Recent Topics

Ads

Long Overdue WE/WH

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nekkma

Re: Long Overdue WE/WH

Post#71 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:57 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:04 am Either you need to rethink the whole class and their supposed niche, or you just accept that both WE/WH are least-best-pick (I guess melee Shaman could be worst?) when it comes to a fast moving high burst heavy largescale fights, where vs compared to the 3 (!!!) other mdps on their respective sides, their available toolkits are the least desired, and their "high risk : high reward" ratio is also somewhat of a bad nightmare.

Assuming the usual "not every class can have AoE" is being used as argument (when the endgame fights are mostly about AoE anyway and all other dps join forts/cities in their AoE specs...) - then some day WE/WH maybe should join the ranks of "normal" classes - or get some absurd level of dmg buffs to their ST burst/pressure so that picking 1-2 WE/WH to city becomes as valuable as having 1-2 actual AoE classes (doubt.jpg).
I think the real problem is the reward structure on this server. This is what's causing and driving alot of class balance frustration atm. The problem is that everyone is shoehorned into doing a gazillion cities and forts, regardless if you like it or not and if your class it suited for it. This is the real issue and cause of alot frustration for various classes. If we add, that cities are fairly rare for people with jobs and if you happenen to be online you are not even sure to get in. This of course makes it terrible for alot of players on classes not wanted in wbs. Heck, I play tank/healer and find a wb/group every time but still think it is a terrible system as it is just an endless grind of the worst content, imo, this games has to offer.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Atropik

Post#72 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:50 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:10 pm Spec to kill people not spec to parry mdps to death ~_~
I did it!

Nicelook | Obey

desizt

Post#73 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:59 pm

The damage is/was awful though :/
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#74 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Top DBs and 0 deaths is bad because they have low damage total? Maybe they aren't one of the "meta" AOE spammers whose damage is largely fluff and easily healed through after all.

Or maybe he used a single target cannon and picked people off when they were already low. Context kind of matters, and scoreboards alone are pretty useless indicators of anything really. Handy for spinning a narrative though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

BelligerentBob

Post#75 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Atropik wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:50 pm
BelligerentBob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:10 pm Spec to kill people not spec to parry mdps to death ~_~
I did it!

Nice! Judging by the screenshot I can assume you have great situational awareness and positioning, indicative of a good player, though I've never seen your WE while playing on either side.

WE damage isnt a problem though. Everyone just wants buffs and specs they can bring to warbands to feel desired ~_~
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]