Recent Topics

Ads

Twisted Tower Feedback & Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
IAko

Twisted Tower Feedback & Suggestion

Post#1 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:58 am

Feedback: In the situation where 1 team has both BO's but cannot cap top the game becomes stale and boring, defending team can only progress with 2 points per kill and attacking team gets drained to 0, game lasts 15 minutes often with final score something like 200:0 meaning both sides get low reward, even lower when you consider reward/time.

Suggestion: once the team that has both BO's locked reaches 0 points the attacking team starts gaining points for continued defence (3, 5 or 10 per tic sounds reasonable,could ramp up per minute?)

2nd suggestion: team losing with 0 gets a minimum renown reward (1-2k?), I've not been on the receiving end of this so far but seen the opposition be rewarded 30 renown for a 500:0, not a fun use of their game time. Note: 500:0 was more when the points loss was bugged and only happening when order had both BO's locked, introduction of above mechanic though would make 500:0 scores more likely.

Ads
SuperStar

Re: Twisted Tower Feedback & Suggestion

Post#2 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:17 am

I like the idea . But I think it's more important to tell the guyz who doentt read forum and absolutely no clue about this sc.

We should have an ingame description. IMO

Kaelang

Post#3 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 am

Players realistically should be able to push to the top once both BO's are held. There's a 30 second window, and after that they're locked. Send people rushing to top ready to proc it for 250 additional points.

Haven't seen any 15 minute games.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

SuperStar

Post#4 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:52 am

Yep but I think we need an ingame description.

Detangler

Post#5 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Just add ability to ride mounts and this scenario would be so much better. Having to run for two minutes to go from bottom to top only to miss the fight is only so much fun...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tillbeast

Post#6 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:29 pm

As detangler says mounts would help but even that won't stop it being the most awful scenario ever, especially for rdps as its so mdps freindly.

Martok

Post#7 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 amHaven't seen any 15 minute games.

I was in one last night, but given the protracted fighting which occurred it was actually a lot of fun. However you are correct in that extended TT SC's are the exception as opposed to the norm.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Kaelang

Post#8 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Something we can look at more than likely.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Xico

Post#9 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:16 pm

its too easy to make your enemy team go down to 0 points from 450 by just holding top floor, done it several times now and its easy-mode / cheesy win method and I feel like I am exploiting by doing it because its so fast, Id recommend having it work like a Khaines Embrace or Logrins Forge, if u cap both bottom Objectives, an explosion goes off in 30seconds, but if u get the top one after capping those 2 before the 30 seconds, u get a bigger point bonus. To lose points for trying to play the objective just makes me want to sit up top and farm kills since that's the only guarantee way to win ATM.
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula

Krokar

Post#10 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:40 am Players realistically should be able to push to the top once both BO's are held. There's a 30 second window, and after that they're locked. Send people rushing to top ready to proc it for 250 additional points.

Haven't seen any 15 minute games.
I was in one last night. Unfortunately Order were able to have their 3(4?) engi's set up turrets that were shooting people through the invisible wall as soon as they took the teleporter to the top, so some people were getting there at half health already, which left us with no choice but to try and organise people to charge up the ramp. Which took quite a long time and we'd already reached 0 points so people had given up by then.