Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Reservation too short?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Karnuss

Fort Reservation too short?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 am

I'm wondering if many other people have issues with the 5 minute reservation timer not being long enough. With the 5 minute timer you don't have enough time for a second attempt to run back to the Fort zone if you get ganked, except maybe BC for Destro or KV for Order. Even getting to Forts via city can time out if you lag on flight or portals or even just get stuck on terrain. Even 7 minutes would be plenty as it seems to often expire just as I an close to the Fort again.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Fort Reservation too short?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 am

Yeah i believe 10 minutes would be better. It might also be a fix to the problem that most ppl run to the forts before the zone is even taken just so they have enough time to enter.

Vayra

Post#3 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:13 am

I've never had an issue with it myself (even when I left the zone to go fight somewhere else), but I could see it being a problem if you get ganked on the way in, yes.

Maybe increase it by a few minutes for attackers, defenders should have more than enough time to recall to city, and run when they get a pop.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

catholicism198

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:30 am

They should add portals at bos for people with reservations.
There’s nothing worse than having to go take a BO on the opposite side of the map to lock the zone and getting gacked on the way back.

Jastojan

Post#5 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:11 am

catholicism198 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:30 am They should add portals at bos for people with reservations.
There’s nothing worse than having to go take a BO on the opposite side of the map to lock the zone and getting gacked on the way back.
I agree. Portals (at BOs or at WC) could be fine and solve the problem. It happened many times to me (ganked and then I lost reservation). If not portals there should be reservation reset for you if u die (ganked)at least - so you will get another 5 mins to get to fort.

TreefAM

Post#6 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:32 am

I enjoy ganking people on their way to the fort and making them lose reservations, should have traveled in groups instead of rushing the fort solo anyhow.

doxifera

Post#7 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Karnuss wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 am I'm wondering if many other people have issues with the 5 minute reservation timer not being long enough. With the 5 minute timer you don't have enough time for a second attempt to run back to the Fort zone if you get ganked, except maybe BC for Destro or KV for Order. Even getting to Forts via city can time out if you lag on flight or portals or even just get stuck on terrain. Even 7 minutes would be plenty as it seems to often expire just as I an close to the Fort again.
Yes, this is a problem.For example, in a Butcher’s pass, it’s just that you can’t get there in 5 minutes - after locking the zone, you need to get out of the battle, teleport to IC, run through the Maw, to the portal and from there to the gates of the fort, this was repeated several times and in 5 minutes it could not be done. It was necessary to postpone the start of the fort by 5 minutes and increase the reservation at that rate.

Karnuss

Post#8 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:42 am

TreefAM wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:32 am I enjoy ganking people on their way to the fort and making them lose reservations, should have traveled in groups instead of rushing the fort solo anyhow.
For sure, I think that's part of defending but a couple more minutes of reservation would allow for time to be smarter about getting there than just a mad dash. Not everyone gets to run in with the zerg as someone has to hold the Objectives on the other side of the map. And again sometimes terrain and lag can slow you down long enough that 5 minutes just won't cut it.

Ads
Karnuss

Post#9 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:43 am

doxifera wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:06 pm
Karnuss wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:17 am I'm wondering if many other people have issues with the 5 minute reservation timer not being long enough. With the 5 minute timer you don't have enough time for a second attempt to run back to the Fort zone if you get ganked, except maybe BC for Destro or KV for Order. Even getting to Forts via city can time out if you lag on flight or portals or even just get stuck on terrain. Even 7 minutes would be plenty as it seems to often expire just as I an close to the Fort again.
Yes, this is a problem.For example, in a Butcher’s pass, it’s just that you can’t get there in 5 minutes - after locking the zone, you need to get out of the battle, teleport to IC, run through the Maw, to the portal and from there to the gates of the fort, this was repeated several times and in 5 minutes it could not be done. It was necessary to postpone the start of the fort by 5 minutes and increase the reservation at that rate.
That's the main issue I have also.

empmoz

Post#10 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:25 am

You can make it to the fort in time if you fly to the city and run to the fort from there, it's safer than running through the lakes