Recent Topics

Ads

Rework Squig Herder/Shadow Warrior ideas

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Re: Rework Squig Herder ideas

Post#21 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:44 pm

adapter wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:37 pm
Spoiler:
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:24 pm
adapter wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Thereporter, you play a DPS Shaman, rSH buffes will only benefits you. But anyway, you are here throwing shade because you got kicked out from the guild for being rude, get over it.
First of all no one kicked me out of the guild I left it by myself.
2nd of all, I have pictures of who was rude to whom, so don't embarrass yourself please :)
3rd of all, I'm just asking you reasonable question no need to get so excited, quoting you "It's not like if Devs were going to read my post and implement 100% of what I suggest"
my question to you is, if you want a balance why not suggest something normal & reasonable? that's all I asked brah.

I'm a sincere person for example, if I ask for a certain balance I will make sure it's balanced (because as a *Sincere* person I don't even want to play something that is broken&ez), and not something OP & Broken for ez game & play.

I understand you're not a mature person, that is fine. But If you make a balanced post and actually want to help the dev team and the game or even just yourself, at least make a useful & logical post. This is a free project, there is no me me meme I I I I you understand? You see I'm not the only one talking against you, because you make zero valid arguments, This is literally your argument and I quote: "I would like for the rSH to be better and more fun to play"

I would like for dps shaman to have full non cooldown aoe obviously for warband play, no healing deduction whatsoever, on this note please remove slow from healing tree, and overall just buff me more because you know, I would like and I quote "to better and more fun to play". yeah I'm not a saint if this actually happens I would like thanks guys yeah? but overall my class is fine, I'm more single target dps I have little aoe, I would probably only remove healing deduction from touch of gork, but that's it basically, even the other day I placed #2 dps in city and not from destro but from the entire scenario and yeah I was 30k from 1st ;)

I really suggest you to actually think about how you can buff your class in a normal way, or let the devs do the job and you can leave a *proper* feedback.
That's a lot of personal issues right there to unfold.
K
Last edited by thedonkeykong332 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
kottonai

Post#22 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:37 pm

it's incredible the amount of order players that comes here to try derail this post, you already got the buffs for melee and range shadow warrior, let the range squig herder have his moment to shine too.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#23 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:25 am

Okay mate, Whatever you say.

The only thing you want is to have buff buff buff and no nerf nerf nerf, when you put something up something needs to go down for balance.
but cry babies don't understand this.

I think you're just an idiot kid that gets triggered from non offensive jokes :)

Peace.
Last edited by thedonkeykong332 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blackhole

Post#24 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:18 am

HI

My main on live was a mara 40/80. At that time i realy hated playing a sh, any kind of trees. I just could not hack the play style i recon. So when i started playing this game again, not to long ago. I naturaly made all my alts thats needed to play this game efectivly. I focus on 2 toons now, witch i decided was gonna be the least favorit classes to play in game, taken out from chat mentions while sorting out my alt's and crafts. Those two classes at the time were WE and SH. A bit confused about the We bit, cause i remeberd it was an awesome class to play on live, and managed to pull me we up to 40/68 on live. So was more than happy to choose that class as one of my focus clases to begin with. Who would'nt have a we in their armory anyway.
Now also no suprise to me then was the Sh, had a bad rep on the server on live, and still a bad rep here. So kinda knew this was to be one of my first focus classes.

Now that beeing said, i do enjoy my we alot as i always have, and for a long time i thought i would't be able to let my sh surpass my we, witch is now at 35/47. But that little green blob of gore and theef's can no longer be ignored as it is the most fun i have had when playing this game. I try to play him as much as i can when i log on the game, and i can defenetly call my rSh my main toon. He is now lvl 38.5/51, with almost same amount of points into big shootin, and quick shootin.
I put in that .5 cause i desperatly trying to hold back my xp as much as i can, cause i want to go into top tier with atleast my conqueror sc'n weapons in hand. And they cost 400 pr piece, and given that i only get those by actualy winning scn's not from kills while in a sc'n, it's a hard ask. (blasted double xp event, but yay the double rr) a weapon cost's 400, so i need to win 100 scn's just to get one piece. I know i get 6 from another sc'n but those are just filled up with order's premade standard 4 wp heal/tank bots, used to be 4-6 bw's, now ther's 4-6 sw's, 1 or 2 rp's, a couple of tanks, 2-4 am's and 2 slayers, or other random aoe dps, that's just an almoste imposible setup comming in with a group of pugs, and maybe a group of premade. So i tend to avoid queing those scn's. ( If any Devs are reading this. It's this is a huge tip of how wrongly buffed the sw are now, if order now are switching their moste known top DPS toon the BWm, witch it always have been since live, to rerolling it a SW. ) Even not facing that steam train of premades in scn's destro loose alot of scn's for various reasons, they just there to feed rr to order as an "xrealm" thing, they just dont know how the scn's work, or dont care, they might be happy with the xp they get and try to lvl up to 40 asap, and running faster and more scn's will do that. Or you might be unlycky and get a permade 2nd party witch mostly dont pay attention to the other party there and just do their thing, as a group (fair enough)

