Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked(solo) is dead

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elemint

Re: Ranked(solo) is dead

Post#11 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:56 pm

doxifera wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:21 pm Strong statement.
When people don’t want to spend six months collecting a set that is weak by stat, this is of course the problem of people.
I agree that the ranked gearset is overpriced, but i don't agree that it's the reason for ranked solo dying. Consider how scenarios, which award gear that is pretty outdated, are constantly popping, while ranked solo, which rewards both scenario gear emblems, and ranked gear emblems, is at death's door. Simple truth is that people don't play this game for 6v6, no matter how much i wished they did. People like the idea of testing their skills against a worthy foe much much more than they like the reality of relying on their teammates and the exposing of their potential weakness.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 pm

I stopped to play ranked, when mmr went high enough to not even let me play 10 games a week, due to lack of pops.
Dying is no option.

Kaelang

Post#13 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:05 am

doxifera wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:21 pm
Elemint wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:16 pm It's a people problem, took me a long while to realize that. This game simply does not have a competitive playerbase
Strong statement.
When people don’t want to spend six months collecting a set that is weak by stat, this is of course the problem of people.
The people problem he states is aimed at people only wanting to do stuff for the shiny rewards at the end, as opposed to doing stuff because they enjoy it - and being rewarded afterwards.

Ranked was there to bring a competitive level to the game - people didn’t queue, they needed rewards - we bring rewards - they’re not strong enough so people don’t queue.

It’s not people wanting ranked, it’s people wanting gear. Ranked in every other game is an MMR / Ladder / epeen. The community here don’t touch it unless it’s full of ‘big loots’ - and even when it does have a good reward, people just chain queue, win or loss, and stop once they’re done.

And from a personal level - I love ranked, I love competitive. I think I have over 120 ranked games played since it’s release - yes it’s sad the queues aren’t popping, but that’s indicative of the WAR community.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Omegus

Post#14 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:14 am

I think the issue is that it's 6v6 team deathmatch which has always had a very niche audience both on live and ROR. A vocal one yes, but niche. It's even more competitive than cities with zero margin for error. It's a pure combat experience in what is primarily an objective based game and feels out of place because of it. Personally I was hoping for an MMR system to be added to normal scenarios :(. Have a pool of proven working scenarios (e.g. Nordenwatch, Gates of Ekrund) that it picks from randomly and uses MMR to find 2 balanced teams to fight it out.

Also, I don't think anyone actually understands how the MMR to set cost scaling works so the gear prices just seem random. For the people who would just grind through the mode for the gear (I'm one of them) not being able to work out how much investment it will actually take is even more of a turn-off. One good winning streak or bad losing streak could (I believe) change the gear prices dramatically.

It's all far too complicated for what is supposed to be the simplest of modes, i.e. just kill the enemy.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

M0rw47h

Post#15 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:38 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:05 am
Elemint wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:16 pm It's a people problem, took me a long while to realize that. This game simply does not have a competitive playerbase
Strong statement.
The people problem he states is aimed at people only wanting to do stuff for the shiny rewards at the end, as opposed to doing stuff because they enjoy it - and being rewarded afterwards.

Ranked was there to bring a competitive level to the game - people didn’t queue, they needed rewards - we bring rewards - they’re not strong enough so people don’t queue.

It’s not people wanting ranked, it’s people wanting gear. Ranked in every other game is an MMR / Ladder / epeen. The community here don’t touch it unless it’s full of ‘big loots’ - and even when it does have a good reward, people just chain queue, win or loss, and stop once they’re done.

And from a personal level - I love ranked, I love competitive. I think I have over 120 ranked games played since it’s release - yes it’s sad the queues aren’t popping, but that’s indicative of the WAR community.
I have played around 100, but waiting an hour to get a pop isn't something I can endure - so yes, we need better rewards to lure people in.

Martok

Post#16 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:56 am

doxifera wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:58 pmNow it is not possible to play even 5 matches in a week, there is simply no pop. On the topic of ranked solo, options for improvement were proposed immediately after its introduction, but no reaction was observed, as a result ranked solo gradually died.

Say it ain't so...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

lyncher12

Post#17 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:59 am

if the set was cheaper and ranked weapons come out im sure it would be better

desizt

Post#18 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:33 am

I don't think everyone plays ranked because of gear..... I personally play because it's literally the ONLY challenging thing to do in this game.

It's a shame that I can't even get 1 pop in 3 days and playing 12h+ per day...

Don't make ranked into some gear farming fest either, add incentive for people to actually try and win and climb the mmr....

Maybe the snitch mounts can also be ranked seasonal rewards?
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
ClemmonGrab

Post#19 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:33 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:05 am
Strong statement.

100% this. Hit the nail on the head. If enough of you guys actually want ranked, not just for gear as you claim, make ranked 2v2 and perhaps you guys will see more queues.

Zxul

Post#20 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:36 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:05 am The people problem he states is aimed at people only wanting to do stuff for the shiny rewards at the end, as opposed to doing stuff because they enjoy it - and being rewarded afterwards.

If it helps, I solo roam all the time- which in RoR is much less rewarding than ranked- and I wouldn't touch ranked with a 10 foot pole if I can avoid it.

Ranked (or premade scs in general) in RoR isn't aimed at competitive players- its aimed at players which make a meta toon which only works in specific team composition, and only know to spam 3-4 buttons. And to die very very fast when they aren't in a perfect 2/2/2 composition, since that actually takes knowledge how to play your class and how to overcome its weak sides. And of cause, to stroke their epeen on forums so much that you have to wonder how they don't get a permanent dmg.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh