Recent Topics

Ads

How to change the meta with one ability

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Honshu
Banned

Re: How to change the meta with one ability

Post#41 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:16 am

teiloh wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:04 amEvery DPS has to deal with detaunt which is a core feature of the game. 100% ignore is an effective +100% DPS against healers and sometimes DPS.
Well it's a good thing I didn't suggest 100% ignore, isn't it? I suggested a short duration (literally 2 or 3 seconds) buff that will ignore detaunts IF they are used in that time period. That is not the same thing.

Anyway, I'll read your thread, but suggesting that healers being functionally immortal should be a "core feature of the game" is ludicrous to me. I hope somewhere in your suggestions you suggest a means to deal with that. Cheers!

Ads
Dackle

Post#42 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 pm This is actually a very cool idea!

My only problem with it is that I'd want it to be a 3 second channel ability with an animation of the WH/WE actually consecrating/desecrating the corpse. :lol:

Since the Dev team does not yet have the ability to add in animations, I guess I'll just have to use my imagination if this is ever implemented. :P
just use the Shaman /special animation. Done!

Melkoroth

Post#43 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:35 am

Honshu wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:57 pm
Melkoroth wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:51 pm In any case... what about real WB utility instead of some weird new mechanic introduced?
I mean, ensuring that focused targets are removed from the battlefield so that you can actually bring battles to a close without the now defunct morale bombs is amazing utility, and I think given the goals and the design of stealther classes it is wholly within their scope. They contribute less overall dps than Slayers and White Lions do, but they are surgical tools compared to wrecking balls.

What sort of benefit do you think they should provide in the way of utility? Because morale is overall less important, and I don’t really see either witch hunters or witch elves as “buff” classes. Certainly I don’t think they should have lots of opportunity for AOE, that’s the Slayer and Choppa’s shtick.

So as a general principle, what else is there aside from giving them abilities to make their single target damage more meaningful? Please note that I am carefully choosing my words here; I don’t necessarily think the problem is that their damage is “too low,” I think it is too *ignorable,* which is a different problem that requires a different solution. I remember the live days where stealthers could pop you like a pimple before you could even do anything, and I am not eager to return to them.
As a side note I do think our damage is too low. An example of the problem: I see well geared good played MDPS compete to top damage charts in cities all the time. But somehow we are prevented from it because the "feeling" is a) we are not AoE chars, b) buffing our single target damage would be OP while solo roaming and c) we are not buffing classes. So we are just cornering ourselves into not being champion in city ever "because reasons" and that is frustrating.
I don't care if our dmg is upped via flat out increase, rework of mechanics so we have to play for it or giving buffs/debuffs that count towards our score.

I'm really up for anything we can get even if it involves honing more skillz in an already difficult class to play. But let's not forget all the "no utility" talk would be forgotten if we could top dmg charts.
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

velenne

Post#44 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Melkoroth wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:35 am As a side note I do think our damage is too low. An example of the problem: I see well geared good played MDPS compete to top damage charts in cities all the time. But somehow we are prevented from it because the "feeling" is a) we are not AoE chars, b) buffing our single target damage would be OP while solo roaming and c) we are not buffing classes. So we are just cornering ourselves into not being champion in city ever "because reasons" and that is frustrating.
I don't care if our dmg is upped via flat out increase, rework of mechanics so we have to play for it or giving buffs/debuffs that count towards our score.

I'm really up for anything we can get even if it involves honing more skillz in an already difficult class to play. But let's not forget all the "no utility" talk would be forgotten if we could top dmg charts.
There's a few other good threads on in this subforum and on the Empire subforum about WH/WE's and what to do with them. Anyone who's played the endgame with one knows how dreadfully, hilariously undertuned they are for not just the stated vision of the class, but the primary unique feature of the game itself, RvR. It's just not even up for debate at this point, and anyone who disagrees is woefully out of touch. By all means, please add your voice to the unanimous din of other WH's there. Every little bit helps.

This thread is my attempt to be productive and offer up something that doesn't just allow WH's to finally fill a niche in RvR that makes them desirable, but also shakes up the meta in a meaningful way without pushing another class out.