Recent Topics

Ads

tanks more tankys ??

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Krulgu

tanks more tankys ??

Post#1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:25 pm

if you are bored to see 75% of tanks with 2 hands wepons , just need 2 things:
- down parry buffs/stance
- up block buffs /stance

how many have one skill upping parry +25% and how have a skill with +10% block ?? That's not mean upp block to 100% is an insane idea, BUT, if two handed tanks are less survivabilty perhaps we can see return of real tank roles, not 2 handed tanks tanking better than shield

that's mean don't down 2 handed tank dps just lower survivabilty, if you choice DPS, right, BUT, your are more squishy than a shield tank. For now 2 handed tank more AND dps more than shield tank, why choose a shield ?? hold the line ??? survivability and 0 dps ???

if you chosse a shield you choose have no dps, if you choose 2 hands, you choose damage at price of survivability, it's a choice, not one is superior at other juste your playstyle, but for now .... playing 2 handed tank is more tanky and dps than shield tank.

Ads
Runiz

Re: tanks more tankys ??

Post#2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:32 pm

In what world is 2h tanks tankier than a snb tank? It kind of seems like you saw a well geared 2h tank once and based your entire argument around that.
Last edited by Runiz on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporrk

Order: SL/IB/Engi
Destro: Chop/Mara/Chos/BO

StrongUn

Post#3 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:34 pm

People plays 2h tanks cos playing a SnB tank as an aura/HTL bot is boring AF

Noslock

Post#4 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:36 pm

No tank with a brain (except maybe bg and sm and on very limited spot inside a wb) will run 2h for wb rvr.2h is for small scale/sc/and can work for city but outside of that no tx.If you see a 2h in a wb in rvr that tank is just a cannon fodder that will easily melt on first bomb but you cant expect proper composition and people who actually know how to play inside a pug wb.

mytreds

Post#5 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Parry only applies to block melee attacks. If you max parry but don’t pay attention to dodge/disrupt, rdps will eat you up quick

Krulgu

Post#6 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:23 am

is excatly what i will mean, 2 hands tanks are good on :
-small group
-scenario
-city
they are less good in:
-open rvr

why?? in non occasion 2 handed tank can be better in tanking than shield one.
yes parry is only for méllée attack, right but with renow point you can have +18% parry where you can have only +10% block, you can have +18% disrupt too.

is more easy with renown and skill to have 80 - 90% parry and 70 - 80% disrupt than 50% block
why not balance that with renown at +15% block and + 10/15% parry ?? same for skills how many skills give +25% parry?? and how many give +10% block ??

Somes skills give +50% block, BUT you are snare 60% and can't made something else, where the 2 handed tank can have 90% parry,hold all is mobility and skills up.Once more a tank with with 112% block is stupid, so made one hard cap to 90% ?? Just up the block without this skills to 50% just for give shielded tank more mobility, utility and a better tank role, they can't deal many dps in 1 hand shield,so made them a real fortress on battlefield, one thing can be killed with a bit more time than now.

Noslock

Post#7 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:56 am

If you go 2h its obvious that you cant be as tanky as a s/b tank.If you go 2h is just to provide ur group with a small damage boost (not so small if you have gear and right class) in situation where even if you are less tanky its not a big deal .And 80 90% parry depends on class and sure comes with some tactic investments or wall of darting steel if you r a sm and then u cant do anything else like cant hit me for bo on s/b.Tanks are totally fine as they are

jbrutal

Post#8 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:02 am

i made a destro melee alt thinking i would be guarded since there's so many destro tanks boy was i wrong about 60% are 2h that dont guard

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:56 am

jbrutal wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:02 am i made a destro melee alt thinking i would be guarded since there's so many destro tanks boy was i wrong about 60% are 2h that dont guard
That's a player related issues not a 2h tank related issues.

Krulgu

Post#10 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:23 am

you can't be tanky than shield ?? just look stats : max 90% parry max 35% block.You are MORE tanky than shield, dirupt and dodge can be for both, but for méllée attack you are MORE tanky than shield,

2hander deal decent damage, that's fine, and normal thing, but have more tanky stats than a shield ... no they doesn't not have this.

depend tactics of course !! but where are tactics giving you + 15% block or skills giving +25% block like parry ?? And wall of darting stell is ... how say that ??..... one abberation where the BO have i fell nuffin giving +50 % block, wall giving +50% parry , dodge, disrupt, on paper that's look same,but no !! renown giving +10% block but they give 18% parry disrupt, dodge.Where BO can up at 85% block, SM can up 95% parry .... in actual footage your are better tank in 2 hands and is not normal thing.