Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Healing nerf

Post#81 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:52 pm How many WBs do you know that focus WP/DoK over AM/RP/Shaman/Zealot? The time to kill on WP/DoKs is usually too high which is why you need to go after the other healers / target first.
I have another POV of this => this is not only a WP/DoK "fault"....
-if you focus WP/DoK => you are focussing a healer with higher armor and with aoe detaunt perma-up, but you are letting a ZE/RP/AM/Shaman (the supossed 2nd healer of the grp) free to ST heal that WP/DoK => these healers have more tools to keep bursted targets alive, also can heal without problems to others allies out of group.

-if you focus ZE/RP/AM/(Shaman) => these healers have lower armor and less survavility tools (only shaman can have some sort of perma aoe detaunt if use the tactic), also the WP/Dok of his grp dont have the right tools to keep bursted targets alive and really cant heal out of group.

I play mostly Dok and when play in a roaming grp with a zealot as second healer y really feel bad cause i cant keep him alive if get focused in situations where he can keep my dok alive...

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Post#82 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 am

Giving wp/dok the st heal that uses ap is what totally broke healing balance. Healing from two resource pools when healing was meant to be based on their mechanic.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#83 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Grimfang wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 am Giving wp/dok the st heal that uses ap is what totally broke healing balance. Healing from two resource pools when healing was meant to be based on their mechanic.
The AP heal has a 5 sec cd (not affected by cd reducers)...you think this is really game breaking??

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#84 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:09 pm The AP heal has a 5 sec cd (not affected by cd reducers)...you think this is really game breaking??
Of course. Having 2 ap pools to cast from and a good st heal on a class that was meant to be a frontline group healer.
Its a bug anyway. Mythic made that change when all the real devs had been canned. The heal was clearly meant to use mechanic points as thats, you know, the whole mechanic. They probably didnt even know anything about the class and though it used ap like the others.

Nekkma

Post#85 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Giving dok/wp arguably the best single target heal in the game was perhaps the most horrible class balance change in a long list of horrible class changes on live.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

saupreusse
Developer

Post#86 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 pm

As a wp main I dont like where this is going...

M0rw47h

Post#87 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:07 pm

saupreusse wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 pm As a wp main I dont like where this is going...
I do, hope they propose making Divine Mend require RF and have no CD :)

reistahlen

Post#88 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:08 pm

I think reducing heals is an excellent idea. This game has already too many active healer mains, it's good to give even less inventive to play one.

Oh I know: we should also increase the cooldown on Detaunt. THAT would quicken the fights, and the DPSes would be happy. Well, healers would be less happy, but screw them for playing a support class.

Ads
rulke32

Post#89 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:10 pm

Nekkma wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm Giving dok/wp arguably the best single target heal in the game was perhaps the most horrible class balance change in a long list of horrible class changes on live.

wachlarz

Post#90 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Aoe detaut that work 100% time its too op. Agree. Change tac. When sloted aoe detaut tac: time of detaut cut by half.