Recent Topics

Ads

Long Overdue WE/WH

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Duukar

Re: Long Overdue WE/WH

Post#11 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:39 am

Medium armor = slightly reduced Ap costs with no stealth

Light armor = stealth and buffed evasion

15% damage increase across the board.

Ads
Panso

Post#12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:49 am

Give us any kind of crit chance increase back. Pretty much every class and archetype has a tactic to increase there chance to crit. I didn't play, when they cut WE crit increase tactic and changed it so 25% more frenzy damage. But running around with 22% chance to crit on a squishy and bursty class is just a design failure.
Yes I can go full crit with 5 pc vanquisher, but lose a ton of wounds, strength and ws.
It's a known fact that burst comes from critical damage, but if you are in a disadvantage you will never be able to fullfile your role.
Panso 40/6x Zelot
Savory 40/5x Magus
Annot 40/6x WE

normanis

Post#13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 am

+ for razor strike 6-9 targets with tactic byt no reduced damage ( not be best, byt atleast something for pugs to have spot) same for vvych
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

StrongUn

Post#14 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:24 am

I see some WE's melting ppl easy...

maybe cos they are good playing that class???

Stophy22

Post#15 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:29 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:01 pm
Deifact wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:05 pm There's no buffs on the horizon for either class mirror.
Just out of interest, is this because the classes don't need any or because there is a lack of resources/ other projects are seen as more important?
Every class could use a little something if we dig into them. Other priorities are up first. We have some backlog already and adding more can be distracting. My statement wasn't to dismiss any discussion on them, but to set expectations that we're not likely to make significant changes in the near future.
This is a very good clarification, thank you. This kind of communication is very healthy for RoR imo. Thanks for your time elaborating on that.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:55 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:03 pm could just do a minor change with Broad Sewering + Razor Strike and change 3 targets up to 6 or 9 and call it "almost viable". Would not turn class into a actually viable WB pick, but would also provide them some option when it comes to endgame content such as Forts, Dungeons and Cities, where ability to hit more than 3 people is deemed important.
I even miss grinding dungeons with 9 target Slice WE, this 3 target is just feelsbadman.
Why was these tactics, that also affected Relentless Assault/Trial by Pain reverted anyway?

Marawo

Post#17 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:47 pm

@roadkillrobin

Trial by pain and ruthless assault aoe capabilities were OP especially when blessed blade/bleeding edge tactics were introducded there was no way both could coexist hence why they got patched out pretty soon after (I think 1 week later or so).
FYI those tactics refreshed their next 3 sec 50% armorpierce during the channel of those abilities which meant for a witch with self WS buff cutting through incredible amounts of armor.

Witchhunter was even stronger in my opinion due to vindication and sanctified bullet tactic, 35% damage buff which you could proc more reliably due to the high sustain sanctified bullets gave you. In large number fights you could solo flank a wb no healer no guard required and jolt yourself for 2-3k hp every 10 sec DG and 2-3k hp twice over a TbP channel (TbP procs bullets twice) every 8 sec. Add in 7 sec 100% disrupt, 5 sec 100% parry and aoe detaunt to sustain while TbP and DG are on CD. You were almost unkillable or forced the enemy blob to focus you which meant they die to whatever threat they should have been fighting instead. Now imagine this with 24 aoe cap instead of 9target and going x-100% with every DG or TbP in their relative short CD's.

e.:
About Broad severing/sweeping razor the justification for lowering it to 3 targets was it dropping down from a 11pt tactic to a core tactic and being compared to lotsa choppin/accuracy from Chp/SL which was considered an unfair investment for an equal effect (spammable base attack hitting 9 targets for 1 tactic slot but reduced damage).

Now the CHP/SL tactics are at 24 targets (which is stupidly OP in any funnel and is making the strongest funnel class even stronger but that's just my opinion) sweeping razor/Broad severing should be brought back into discussion, upping their target limit would make them somewhat capable in that regard but still fall off far from the proper aoe mdps classes.

geezereur

Post#18 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Witch elf and Witch hunters needs more % crit chance they are prob the classes that needs it the most.

Ads
Marawo

Post#19 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:56 pm

What WE/WH actually need is a better campaign.
Currently there is almost no campaign impact in regular zones from ganking enemy players while a siege is going on because there is no meaningful supply deterioration once a keep hit their 2 star (as attacker) or 3star (as defender) benchmark. It's also way to easy to circumvent being stopped from getting to the keep due to the "lol just release inside keep" effect.
Regular zones make up the majority of the rvr campaign and most of this time is spent in largescale fights or sieges rendering ganking/smallscale as a very unimpactful playstyle which WE/WH are catered towards to. Removing the ability to just release inside keep after the siege started would provide so much potential to make a meaningful difference in the siege outcome for a gankclass who has very little use compared to other classes in the actual siege.

Huurl

Post#20 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:59 pm

I forgot the name of the tactic that gave 5% crit chance by Blood Lust/Accusation... but it is painfully missing.
Going for AOE do not feel like the point or a solution. Lot of toons can have single build or aoe build (Sorc/BW, Choppa/slayer, etc.) that's fine and allow you to adjut your gameplay regarding the situation if you are going for Orvr, city, scenarii...
WE/WH can't do that since the Aoe options will always be less efficient. And that's fine as long you can have threatening single target burst. Unfortunatelly now any player who is able to detaunt has nothing to fear from a WE/WH...
WE/WH are light mdps who "kill or die". Nowadays to die is really easy (melee and light armor guarded or not) while to kill is absurdly difficult.

It saddens me since I played WE since release but I reroll sorc now to be usefull to my mate.