Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Xico

Healing nerf

Post#1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 pm

I would love to see healing scaled back by atleast 30%. small scale fights last ages because of the amount of survivability by half geared healers.
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula

Ads
SOcial

Re: Healing nerf

Post#2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:25 pm

What classes do you play ? do you have a slotted heal debuff ?
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

And most of the Druken... character :p

Xico

Post#3 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm

ive played almost every melee class of destro to 75ish and yes. but heal debuffs just get cleansed instantly in my experience

ClemmonGrab

Post#4 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 pm

Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:29 pm ive played almost every melee class of destro to 75ish and yes. but heal debuffs just get cleansed instantly in my experience
Wait, heal debuffs can be cleansed!? I'm rr78 and I never knew this -_-

Xico

Post#5 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:37 pm

maybe im wrong lol, but it always seems to be gone right after applying on my BG

jvlosky

Post#6 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm

It is a double edged sword. I agree sometimes healers just seem to take forever to kill. But with how the game is framed on 24+ vs 24+ with zergs up to 700 vs 700 (that is the most ive seen in one zone) the heals sort of have to be that way. It is the same reason that HEAVY AOE PRESSURE is meta because heals have to be able to support their group/warband.

The main place healing seems mega strong is for Ranked SC IMO. Some games will come down to just one kill over 15 mins. It is fun and I love it and I wouldn't change it but I can see where you are coming from at times.

SOcial

Post#7 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:45 pm

SO yes heal debuf can be cleansed, not all by the same classes (depends if its an ailment or a curse).

Are those healer solo ?

Also is it really a problem when this game is all about being in a party, a good assist will get a healer down with a punt on the guard and a cc on second healer (basically).

I know have an experience in every format, wb assist can mostly kill healer easy in a 18 vs xx format, 6v6 is the exemple i gave above.

I guess in solo you gonna encounter problems but since mostly the healer isnt gonna kill you anyway, in my opinion a stalemate isnt bad, also being honest you can kill a lot of healer with a HDBF and a good CC.

So yeah my point is, no please dont nerf heal.
Mostly Order these days
Drukenbrad Mara 40/7x
Drunkenbill SH 40/7x
Drunkenlenny BG 40/7x

Drunkenemi SW 40/80
Drunkenbrian WH 40/80
Drunkenbob IB 40/80

And most of the Druken... character :p

Xico

Post#8 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:49 pm

jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm It is a double edged sword. I agree sometimes healers just seem to take forever to kill. But with how the game is framed on 24+ vs 24+ with zergs up to 700 vs 700 (that is the most ive seen in one zone) the heals sort of have to be that way. It is the same reason that HEAVY AOE PRESSURE is meta because heals have to be able to support their group/warband.

The main place healing seems mega strong is for Ranked SC IMO. Some games will come down to just one kill over 15 mins. It is fun and I love it and I wouldn't change it but I can see where you are coming from at times.
but if you notice, if a 2/2/2 wb faces another 2/2/2 wb, regardless its a long fight, it scales nomatter how you have it, if both sides have tons of heals the fights take what feels like forever. take city fights for example, i have had defences on the first stage take the whole 25minutes on 1fight because neither side could wipe each other.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#9 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:49 pm
jvlosky wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm It is a double edged sword. I agree sometimes healers just seem to take forever to kill. But with how the game is framed on 24+ vs 24+ with zergs up to 700 vs 700 (that is the most ive seen in one zone) the heals sort of have to be that way. It is the same reason that HEAVY AOE PRESSURE is meta because heals have to be able to support their group/warband.

but if you notice, if a 2/2/2 wb faces another 2/2/2 wb, regardless its a long fight, it scales nomatter how you have it, if both sides have tons of heals the fights take what feels like forever. take city fights for example, i have had defences on the first stage take the whole 25minutes on 1fight because neither side could wipe each other.
Yeah I can see how you wouldn't like that. But thing is I like that about this game LOL. I find it most compelling when you have a super even 24v24 in city and nobody dies for a while because it is like figuring out a puzzle for me. Do we need to pressure their healers to win this now? Lets try zoning them out and using range to our advantage? I dunno I really really like city and really even 24v24.

I could see how it could be unfun for some, hopefully these smart devs can figure out how to give us the best of both worlds.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 pm

Xico wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:37 pm maybe im wrong lol, but it always seems to be gone right after applying on my BG
Because you don't cover them. Additionally it's your job to stay near guard target and not to run off solo to healdebuff someone.
Dying is no option.