Recent Topics

Ads

Auto port to bound W/C post scheduled server reboot

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
randomeclipse

Auto port to bound W/C post scheduled server reboot

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Hey,

Would there be scope to port clients to their book of binding locations post a server reboot, or their local (at the time) W/C?

I ask as earlier today I, along with several Des WBs were attacking an Order keep in Praag and funnelling the outer as the server went down (notice was given yes, but we were defending our keep! :)). Upon the server coming back up the keeps had flipped so the WB's of Des that were defending, including me, found ourselves logging into an Order keep and surrounded by opportunistic enemy players. It did not end well :cry:

Just a thought, but suspect if Order are/were wise enough they will be sitting in the keep for some time killing each individual Des player from the WB's that log back in.

Thanks.

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Auto port to bound W/C post scheduled server reboot

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Translation: "I died in RvR ....PLAEZZE HALP!!!!"

While tragic beyond belief, and am really sitting here crying at the horror of it all, what you described is a rare thing. It does not happen all the time, or even frequently.
Don't you think that maybe the devs have other things more important to do?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

randomeclipse

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm Translation: "I died in RvR ....PLAEZZE HALP!!!!"

While tragic beyond belief, and am really sitting here crying at the horror of it all, what you described is a rare thing. It does not happen all the time, or even frequently.
Don't you think that maybe the devs have other things more important to do?
:lol: It was a Dev that pointed me here, but thanks for the constructive reply. Who says forums aren't full of toxic nobodies, eh?

Telther

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:56 pm

I would say no, only because of the dc’s in forts. I’ve dc’d in the 3 I’ve been in. Logging back in, I’m usually right where I was, or off to the side of fort.

Just caught a bad flip of the coin on who gets what keep.

randomeclipse

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Telther wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:56 pm I would say no, only because of the dc’s in forts. I’ve dc’d in the 3 I’ve been in. Logging back in, I’m usually right where I was, or off to the side of fort.

Just caught a bad flip of the coin on who gets what keep.
Fair point, I was just putting it out there in case there was a better way :) .