Recent Topics

Ads

Ch22 Reward System Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vetaxz

Ch22 Reward System Suggestions

Post#1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 pm

After multiple completions, I have suggestions for alternatives to the Ch22 and possibly future PQs. As the Ch22 PQs currently stand, the fights are buggy, anything from non-targetable adds to permanent inability to use abilities, and the contribution system's reward system is rather frustrating - placing near top and getting a blue bag, or sometimes even nothing. The gear sets are best in slot for some; however, not every class wants the gear sets, which are just running to help other people receive their items and/or taking talismans as an incentive. That being said, here is/are my suggestion(s).

Make Ch22 hard zones a Ch23 layout. With that, make a new influence system. Ch22 - Hard is rewarding level 37 gear through influence; however, with the current state, people are likely not gearing up, or using, level 37s for this and the gear from the Ch22 influence meter is rather meaningless. As a separate system, the Ch22, which would be now normal and easy, would award appropriate gear for the difficulty. With Ch23 the influence system could reward: First tier liniments, Second tier talismans, and Third Tier a respective piece of the gear set; i.e., Reik Ch23 would have Shoulders, KV Ch23 would have Chest, Eataine Ch23 would have helmet, and all 3 chapters would share the hands and feet as a gold/purple bag reward as they do now as well as their respective PQ piece. The catch would be that each Ch 23 would require 3-5 completions in order to be able to achieve the completed influence meter. This allows an extra way to achieve the more difficult pieces.

Another alternative would be to create a quest, much like dungeons. After completing the respective zone Ch22 so many times you would be guaranteed to get the piece desired, each zone rewarding a respective piece.

My last suggestion would be to add them to their own armor merchant and allow them to be bought with the newly implement Officer's coin or a newly designed currency. The issue with using Officer's coin is that people could easily endlessly farmer easier PQs for gear that should be a tad bit more difficult to acquire; thus, leaving the idea for a newly added currency greater than Officer's coin.

Ads
Omegus

Re: Ch22 Reward System Suggestions

Post#2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Outside of the bugs (which your suggestion doesn't cover), pretty much all of the other problems are solved by having the people who don't need Onslaught gear to just opt out of gold bags*. This feature actally works and is a very easy way of gearing up Sorcs/BW/etc in the warband and you gear them up a hell of a lot quicker than having to do 3-5 runs per PQ.

I don't know how easy it is to add new influence tracks (I think some of this is hard-coded to the client?) but if the devs were to make it more reliable then the simpler option would be to do the quest / coin system.

Personally I far prefer getting people to help each other and pass on gold bags. It's a much nicer feeling than everyone being in it for themselves.

* and yes guild/alliance wbs do this. even random /5 ones I've joined do this too.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Brickson

Post#3 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:51 pm

I don't the system is that bad. Opting out of gold bags usually works. But especially the pq in bc could use some bugfixing.

A more general change that I would be happy about would be changing the whole loot system in a way that you won't get set pieces that you've already unlocked out of a bag again until you unlocked the whole set. So many times I've been excited to get a gold bag just to pull out a set piece that I've already got several times. I'm now saving the medallions on my characters until I've got enough to buy the whole set at once. That way I can at least avoid the disappointment of drawing something I already bought ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Senlui

Post#4 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:27 pm

Perhaps a similar system to the Ruin reward would work well?