Recent Topics

Ads

Announcements

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Announcements

Post#1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:48 pm

I quite like personal rivalries in RoR. Would it be possible for more system announcements (like when someone hits 80 renown) during rvr battles?

I am thinking stuff like an announcement if someone gets a big kill streak, if someone ends a kill streak, or maybe even warband leaders getting a shoutout if they reach a very large contribution score. Means when you see certain players, it adds a little spice and personalises the rvr battles a bit more.

Ads
Starx

Re: Announcements

Post#2 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Only if they use the unreal tournement announcer

StrongUn

Post#3 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:58 pm

+1
also Bring back xCHAT!

Martok

Post#4 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:40 pm

Starx wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:58 pmOnly if they use the unreal tournement announcer

Beat me to it.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

zak68

Post#5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 am

what about a bounty reward system ? on opposite faction/race player with most kills/heals (or anything else, guild leader for example) the current warzone king issues a "death or death" bounty so a message like "his majesty king whatever decrees that xxx is declared enemy of the realm." is broadcasted ; killing that player in the next 30(?) minutes grants more rr or a malus on his faction/race morale increase or whatever bonus. collecting kills will eventually grant a token for a "bounty hunter" rare pocket item or throphy. or what about declaring a feud with an opposing (and equal weighted) guild so that looting a claimed keep... or declaring an equally ranked same archetype player as "nemesis" so that not killing him will hurt your morale but etc etc...
ps: possibly something like this was already proposed, i don't remember.

Zaxxond

Post#6 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 am

I have an announcement to all the EU and Destro (Not Spain though)

Your Moms all ride the Shai Halud.

Zaxxed.

P.S. Drow still sucks.

TreefAM

Post#7 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:58 am

When I lead my wbs I usually do have targets I want to **** on :D
And I imagine other wb leaders both on my side and the other feel similarly.

BeautfulToad

Post#8 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:28 am

StrongUn wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:58 pm +1
also Bring back xCHAT!
I quite like the idea of an x-realm chat but only for leaders of warbands in rvr

Ads
gebajger

Post#9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:36 am

zak68 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:13 am what about a bounty reward system ? on opposite faction/race player with most kills/heals (or anything else, guild leader for example) the current warzone king issues a "death or death" bounty so a message like "his majesty king whatever decrees that xxx is declared enemy of the realm." is broadcasted ; killing that player in the next 30(?) minutes grants more rr or a malus on his faction/race morale increase or whatever bonus. collecting kills will eventually grant a token for a "bounty hunter" rare pocket item or throphy. or what about declaring a feud with an opposing (and equal weighted) guild so that looting a claimed keep... or declaring an equally ranked same archetype player as "nemesis" so that not killing him will hurt your morale but etc etc...
ps: possibly something like this was already proposed, i don't remember.
It worked perfectly fine in SWG and was one of the best 'minigames' in an mmo, but it just wouldn't work here...
Those with bounty on their heads would just hide in the middle of the zerg, or just simply hide in the middle of nowhere for the duration
Rioz