Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Glass Arrow

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
anarchypark

[SW] Glass Arrow

Post#1 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm

tooltip says 'abilities' but It proc on auto attacks too.
Rapid fire is most extreme case. proc on every attacks.
such proc is only in morales and slayer/choppa proc mechanic. and bw mastery.
they pay for it, have chance to be failure in wrong use.

but this...
15 AP is not noticeable. too small payment in short burst situation.
dmg is mitigated but tooltip 300 dmg 100% proc is too much.

I suggest dmg gets lower and AP goes up. proc on abilities only, AP burn on every proc.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Rahum

Re: [SW] Glass Arrow

Post#2 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:13 pm

anarchypark - Чё пукан рвёт?
Учи матчасть а не бомби тут, там каждый тик стоит 40 од.
Учи русский чтобы понять это, я вот английский знаю.
Rahum-SW80+
Benzine-BW80+
Buffhead-WP80+
Thiswaip-KotBS80+
Shiniobi-SH79+

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#3 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:58 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm tooltip says 'abilities' but It proc on auto attacks too.
Rapid fire is most extreme case. proc on every attacks.
such proc is only in morales and slayer/choppa proc mechanic. and bw mastery.
they pay for it, have chance to be failure in wrong use.

but this...

I suggest dmg gets lower and AP goes up. proc on abilities only, AP burn on every proc.
Glass arrow is the onlychange feels like an improvement with the recent changes on SW. Change it and you would have SW ironically nerfed. The changes feel more like a nerf already anyway...
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

jvlosky

Post#4 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Meh at this point I just want all the changes reverted back or just nerf SW into the ground. So tired of all the destro complaining about a class that was irrelevant and blown into obscurity finally getting some attention and maybe being viable.

Whatever, the Karens have beaten me.

Everyone knows Order having the same amount of viable classes for end game city and oRVR as Destro is unfair to Destro /s.
Last edited by jvlosky on Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agemennon675

Post#5 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Yeah class was in bad shape and even than SW had to trade off alot of things to get said buffs, it already feels like a nerf to RSW and people still complaining about it is even funnier. I will wait until the SW changes finalise than re-roll a strong class instead
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Winterwacht

Post#6 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:51 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:43 pm but this...

310 dmg pre mitigation if you put ALL your points into Scout and the dmg does not scale with Ballistic at all - a tiny bit with weapon skill only
It also doesn't crit or go off on DoT's
I can see it being good with rapid fire but the ap investment for that kind of dmg just isn't worth it if it drains ap for every proc, even auto attacks.
That barrage cd probably should be increased tho imo

Caduceus

Post#7 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:25 pm

I'm noticing people are saying the recent changes to SW are a nerf.

That is complete and utter nonsense.

I play ranged SW at rr70-something and put a fair bit of effort in learning to play the class while it was unbuffed. The only change that I liked was the change to Guerilla Warfare. The rest of the changes seemed like trying to hit a mosquito with a cannon. Ranged SW was, in many ways, quite balanced pre-buff. The problem is that it required a fair bit of knowledge of one's own and other classes to be strong, in other words, the class was quite skill-intensive, hence all the moaning by bad players (there, I said it). The place where it did notably lack a role was in organized 24-man formats. (in ranked 6v6 it suffers from the same issues the other ranged dps classes suffer from).

The changes that were made have seemed to given SW a role in 24-man format (like city) by force, through raw damage. This is by far the worst solution that could've been picked and messed up their balance in all the other formats RoR is played in. A much better solution would have been to turn ranged SW into a buffer/debuffer, the tools for which are already present in a few mediocre talents like "Leading Shots".
But what's done is done, I guess. These changes are here now and while I'm assuming they will be tweaked, this seems to be the 'philosophy' the devs have gone for.

Just don't let any of the bad SWs out there convince you that SW isn't very powerful right now or that these buffs somehow were not effective.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Marawo

Post#8 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:29 pm

The ap cost isn't a huge hurdle if you use ap pots/your ap regen ability or just refrain from permaspamming abilities and attack in waves (or just have someone in grp provide a ap regen buff like any good grp setup should) it's manageable.
The proc damage is mostly fine, except in combination with rapid fire, rapidfire+6x procs is simply too strong.

Imo best way to fix it is to reduce the amount of glass arrow procs rapidfire provides to 2 instead of 6 (in line with trial by pain and their bullet proc).
Don't make it any ICD or something that will affect the aoe build just rapid fire.
After that we can observe the changes some more and adjust it further if needed.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:59 pm

are you aware that GA change will be applied to SH, right ?
I don't think order squish backlines will survive this, specially AM. even worse with sorc/magus focus combo.

I guess we have to wait all the order 2h dps tanks get shot down to realize it.
you're next victim of this OP skill.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tankbeardz

Post#10 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:25 pm I'm noticing people are saying the recent changes to SW are a nerf.

That is complete and utter nonsense.
Other than Glass Arrow...it's definitely a nerf to rSW. If you can't see that, you still don't understand the class.