Recent Topics

Ads

How to change the meta with one ability

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
velenne

How to change the meta with one ability

Post#1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:26 am

Suggestion:
Condemn/Desecrate: A core ability (or even tactic?) for WH/WE's that allow them to remove a corpse from the battlefield before it can be resurrected.

If an ability, you would need to select the corpse and cast it, so it's on you as a player to work it into your rotations and use strategically. If a tactic, you would apply it to any corpse you actually kill (though we all know WH/WE's don't get very many killing blows given their rubbish damage and hilarious squishiness).

There's benefits and drawbacks to both. Having it be automatic would be nice, but you don't always get kb's. If it's an ability you use on a corpse, you have a lot more flexibility in who you cast it on and when, but it means unselecting an active target in order to do so.

I think this one change would make WH/WE's welcome in any PvP setting, and really mix up the current strategies.

Ads
blasras

Re: How to change the meta with one ability

Post#2 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:55 pm

Woa I honestly think this has potential for something, either from a debuff that prevents resurrection when the target dies with it, to an actual corpse removing cooldown. But I'm afraid it might change core mechanics of the game too much just to validate the existence of this two classes in a larger picture.

Still cool suggestion though, would be nice to have it tested in some controled environment for fun, and see if it breaks the game too much.

Foofmonger

Post#3 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:07 pm

I do like this and it's a cool idea. It doesn't "have" to work in that exact way, but the goal is to give the WE/WH something to make a target "unrezzable", to blasras point above.

Automatic would be overpowered. It would likely need to be an ability with a longerish cooldown 1-2 minutes. Maybe some kind of debuff where if the target dies when its on, they cannot be rezzed. That's an incredibly powerful ability for organized play, so it would have to have a long cooldown and be used very tactically to be balanced.

Very cool idea though, great job on creativity here.

velenne

Post#4 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks! I think in just the same way that certain tanks have very specific guard mechanics, healers have very specific spec mechanics, this can be something that it's just expected that WH/WE's do.

We have core abilities right now that are just flat-out never used, so it could easily replace one of those. I'm leaning against having it as a tactic because it's much more strategic as an ability.

I'm also torn between it being a "you can't res for x seconds" vs. "you can't res at all; back to spawn for you" kind of thing.

Xarko

Post#5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:47 pm

I like this! Thematic, unique, tactical.

Zxul

Post#6 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:45 pm

As a healer with experience of that event where some kegs would prevent resurrection, die :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Artwork

Post#7 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:02 am

I play Warhammer a lot more often than I play Forumhammer, but I agree that's a very cool suggestion with some potential.

Drys

Post#8 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:26 am

I could see being "unresable" as potentially game breaking. But I like the overall concept as a way to add a unique element to the class.

What about something along those lines like a tactic that makes resing someone killed by WH/WE cause 50% damage to the resser. It has a similar feel and could potentially seeing both large scale and small scale battles by making ressing more risky when a WE/WH is involved in the battle...
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:49 am

Wow, this is quite interesting skill. I wonder how much cooldown could it have, maybe 2 minutes, 3 minutes, or something like that, also a casting time of 3 to 8 seconds so someone can prevent it. Pretty cool idea i must say. Would be interesting to see it in the game.
Last edited by adapter on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

velenne

Post#10 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:00 am

If the casting time is longer than a rez than it's worthless. Remember a healer just has to click their pic in the party window. A WH in this case has to physically locate the corpse on the field, be in range, and be safe enough (in light armor) to channel a spell?

I'm ok with it being instant. As for cooldown, I think a minute or two is fine.