Recent Topics

Ads

Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TimOh

Re: Ranged Squig Herder needs buffs too

Post#71 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:21 am

Why are so many people claiming that since mSH is strong that automatically means that rSH should be weak and not viable? mSH being strong has no real relevance on whether or not the ranged lines are weak and could use updating, which it was already expressed that the rSH will have updates as well. The original post was rather clear in asking that since the rSW and rSH specs are almost identical why would rSH not receive the same buffs, the only actual answer that I read so far was that those in charge of the changes would like to separate the two classes ranged specs further. Additionally, acting as if classes should not have multiple viable specs is just nonsensical. Thinking about Squig Herder, and every class, in a vacuum or with their closest mirrors may also be disingenuous, as class synergy plays a large part in this game. That being said, is mSH really too strong or is it the synergy with other mDPS classes on destruction? Is rDPS weak simply because mDPS is too strong, and if mDPS is toned down would ranged specs even need much of an update? Instead of arguing about order/destro bias, or how entitled factions may feel. How about we work together to make an excellent game in which most classes and specs will feel as if they have a role. Having discussions in regards to class balance need not turn into a clown fiesta of logical fallacies.
Editing this post to ask Wargrimnir a question, so as to not needlessly make multiple posts.
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:53 am There are some similarities, there are many differences. We will be leaning into making each class more unique, not more mirrored, while allowing them to fulfill similar roles.
mSH is pretty AoE focused, aSW is more single target. The new skirmish line is pretty AoE heavy, would the intent with the upcoming changes to rSH improve upon the classes single target ability? Thus allowing aSW an effective aoe line relative to the aoe of the mSH's melee line, while maintaining the single target melee spec for aSW and creating a more interesting or unique single target effectiveness? The statement of "allowing them to fill similar roles" but not necessarily more mirrored roles is interesting, and I ask because I look forward to the ideas and changes that may happen.
Last edited by TimOh on Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
jvlosky

Post#72 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:13 am

TimOh wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:21 am Why are so many people claiming that since mSH is strong that automatically means that rSH should be weak and not viable? mSH being strong has no real relevance on whether or not the ranged lines are weak and could use updating, which it was already expressed that the rSH will have updates as well. The original post was rather clear in asking that since the rSW and rSH specs are almost identical why would rSH not receive the same buffs, the only actual answer that I read so far was that those in charge of the changes would like to separate the two classes ranged specs further. Additionally, acting as if classes should not have multiple viable specs is just nonsensical. Thinking about Squig Herder, and every class, in a vacuum or with their closest mirrors may also be disingenuous, as class synergy plays a large part in this game. That being said, is mSH really too strong or is it the synergy with other mDPS classes on destruction? Is rDPS weak simply because mDPS is too strong, and if mDPS is toned down would ranged specs even need much of an update? Instead of arguing about order/destro bias, or how entitled factions may feel. How about we work together to make an excellent game in which most classes and specs will feel as if they have a role. Having discussions in regards to class balance need not turn into a clown fiesta of logical fallacies.
I just find it so funny that a month ago or so when Mara got a buff/rework you heard nothing from Order. But when SW gets maybe a buff that MIGHT make them viable for end game oRVR and city AND isn't even working properly AND is currently bugged to hell Destro loses their minds. Truly Destro are the pro complainers here, must be why things are the way they are.

I just find this whole thing truly hilarious, we don't even know if SW is any good with this rework cause a lot of stuff is broken and low and behold Destro treat it like the most egregious offense against them to ever happen in the history of the game. That **** is funny. The Karen-esce hypocrisy of destro is just so palpable. Very entertaining, just hope the devs don't listen to all this complaining.

adapter
Suspended

Post#73 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:28 am

jvlosky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 am
Ahhh yess look at all the meta city compositions clambering over one another to try and get all the SWs in their group.

Get real. Before this patch nobody would take a SW if they could help it. Better aoe dmg from other sources and the same utilities are given to other classes. Dont be so disingenuous. mSH is meta and has been, SW has been nothing.
Dude, noone is saying mSH is not meta, it's true, it is in the meta for Warbands and Cities, so is MeleeSW in the meta for Scenarios and Smallscale. Each one has their context to shine.

And again, we are here to talk about Ranged specs for both careers, which they both needed Buff, only thing is that SW got it first, so this post is about talking Ranged Squig Herder buffs.

Personally i couldn't care more about joining a 24 warband for cities, I care more about Ranged Single Target for SH, that's what I like to play, rvr roam, scenario, duo/6/12 cities.

Shadow Warrior is fine now, it is overpowered as a single target melee career, yes, it is. Cool for them. Now let RSH get the buffs we deserve.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

adapter
Suspended

Post#74 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:34 am

jvlosky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:13 am
I just find it so funny that a month ago or so when Mara got a buff/rework you heard nothing from Order. But when SW gets maybe a buff that MIGHT make them viable for end game oRVR and city AND isn't even working properly AND is currently bugged to hell Destro loses their minds. Truly Destro are the pro complainers here, must be why things are the way they are.

jvlosky, noone here is complaining about Shadow Warrior, in fact, it's good that they got a rework, it's awesome, they needed the buff, as so does Range Squig Herder. That's all mate.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#75 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:23 am

jvlosky, noone here is complaining about Shadow Warrior, in fact, it's good that they got a rework, it's awesome, they needed the buff, as so does Range Squig Herder. That's all mate.
What's the point of your post then? They already said RSH are getting buffs.

adapter
Suspended

Post#76 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:40 am

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:23 am
The point is to raise new ideas, suggestions, awareness about how the Ranged Squig Herder would be affected by future reworks. As to also mention the fact that RSW share the same abilities as RSH, according to that, changes should be the same or similar.

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#77 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 am

adapter wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:40 am
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:23 am
As to also mention the fact that RSW share the same abilities as RSH, according to that, changes should be the same or similar.
It doesn't sound like you want to raise ideas, more like you just argue what you think is correct.
You should wait for the devs to make a change, and then make posts.

adapter
Suspended

Post#78 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:54 am

thedonkeykong332 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 am
It doesn't sound like you want to raise ideas, more like you just argue what you think is correct.
Well, of course I won't argue on what I think is not correct, I'm not here to talk about bad things, I'm here to talk about the possibilities the RSH could experience in future patches. In that sense, I agree on the way you think of my post, I do talk about on what I think is correct. And yes, I will wait for the devs to implement changes on the Ranged Squig Herder.

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#79 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:51 am

TimOh wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:21 am Why are so many people claiming that since mSH is strong that automatically means that rSH should be weak and not viable?
This is a strawman.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

thedonkeykong332
Suspended

Post#80 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:05 am

adapter wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:54 am
thedonkeykong332 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:44 am
And yes, I will wait for the devs to implement changes on the Ranged Squig Herder.
I'm glad you agree that this post is pointless ;)

P.S. out of context if someone disagrees with you/thinks differently doesn't make it a bad thing.