24+ with zergs up to 700 vs 700 (that is the most ive seen in one zone) the heals sort of have to be that way. It is the same reason that HEAVY AOE PRESSURE is meta because heals have to be able to support their group/warband.

The main place healing seems mega strong is for Ranked SC IMO. Some games will come down to just one kill over 15 mins. It is fun and I love it and I wouldn't change it but I can see where you are coming from at times.
but if you notice, if a 2/2/2 wb faces another 2/2/2 wb, regardless its a long fight, it scales nomatter how you have it, if both sides have tons of heals the fights take what feels like forever. take city fights for example, i have had defences on the first stage take the whole 25minutes on 1fight because neither side could wipe each other.
Yes, that tends to happen when you have two groups/wb that are pretty close to each other in composition and skill. Sorry you don't have an "I win!" button.

Xico

Post#20 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 pm

Naelar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Yes, that tends to happen when you have two groups/wb that are pretty close to each other in composition and skill. Sorry you don't have an "I win!" button.
well if you played other MMORPGs you know in large scale fights its never as drawn out as it is in this game, take GW2 for example, even the biggest of fights dont last longer than 5minutes, because healing isnt as major in that game. just to say "equal skil" isnt an excuse to make a fight take forever, when a WH duels a WE, is it a 25minute fight because they are "equal skill" nice argument though.
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula