Recent Topics

Ads

Rework Squig Herder/Shadow Warrior ideas

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Rework Squig Herder/Shadow Warrior ideas

Post#1 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:19 am

Since a few weeks has passsed since the buff to rSW, it haven't been well received, please take note about these suggestions I give you, this may be a good solution for both careers, will improve both Single Target Range and AoE spec for SW and SH.
(there's only SH names but these very well be applied to SW too)

Oi Oi there! Kabusquig here with a new approach to the upcoming changes to Range Squig Herder. As someone mentioned that the Buffs for Squig Herder could be different, I write down this post to not have an exact mirror on Order side.

What I aim with this suggestions is to add an utility to a Warband/Group setup for the Range Squig Herder because right now the rSH is not being invited to city, rvr warbands, sc premades, only solo and roam with friends. Also make the RSH feel more unique and not make it an exact mirror, If you have some ideas too, feel free to share them, here are my suggestions:

(take in consideration that these are suggestions, not asking for all of these ideas to be implemented at 100% of what I say, just a bunch of ideas that Devs could grab a hold of and see what they can do)

If some of these could be implemented, it means that there would be less MeleeSquig Herder bouncing around and more shootin'!

Path of Big Shootin'

Tactic Aimin' Quickly: Plink and Poison Arrer now builds up 1 second faster. When you have no pets present, increases the range of these two abilities by 30ft.

Tactic Extra Poison Coating: Explodin' Arrer and Poison Arrer will now bypass all of your victims resistances, in addition, Poison Arrer will now remove 50 AP from the target.

Tactic Clever Shootin': All of your path of big shootin abilities cost 35% fewer action points and their critical chance will be increased by 5%

Ability Shrapnel Arrer: to it's current effect, add: increases build times on target by 25%.

Poison Arrer undefendable.

Finish 'em off: to it's current effect, add: If target is bellow 30% on contact, reduces enemy movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds. Deals elemental damage.

Increase base damage of Finish'em Off, What Blocka?, Choking Arrer and Behind Ya! to match Plink's damage.

Lots o' Arrers: allow this ability to continue to build up even if you move.

Path of Quick Shootin'

Tactic Shootin' wif da Wind: increase the range of all of Path of Quick Shootin abilities by 60% (from 50%). In addition, increases armor penetration of all Quick Shootin abilities by 10%.

Tactic Da Waaagh iz Strong: Yer Bleedin' will now remove 10 AP points from the enemy every second and will hit all enemies between 30feet from the target. (removes a total of 150 AP points by the whole duration of 15s)

Ability Yer Bleedin': increase base damage by 1.5 and deals Elemental damage.

Tactic Splinterin' Arrers: Run 'n Shoot will now damage all enemies within 30feet of your target (increase of 10feet) and no longer have a 30% damage reduction.

Ability Run Away!: Move this ability to core ability, will no longer requires an active pet. Will still increase movement speed by 30% for 10s. In addition will increase Dodge and Disrupt by 7% for the whole duration.

Ability Behind Ya!: Move it from 13pt down to 5pt.

Create new ability "Mushroom toss" 13 mastery point: Throws a mushroom to the spot that you select, it will explode at landing and will deal X amount of damage to all enemies between 40feet of that spot, reducing their movement speed by 25% and will increase enemies building times by 30% for 5s. This ability could have a 10s to 15s cooldown.

Core abilities

Create new ability called "Hide in a 'ole": The Squig Herder digs a hole in the ground and hides in there for up to 1 minute, unable to cast any ability. If the Squig moves or gets punted, it leaves the hole. He can receive damage only from AoE. Can't be used in Squig Armor. 2 minutes cooldown. Cast time of 10 seconds. Could give this same ability to Shadow Warrior, something called like "Hide in the shadows".

Create new ability "Don't step on da shroom": The Squig places an invisible mushroom on the ground that last for 1 minute, the mushroom will explode if an enemy gets too close. Damaging all enemies between 20feet of the explosion, dealing 780 elemental damage over 5 seconds and reducing their movement speed by 40%. Could also add this one to Shadow Warrior, somehow as a trap.

Squig Frenzy: reduce it cooldown from 3 minutes to 1 minute.

Move Morale 3 Squigbeast to M1.

Tastes like Chicken: You eat your squig, gaining 750 HP instantly.

Increases squig pets HP by 50% and overall fix them.

Farty Squig: if Horned Squig is active at the moment, increases damage from 419 to 619 and slows enemies by 25%
Last edited by adapter on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:41 am, edited 29 times in total.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
kottonai

Re: Rework suggestions for Ranged Squig Herder

Post#2 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:17 am

this looks alright

desizt

Re: Rework Squig Herder ideas

Post#3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:49 am

Seems a bit op.

As I love the skirmisher tree on SW and Quick shootin on SH, I'd really hate to see the "turret spec" getting all the love again and the kiting, 1vX solo roam skirmisher spec being overlooked or made into some subpar aoe trash
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

mytreds

Post#4 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 am

desizt wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:49 am Seems a bit op.
It’s a pipe dream.

adapter
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:08 am

mytreds wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:00 am
It’s a pipe dream.
a git can dream

Cyrinael

Post#6 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:13 am

The fear of missing out is strong in this git.

You suggested within 5 days basically the same changes twice (original thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39050) with the initial claim to make the rSW equal to rSH since they are mirror classes. After the devs told ya that their intent is to make (mirror) classes unique instead of equal, you now present the same suggestions claiming that they will make them unique...

Nevertheless, regarding your changes in detail I miss some basic argumentation why exactly these changes are necessary. You claim, that it will
add an utility to a Warband setup
, but most proposed changes are just damage increases. I guess your understanding of utility must differ from mine.

adapter
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 am

Cyrinael wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:13 am
Nevertheless, regarding your changes in detail I miss some basic argumentation why exactly these changes are necessary. You claim, that it will
add an utility to a Warband setup
, but most proposed changes are just damage increases. I guess your understanding of utility must differ from mine.
Please read Path of Quick Shootin changes I propose. Those ones would be meant for AoE utility (AP drain, increase building times and slows)

And of course, I would like for the rSH to be better and more fun to play. Adding a different rework as to rSW got. Instead of Morale drain, make it AP drain, instead of stacking x3 bleeds, make squig bleed elemental damage. Instead of adding a range knockdown, add a single target movement debuff, and so on, there are many suggestions.

Cyrinael

Post#8 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am

Please read Path of Quick Shootin changes I propose. Those ones would be meant for AoE utility (AP drain, increase building times and slows)
As far as I can see you proposed roughly 22 changes, only 2 of which address warband utility, while using it to argue all of your changes. This is why your argumentation is so upsetting, because you basically propose flat damage increases to rSH and add 2 utility changes to market everything as utility changes. You even argue all of your damage increases with
I would like for the rSH to be better and more fun to play
, which is such a ridiculous argumentation for any class changes. I mean, I would also like my KOTBS to have all auras running at the same time and to oneshot Choppas, since that would be better and more fun to play. Such suggestions without clear argumentation why they are needed are just meaningless and a waste of time tbh.

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Cyrinael wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am
I mean, I would also like my KOTBS to have all auras running at the same time and to oneshot Choppas, since that would be better and more fun to play. Such suggestions without clear argumentation why they are needed are just meaningless and a waste of time tbh.
So you just come here to throw shade.

What more argumentation would be needed besides that rSH is not used by any meta group/warband, add to that now SW is way stronger. Dude, it's a game, not like we are implementing some sort of change in the law. So far as I know, anyone can suggest ideas to try rework something, since nobody else is doing it regarding the Ranged Squig Herder, I'm doing it, someone has to. So if you come here to just throw shade at Squig Herder, well, what can I say. Would be nice if you can come out with some rework idea instead.

Lithenir

Post#10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Sounds like a completely broken mSH isn't enough for you, you also want to badly overpower rSH....
Sorry but your suggestions are completly missing the balacing aspect