Recent Topics

Ads

A Humble Observation On PvE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
hragli

A Humble Observation On PvE

Post#1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:14 pm

EDIT: After a long look at some other career types (playing an Ironbreaker, an Archmage and an Engineer also up to 20 or 30 or so) I've concluded that the issue I brought up is purely a Bright Wizard phenomenon. I find it very difficult to solo PvE content with them (even ordinary quests) because of how squishy they are. They burn NPCs down very quickly but after one or two enemies you have to rest and recuperate HP because half of it is already gone. Even other ranged DPS like Engineer don't seem that squishy. But I guess that is unavoidable as Bright Wizards and Sorcerers have been designed that way for PvP balance, so there's nothing to be done.
Last edited by hragli on Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: A Humble Observation On PvE

Post#2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Are you talking about the epic quests?

I kind of agree, my issue with PvE epic quests is that certain classes (tanks, mostly) are needed to do it effectively. And most of them can pretty much solo all them (esp 2-handed tanks). BWs - on the other hand - are support, and can just massively speed up killing things. Dont know what to suggest that could change that.

Does a tanky BW work in PvE quests (ie not gunbad, etc)?