Back to the rSh. I havent reached lvl 40 with my first toon, so i honestly cant say much on how the sh does in that uper tier yet. But in my opinion so far is that the sh does realy well. This morning eu time, i did my best sc'n run got in 20 db's and did 167k dmg. Only died once, witch was just a sacrifying my self to stop the flag runner in the phoenix gate sc'n. My contitions were was to say the least perfect, i had for one thing a couple of healers that didn't ignore their little green rdps. keept him alive and alowed me to be able to push past a tank, melting the other and got me closer in range to hunt their soft dps, and healers. One of the moste challenges so far playing, are that many players, view the rSh as an inferior dps class,and wont heal this class thinking it will die in mather of secons anyway, so why waste ap on them. Hence it wont be alowd to shine as this class can realy do. In scn's were i dont get any heals i only mange to dish out 30-40k and maybe get 0-3 db's ( not beeing guilded, and running premades it might not be as bad as i think.) but i still reach high on the scoreboard compaird to others not getting healing. When reciveing low-med heals i normaly at 80l-110k with 5-11 db's i do loose alot of db's cause many tanks and aoe dps, manage to slip in at the last sec and help out, specialy when i'm focusing their heals, then i need the help aswell. And aperently when i get high-max heals i can reach 167k dmg and 20 db's and probaly more if the sc'n lastet longer. And once again i havent reached lvl 40 yet, so that why thers alot of weird results in that mid tier scn's. When i dont mess up my rotation i can probaly kill, and manage to adapt the rotation on the combat variables in a fight i can probaly kill moste of the classes i'm facing, som even beeing heald when i do it, and then kill the healer right after that ( i consider my self to fair-good player, and there's alot of others that will outskill me in 1v1) Only reason i manage on those ocations to do just that, are due to the hyvrid path i'm taking, and choosen the tactics that feel right to me and my playstyle, and ofc that the rotation goes flawless.
Now it goes with out saying that the rSh has a lot of skills it needs to use to realy shine, and it's probably a more difficult class to play than a standard one or two vutton aoe spam dps bot class. Had i started out with a simpler class like that, i would probaly not ended up playing a Sh at all. Probably the reason why i dint like it on live.
And thats why one should not be so quick to buff a class, just because the player cant figure out the classe's perks and silver lining. Or starts skreaming buff this class pls. Or players that yells nerf that class,whenever they feel they beeing gankt to much from that specific class. (like i feel it's the case with the SW) My experience so far if you do make your self an easy kill, others will speacily target you every time they come across you cause you are their easy and fast way to RR, that simple. Been killed alot they will remember your name, and seek you out in every battle they se you in. (you all know thers alot of this kind of player in the game )

And there's this thing on every class you play order/destro, dps/heal, good/bad players. And that's something called basic stats. I se alot of players running around as glass cannons, pooring all that they can into their main stat, and just ignoring balancing out their stats more wisely, and thinking tath higher tier'd gear will automaticly balance it out for them, yes they will do that to a sertain point. But in an mmo like this, figuring out the balance and optimize their stats to their playstyles are what takes a good player to a even better one, or might say becomes one of the better players. (ssshhhh... dont tell any one, but that's a myth, stats dont mather at all )
I have played around with my stats optimizing, testing out whats better for myself, i'm far from done doing it as it cost alot of gold/emblems/medalions to figure it out. Invader and royals dont grow on trees in this game, atleast not for me. So i recon many just goes mainstream specs, on that kinda gear at first buy, failng at this point will make you suffer alot, until you managed to farm up new crests, and talismans.. even more gold. missing on that gear makes it even harder cause you wont be doing your best in many ways, so i get it that one will try and do it as safe as possible. others have found ways to optimizing the crest harvest. (those enoying zone tosses ) players thats hindring keep takes by playing them in the doorways so one cant push through and buys time for oposing fraction to bolster their players in that zone, buying defending keep enough time to rez up, even switching to other fraction to help the defence and push offencive back, just to have miss guided many players into becoming just an rr farm setup.

I know peep's are feeling that the Sh should get a buff asap, now that the sw become so op, i know that the sw could need a little bumb, but if the SW were just like it was on live, i know this buff is unjust as it's a very good class to play( i got mine to 40/53 before server kill), and it works very much like the rSh in the ways it needs to balance their skill,tac's, stats ( i'm shure stats dont have anything to with anything )maybe placement of your self in the battle has something to do with it to.... maybe.
But making these two clases into major aoe 3 buttons press trains and better than those glass cannons bw's, and sorcs are at dishing out aoe bombs are not a sulution to anyone but those that cant hack their playstyle. Some classes are realy easy to play, and some are more difficult, as it should be.

I agree upon that the sw need a little bumb from when i was playing it on live. But at this moment they should be rolled back, and be given just that small bumb it needs. Not compleatly break it and break the game flow, small adjustments over time only. Changing one class to much, will probalby just lead to big gaps in all the other classes. I cant coment on what exactly nneds to be buffed, as i cant remember what was wrong on live. Only play destro now, but have created a few order witch arent played with, just for kicks.

I'm suggesting it should be done the same to the rSh, but the first thing that comes to mind are the range, it's way inferior than all of the other classes, a sh must first make a hole in the tank wall, then run through it just to target the orders ranged back line, while orders rdps, can safely stand way behinf their tank wall and kill you before even you get into range with them. Pointing out that the engi have an insane range, due to it's tower placements, and hinding way back behind the tower,. So maybe they should get a bumb to armor stats aswell. In keep siges, i must stand almost in range of oil dps just to target it, doorway fights i get killed by orders rdps before i can target anyone inside thats not a part of the tank wall and melee dps that behind them, even standing just out of reach of those aoe melee dps bheind the tanks to target them i get waked by rpds from the back of the room. on wall fights i must stand so close to the wall to even get a target on it, while moste of those on the wall get a target on me before i get into reach of them.
But the main range increase should be mostly for skill within the big shootin tree, and small one in quick shootin, or skip it all together. as this tree are for another purpose and fighting style.

For melee squig, i have no coment, havent tryed out that tree, but plan to roll a new Sh just for that purpose. And from 40 in scn's i cant coment much. Same goes for lvl 40's as i havent come that far yet.

As for abilitys suggesting:

chocking arrer increases it's duration with 1 sec
Lots o arres get a sec less on cooldown

and that's it realy.

A quick coment on something that was suggested when your squig dies. I dont se the point in an increasd range for when that happens for two reasons, first thers a tactic that will increase your dmg by 25% if your without a squigg, second thers a tactic that wil give your pets a 0 cooldown time.

Se you soon on the battlefield so we can be redjected city wb's together, or just rally all the redjected sh's around and make a wb of only sh's and take the city by in the name of power of the squigs and their sh's... or maby it's not as bad as first clamed. dont think i ever gotten kicked out of a wb yet, just for beeing a sh..

Remember this is just my opinion, on how i se the game atm. somethings cant be unshanged, but other things can. and i might be just be an idiot that dont have a clue. Thats up to you who botherd reading this. Those of you that botherd reading all of it.. respect :)

Lithenir

Post#25 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:58 am

WL is broken.... Good one.
Anyway as I saw in adapters other ridiculous rSH post and as I see here there is no reason to argue with him since he can't take criticism.

I understand the reason behind it. Since it is fun to play a rSH as long as you know what you are doing and what you are made for. Sadly most people don't know what there class is made for and what to have everything the way they want. Like kids who can't have a lollipop but want it so badly...

adapter
Suspended

Re: Rework Squig Herder/Shadow Warrior ideas

Post#26 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:40 am

Been talking to SquigHerders and we seem worried about the upcoming changes, hope they get it right.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Lithenir

Post#27 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:40 am Been talking to SquigHerders and we seem worried about the upcoming changes, hope they get it right.
Yeah. Hope mSH gets finally nerfed :P

NSKaneda

Post#28 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:39 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:40 am Been talking to SquigHerders and we seem worried about the upcoming changes, hope they get it right.

I'm v e r y worried that upcoming changes will destroy rSH quick shooting tree and I honestly think that the only change required is What Blocka? made into percentage armour debuff, maybe with an option to be castable on the move - rest of the skills as well as builds performance is based on gear worn (AKA Mythic way of balancing).

I've already written down my thoughts and insights in this topic so instead of copying it I'll just link it for those interested.

-
-
Lithenir wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:35 pm
Yeah. Hope mSH gets finally nerfed :P
In the same patch as WL nerf ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads