Recent Topics

Ads

oRvR and Scenario

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TiberiusD

oRvR and Scenario

Post#1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 am

I know i will get a lot of hate and maybe my account terminated by typing this but these are my suggestions for the oRvR and Scenarios.

1. Renown - Make T1 available for maximum Career Rank 10 / Renown Rank 10 -> with this healers will get the Resurrection skills and Tanks will get the Guard Skills. They can easily train and work with those in T2-T4. I don't feel like getting out from T1 at 16 will make any difference than getting out at 10. I mean, those who want to guard / res people will do the same in both brackets. Not to mention that getting out at Career Rank 10 will bolster you even better for some levels and the population in the zones will be a bit bigger. Which will be good for battle. The more you have, the higher chances of you to do something.

2. Gear in oRvR - the current system in my opinion is crap and here is why. There is no actual progression between Keeps and Forts. I mean, a level 20 with green gear can easily get a spot in Fort. He knows that he cannot do anything so he is leeching. Him and many alike. Therefore AFK in forts, therefore complaining of pushing. If you will Restrict forts for only People with Vanquisher Wards (equip full vanquisher for ToK/title) you will have much more quality fights in city sieges because the population will drop. For newcomers, if they want to get into Fort, they must earn the way for it. By getting Vanquisher. Also for Cities, if you do not have the full Invader ToK Unlock from forts, you should not attend cities. With this we can easily get rid of people playing with blue/green gear, leech-mentality and we will have more quality fights.

3. Gear in Scenarios - Prevent people for queuing in Ranked if they do not have Full Oppressor ToK Unlock - I've seen people in Merc gear, which were crap - therefor loss in Ranked. In theory, if people will get oppressor - more time spent in scenarios, more practice, more awareness of situations and more solid play - therefor quality matchmaking after.

I know that this will cause some triggering, but at the moment it's advertised quantity over quality and in my opinion is bad. Look at ranked, look at sieges, look at cities. I know that some will leave but those who will remain, will be quality players.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: oRvR and Scenario

Post#2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:22 am

Sad to always see account termination as a possible fear for voicing an opinion. I agree with most things you said, would be nice if forts were not vanquisher locker and cities weren’t invader locked, and here’s why.

On my dok I don’t use vanq or invader I use onslaught and that is considered very good gear. I shouldn’t have to go grind a different set that I view was inferior just to progress.

Using that broad example I’m sure there are other classes with similar issues like tanks that go 2hand would much rather get oppressors than vanq and would rather grind pve to get blood lord than etc.

So content restrictions should go based on a ward system. Before wards got reworked into, “Equip Redeye to obtain.” They had different ways of achieving them like:

participate in 50 keep takes
Kill x boss 50 times
Get 5000 killing blows in pvp

And achieving any one of these things got you your ward. Or maybe all of them my memory is foggy.

Using the above information what if the lesser ward “Redeye” came from doing other things as well, like equipping a full set of conq/dom or killing the bosses of bb/be or crypts and tunnels 4times (full set)

“What’s this have to do with forts/city you pve nerd?”

Well what if “sent (greater) ward” was what was required to be able to do a fort. And the quota for getting it was completing any of the following:

-equip all Sent Armor
-equip vanq/oppressor set
-get x kills in orvr
-participate in x zone locks
-complete chapter 22 pqs of each pairing x times

Using that as an example you could derive something similar for bloodlord ward and relation to cities and gear sets on similar terms.

This system allows the game to be broken into “tiers” that expand past tier 4. Basically means that if you’re in an armor set of comparable value or have achieved something of comparable value to what is required for this content then you are allowed to do it participate in it.

Gives players more of a choice in how they play the game and what they do with their time rather than being forced to walk the same path of progression as everyone else.

Also I’ve been there and done that on all this stuff so it’s not for personal gain it’s just trying to figure out how to make the game better for newer players who still need to experience everything
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x