Recent Topics

Ads

Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

Post#31 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:11 am

My honest suggestion (now that we know sh buffs are coming) is to give it at least 4 weeks to give us time to see how tje sw buffs affect the game before you start working on sh. Im afraid it would be too many changes at once. Probably based on wrong assumptions about sws viability.

Ads
MMXX43

Post#32 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:15 am
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:07 am
adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 am This post is about buffs, not nerfes.
Yes, you are asking for an extremely strong class to get buffs.
Nope, im asking for the mirror class of Shadow Warrior to get the same buffs. It's only fair.

Range Squig Herder was as much as weak or even weaker than Shadow Warrior was before yesterday's patch. They share the exactly same Mastery Paths (2 to be exact).

Range Squig Herder is not an extremely strong class. Please don't come here to try change the subject without any type of source or evidence to back up what you are saying, it only works as a distraction to the topic in hand right here.
SW has been unmirrored and un touched for 2 years !!!!!!! you waited for 1 semi full day to post buff "suggestions" , why the hurry ? let is be for 2 years and then some day it will come to mirror . Its only fair.

TiberiusD

Post#33 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:35 am

Buff rSH and nerf mSH.

Marawo

Post#34 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:55 am

Changes could mean anything.
If devs are cool they find a way for RSH to get locked out of all the freebie abilities that Msh has. Currently the bouncin path is overbloated with 11 (!) core abilities which means you dont really have to invest in that tree to ge the cc/defensive utility out of bouncin path. As a reference 11 core abilities is equal to the amount of core abilities 2 whole trees get on most other classes. Maybe give squiq armor a 2 sec cast time or something so ranged squiqs cant go "oh **** squiqarmor, melee kd/armor buff/pounce away/kaboom" or whatnot everytime something gets to them. That being said i'm obviously supporting a better Rsh aoe spec, just not a rsh spec that can still play 90% of MSH kit.

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#35 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:07 am

TiberiusD wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:35 am Buff rSH and nerf mSH.
Have they nerfed ASW? or did I miss something? People actually haven't noticed but this is actually a more effectual buff to ASW if you consider they have more range on some of their ranged abilities and can reach ranged KD without even stance requirement. Have you cried OP single target burst of WL must be nerfed in order to buff its aoe abilities here when it happened? Stop being a hypocrit.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

nuadarstark

Post#36 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:12 am

I'd personally don't care about mSHs, as the morale change kinda dealt with them in many aspects (especially the most problematic ones), but you're joking if you think mSHs aren't much better than aSWs (in overwhelming majority of applications).
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ramlaen

Post#37 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:15 am
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:07 am
adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:25 am This post is about buffs, not nerfes.
Yes, you are asking for an extremely strong class to get buffs.
Nope, im asking for the mirror class of Shadow Warrior to get the same buffs. It's only fair.

Range Squig Herder was as much as weak or even weaker than Shadow Warrior was before yesterday's patch. They share the exactly same Mastery Paths (2 to be exact).

Range Squig Herder is not an extremely strong class. Please don't come here to try change the subject without any type of source or evidence to back up what you are saying, it only works as a distraction to the topic in hand right here.
In your own words the SH is a White Lion / Slayer mirror.

You simply want everything that other classes have (note the multiple tense) without giving up anything in return.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

nat3s

Post#38 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:36 pm

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:33 am
nat3s wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:22 am
rAW are now the best AoE morale drainers in the game, they will be extremely viable in organised WB play i dont see any cause for concern there.

For the rSHs, Destro doesn't need another morale drainer, that's the utility provided by Maras and you don't want to homogenize too much as it dilutes class flavour... So it makes sense to buff them in a different direction.
The thing is that Morale Drain from RSW is ranged and Marauder is Melee. So here is already something not right.

Okey so take that, should RSH get an AoE AP Drain ability? It must get somehow a Drain on something.

Destros most potent city/WB strats are either assist trains or morale bomb, we have no real equivalent to the BW deathball. With these changes Order now has counter play for Destro morale bomb. We already countered Order morale bomb.

I personally disagree with the morale damage change, it's a bit heavy handed. For me I think there should be more WB strats/plays:

Morale bomb
ST assist trains
AoE bomb
AoE heal debuff

Or a combination thereof.

I think a more diverse choice of WB composition adds depth and enjoyment + brings classes in from the cold that perform just 1 of the above functions.

I don't think nerfing out of existance AoE heal debuff / morale bomb is really what's needed. Lets have them is 1 of many different viable tactics.

Just to be clear, from my experience in organised WB play, Order did need a helping hand imo.
Last edited by nat3s on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
rodomeier

Post#39 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:48 pm

Imagine playing only order and losing 85% of city instances for months trying to figure out how to make worth compositions and how to counter the destro melee train / morale bomb meta all the time. Never comming to cry on forum.

Now imagine some changes on morale and (let me laugh) rSW and destros comming to forum 20 hours later to cry how imbalanced and unfair the world is.

Imagine and believe it

Trolllin - BW
Opivm - SW
Hoddor - Hoddor
Capptain - WH
Axeformen - Potato Slayer

twitch.tv/BebopSamvrai

TiberiusD

Post#40 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:57 pm

rodomeier wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:48 pm Imagine playing only order and losing 85% of city instances for months trying to figure out how to make worth compositions and how to counter the destro melee train / morale bomb meta all the time. Never comming to cry on forum.

Now imagine some changes on morale and (let me laugh) rSW and destros comming to forum 20 hours later to cry how imbalanced and unfair the world is.

Imagine and believe it
+1