Recent Topics

Ads

New Class/specs?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
DoomedDragon

New Class/specs?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:38 pm

Just dreaming and having fun thinking of potential classes.
Was thinking if there are any kind of classes/specs that could work lore-friendly on the other realm.
For example, a BG into a Phoenix Guard or a SM into a (Har Ganeth) Executioner.
Not sure what would be the best solution (because of the skills), if they should be a whole new class or a spec to BG/SM respectively.
A simple solution for gear would be to give i.e. Phoenix Guard - SM amor and Executioners - BG amor.
Weapons could be a bit harder though.

What do you guys think?
Are there any other similar crossover that could be made?

Ads
StrongUn

Re: New Class/specs?

Post#2 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Necromancers, we need necromancers!!!

Starx

Post#3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 pm

I'd like to see the skaven from live reworked into a 3rd faction, still monster play though. On live skaven were basically like vehicles tbh... that your faction had a limited # of, I'm pretty sure the devs intended them to be something low RR/gear players to use to help their faction. If you remember people didn't leave t3 till their were RR70 and in """worn""" sov gear. While I don't think that it will ever get that bad here it still kinda blows being sub 40 in t4 atm, or even sub vanq R40 right now.

If you could say just fly to altdorf on your R23 swordmaster you aren't having a ton of fun on in RvR and talk to some rat NPC hidden in the city to be transported to a reworked thanquol's incursion (skaven home base) and be able to choose one of the 4 classes that were in the game, and just go out in the lakes as a 3rd faction on say an rat-ogre and cause havoc while still getting XP and RR towards the SM character that would be awesome.

So basically Thanquol's incursion would act as a home base with skaven tunnels to every single t2-4 zone, and would also act as the respawn point for skaven. Have NPC's that let you turn into one of the 4 classes. Skaven /t4 chat equiv. The 4 classes given some more abilities than just the 4? to flesh them out a bit. More XP/RR for killing members of the faction with more players in the zone... lots of cool stuff you could do.

Im sure plenty of people would also just play them for fun and not just as a new method to level/rank up characters. Would probably make forts more interesting too if they could be worked into them.

jvlosky

Post#4 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:36 pm

I would like to see the current classes balanced properly first. SW is hurting on Order side for sure in terms of team utility and meta AOE dps. Same for WH/WE in some large battle scenariors, WH has bad sustained aoe dps, which is meta but is the only class on Order with Morale drain as far as I know.

With that said I would like to see Skaven or just add a new mastery tree to each class.

Give me OP KOTBS with rifles plz!

Zxul

Post#5 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:17 pm

jvlosky wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:36 pm Give me OP KOTBS with rifles plz!
Haha somewhere in the depths of this forum there is my suggestion of giving chosens bolters, since mine looks pretty much like a chaos space marine :P
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

zak68

Post#6 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:01 am

some time ago some beastmaster was seen; then came the sh meatball.
but do you realize how much work it's needed to implement new classes? 3 spell/styles branches, tactics, morales, armor, weapons... and don't forget that something must be given to the other faction too; manyears of work.

Kloaner

Post#7 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 am

we don't have anything like a balance among the existing classes (after 12 years?) and you dream of new classes? lol
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

mytreds

Post#8 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:14 am

It’s never gonna happen. They’ve said as much several times

Ads
Starx

Post#9 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:16 am

Kloaner wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:10 am we don't have anything like a balance among the existing classes (after 12 years?) and you dream of new classes? lol
You will never have perfect or even good balance unless it's around 1 thing. Look how long WoW has been out, they have achieved pretty good balance in terms of DPS output in raids among most classes... but jesus christ if you look at the PvP lol.

In the same vein, I think the devs here could achieve good balance if they just focused on city viability... but what would that mean for scens... open rvr... small scale etc...?

TiberiusD

Post#10 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:35 am

It's funny how you cannot see it. The 3rd faction is PvE - mountains, rocks, stairs, mobs, dungeons, Tome of Knowledge. It's so powerful that everybody is trying to run away from it.