Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Siegs Review/Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Warstrong
Banned

RvR Siegs Review/Feedback

Post#1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Hello everyone!
Forgive me for the English, I'm a little rusty :)

Guys, today I would like to pass on my feedback on how the rvr is after long years.

Just for the record, I've been playing Warhammer Online forever, live and here in RoR since Dev needed to log into my pc to create an acc and I test a server still crawling, where there was 10% of everything that works today, so congratulations to everyone involved in the project.

The RvR is without a doubt the icing on the cake, where everyone, at least almost everyone, meets for an intense war for castles, forts and then the attack on the cities. However, in fact, the RvR system lives in constant observation, and mine is that it is necessary to restructure the format between those who attack and those who defend. If there is not much success when both sides are almost numerically equal. Either the attack needs to be much greater or the defense much weaker in relation to level, equipment ...

Point 01

Dying near the keep takes you inside if the inside door is not under attack.
- Perhaps the correct thing would be that the defender who dies in the keep area does not return to the keep in any way, regardless of whether the inner door is under attack or not. What is the point of blocking the defenders from entering if they are going back inside anyway?

Point 02

AOE. The AOE of the game has definitely changed in the last few years, it is very strong, with absurd damage. In every type of invasion there is a corridor between the outside and inside giving privilege to those who do not need to expose themselves and just keep the floor warm. This added to point 01 turns into hell.
- I remember well that in live, although good, it was not the absurdity that is in RoR nowadays, how about a revision in this mechanics?

Have I considered giving the idea of ​​creating a terror debuff when the inner door is open, very radical? :twisted:

Anyway, I would like to see things happening not only at times when a faction is absent.

Thank you for your attention and I'm sorry if I ever expressed badly

Ads
amagawd

Re: RvR Siegs Review/Feedback

Post#2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 pm

I kind of disagree with the 1st point. You can still intercept the people coming from the Warcamps and kill them before they reach the area needed to rezz in the keep. Following your suggestion, blocking people from coming in the keep would be much more easier for the attacking faction and might result in an impossibility to defend. Not to mention it would disable any possible counter attack or strategic sally out of the keep moments.

I fully agree with your 2nd point.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

TreefAM

Post#3 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:01 pm

The only thing that annoys me with ressing inside the keep when outer is up is that the defenders can just mindlessly suicide on the ram, it doesn't matter how many times you kill them, chunk by chunk the rams hp will go down, and if there's enough of them doing it, sieges tend to be quite annoying.
My suggesting for this shitshow would be to just remove the healer from keeps, that way they actually have a penalty.

Jastojan

Post#4 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:01 pm The only thing that annoys me with ressing inside the keep when outer is up is that the defenders can just mindlessly suicide on the ram, it doesn't matter how many times you kill them, chunk by chunk the rams hp will go down, and if there's enough of them doing it, sieges tend to be quite annoying.
My suggesting for this shitshow would be to just remove the healer from keeps, that way they actually have a penalty.
Good idea I agree.

And I agree with the second point of this topic too (the game looks like it was NOT designed for this 24 aoe cap - this should be remowed - or it is easier to change all the content to be ok with 24 aoe cap? Like buff healers, tanks, etc.?).

Akalukz

Post#5 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:21 pm

get rid of healer in keep would be ideal to stop the senseless dying on ram/outter. AoE is pretty insane, especially the morale AoE. Maybe revert Morales to 9 max for defensive and offensive.
-= Agony =-