Recent Topics

Ads

Unstable convulsions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Deadpoet

Unstable convulsions

Post#1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:57 pm

Unstable convulsions is a tactic 11+ points into brut tree, leading up to Wave of Terror. Description says:

Convulsive Slashing now gains a 50% chance to remove an enchantment from the enemy.

I don't think many marauders have ever been tempted to go beyond mutated aggressor spending skill points and using up a precious tactic slot to grab this “treasure”. I might be wrong though, correct me if I am overlooking something.
This is one of those tactics in the game that are doomed to be left alone, not even with the recent incentive of going higher in brut tree to get Wave of Terror.

BUT the thing is, the tactic is very correctly themed. It fits really well in the concept of marauder as the king of debuffers. It could be a worthy addition to the marauder's arsenal, if only it weren't tied to a single ability (an ability that some high rank marauders have evicted from their tool bars).

NOW if we take a look at similar abilities in other classes:

Mork's Touch 7 points into middle tree. All of your offensive spells gain a 25% chance to remove a blessing.
Dispel Magic 7 points into middle tree. All of your damaging spells gain a 25% chance to remove a blessing.

We notice that even though the % is lower, it applies to ALL offensive/damaging spells, making it a little less useless. Also, those two are lower in the tree. It doesn't mean any shaman or AM is going to take it, but it's less preposterous as a tactic.

SO, I would propose a change in the tactic:

make ALL ATTACKS gain a chance of removing an enchantment, not only Convulsive Slashing(lower the % to 25 if need be). Maybe not even then would any mara sacrifice one of the mandatory tactics to slot this one, but at least it would allow the class further customization and experimenting. With only 1 mara in the warband using this tactic the utility it provides could be significant, as it would counter certain key abilities which rely on enchantments.
Last edited by Deadpoet on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
wildwindblows

Re: Unstable convulsions

Post#2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:50 am

Good point but idk if any mara use this tactic. I really never seen before. This tactic remove hots as i know. It is not a big deal i guess.

Fey

Post#3 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:55 am

Make it to strip blessings as well.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Deadpoet

Post#4 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:03 am

Yep, as I wrote above, I don't think any mara ever uses this, nor maybe would even if it were changed according to my proposal. And yet, to think of a mara being able to shatter rampage massively with AoE spam sounds interesting in wb vs wb context.

Pandastyle

Post#5 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:30 am

I was actually looking into this tactic a while ago (only on paper tho), because I find these kinds of tactics interesting. Many buffs are enchantments afaik, some hots from the AM are as well, but not many.
I wouldnt put it on any ability used tho...the examples you posted are from shammy and the other one idk? But I think they don't really have an option to go aoe damage...Imagine a marauder or two with this tactic but going kinda high in monstro as well...you could strip entire warbands of their buffs and some hots (making AMs kinda useless in that situation). And also in cities that would be op imo. Sure enough you couldnt get wrecking ball without many sacrifices but demolition and the other monstro abilities still hit. Imagine taking one marauder with this tactic and the other one morale debuff specced into city....:D
Maybe lower the percentage and make it for brut abilities only. That way you can still use it on aoe (wave of terror) but it is mainly single target then and you kinda have to be in the brut stance
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:30 am I was actually looking into this tactic a while ago (only on paper tho), because I find these kinds of tactics interesting. Many buffs are enchantments afaik, some hots from the AM are as well, but not many.
I wouldnt put it on any ability used tho...the examples you posted are from shammy and the other one idk? But I think they don't really have an option to go aoe damage...Imagine a marauder or two with this tactic but going kinda high in monstro as well...you could strip entire warbands of their buffs and some hots (making AMs kinda useless in that situation). And also in cities that would be op imo. Sure enough you couldnt get wrecking ball without many sacrifices but demolition and the other monstro abilities still hit. Imagine taking one marauder with this tactic and the other one morale debuff specced into city....:D
Maybe lower the percentage and make it for brut abilities only. That way you can still use it on aoe (wave of terror) but it is mainly single target then and you kinda have to be in the brut stance
Some of the best order buffs are typed as enchantment. Both of the BW buffs, AM resistances, Slayer Rampage, etc.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Pandastyle

Post#7 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:30 am I was actually looking into this tactic a while ago (only on paper tho), because I find these kinds of tactics interesting. Many buffs are enchantments afaik, some hots from the AM are as well, but not many.
Some of the best order buffs are typed as enchantment. Both of the BW buffs, AM resistances, Slayer Rampage, etc.
I was referring to the AM hots with the "but not many" because I think its like 3 hots or so :P And yes I recently saw that many buffs are enchantments...even more reason to not do it on any ability...I am all for mara buffs but I think that would be a bit op...as I said maybe do it on all Brut abilities ^^
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Foofmonger

Post#8 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:05 pm

This tactic has been garbage since 2008, aka it's always been garbage.

If it was a 100% chance, it would at least have a niche use. As it is - it's just junk and a waste of your mastery point.

Regardless, yea, unless the devs somehow change this tactic nobody will ever use it. How they would change it is more or less irrelevant, you could make it all attacks and lower the % chance as stated, you could keep it to convulsive slashing only but make sure it has 100% proc rate, etc...

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Not the only thing that needs changing in the complete failure that is the Brutality tree for Marauders.

The tactic itself isn't bad since stripping rampage is your first priority at all times when playing against a Slayer, the issue is that it procs from one of the worst skill in the game and a channel at that, in a tree that is focused on auto attacks.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Pandastyle

Post#10 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:33 pm

I actually get mixed signals concerning convulsive slashing...many say its garbage, some say its good when you cancel it after one gcd to get some kind of burst (...burst on mara lol...), some say its one of the highest dps skills of mara.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot