Recent Topics

Ads

[City] ​​Rewards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
KaneLife

Re: [City] ​​Rewards

Post#11 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm Considering the already shitty bag roll mechanics in city removing the guaranteed reward from city stage is the last thing you wanna have.If you wanna remove something remove bag roll cause in the actual state no matter what you do to contribute ,bag are random anyway.Had a bg last city entering stage 3 with 7k damage.He was picked as champion and got gold bag for his mighty effort for basically being afk all time.The day they will put reward for pushing campaign even if u dont go to city will be the last day i will step into a city until roll mechanics are fixed.

I personally wouldn't change city rewards currently (even tho the contribution in city system feels so random) but just add for those who push the campaign and cannot play in city and raise the cost of sov accordingly, like i said its more the thesis of people just getting shafted and literally never being able to obtain this stuff and i do personally see that as a problem for these players

Ads
Nebuchadnezzar

Post#12 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:26 am

KaneLife wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm The general consensus I believe is that people are feeling frustrated over pushing the campaign during their playing hours and missing city and feeling left out of playing the end game content and unrewarded for the effort they put into the campaign and that people are reaping the rewards of others by just city logging and gaining the maximum reward for the least amount effort I would suggest a swing in the balance is in order

It already exists in other aspects of the game e.g i have 1 hour to play lets go where the action is, Black Crag for example, lets say i get 20 kills then have to log off and i log in the next day i will still get rewarded for my contribution i had on this zone, so why dont we just apply this aspect/thesis to the overall campaign.

Obviously numbers and aspect of my idea can be fleshed out by people a lot smarter then me but the thesis of the idea is removing the massive gain for city loggers and rewarding those who put effort into the campaign who wont be able to participate in city.

Perhaps the guaranteed rewards for each stage in city being removed or reduced and have people who reached certain contribution thresholds gain guaranteed royals lets say i reached 75% top contribution of my realm during the campaign before city happened id get 3 royals - and have the city fight be what it is now with bag rolling or if thats too egregious reducing the amount of guaranteed rewards for each stage significantly or keeping city how it is and still reward those who participate in the campaign and increase the cost of the gear

tldr - city logging shouldn't give you the absolute maximum amount of end game currency for minimum / no effort - while rewarding those who was able to participate in campaign but not able to be available for city.
I actually happened to think of something very similar.

My idea was that your zone lock contributions could get added onto a stack, and then the next time you do a city it'd get consumed and you'd get some bonus crests based on that stack. Something along the lines of Karl Franz/Tzcharnek(or whatever his name his) recognizes your awesome contribution to the realm's war effort and has awarded you an additional share of the spoils. My thought was that it'd get used whether you win or lose, but that you'd get more for your stack on a win. This incentivizes coming to city prepared so that you get the most out of your contribution. Although it could also only be redeemable on a win for the same reason.

The nice thing about this system is that it still forces you to do the city content to get the gear, but enables you to progress towards that by contributing to the campaign even if that particular city push you helped happen occurs after you have to log. Unless your play times are VERY sparse, at some point a city push will happen that overlaps with your normal play time and allows you to redeem this reward.

To keep the overall rate of attaining the gear the same, I would say that with these additional rewards the cost of Warlord/Sov should be increased. This would make contributing to the campaign to get your contribution bonus a more effective way of progressing, and make city logging less effective to disincentize this behaviour.

You could even award a significant contribution bonus for successful fort defences, have the contribution reset the next time you enter RvR on the opposite realm, and make this stack only redeemable on a city attack. This would disincentize throwing/cross realming and promote that #RealmPride :D

What the numbers look like to make this work I don't know. As we learned with the 4 invader fiasco these things are hard to balance and can have a significant effect on player behaviour that can be hard to predict beforehand. But what I'm essentially proposing is reshuffling the way your efforts in the campaign lead to attaining rewards from city pushes to disincentivize city logging + throwing and reduce the level of city FOMO

Wdova

Post#13 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:23 am

Once I woke up too early(4 a.m.EU time) and jumped right in to 2 fort taking (150ttackers/90 defenders where I was) and 130 attackers vs 50 or so defenders in second. It was fairly easy and there was city hour later(5 a.m.) . No such thing occur on EU prime time 7-11 p.m. EU players prepare fort zones and NA players with low population finish it in forts and cities.
It would be interesting if devs give us some data about this.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

KaneLife

Post#14 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:21 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:26 am
KaneLife wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm The general consensus I believe is that people are feeling frustrated over pushing the campaign during their playing hours and missing city and feeling left out of playing the end game content and unrewarded for the effort they put into the campaign and that people are reaping the rewards of others by just city logging and gaining the maximum reward for the least amount effort I would suggest a swing in the balance is in order

It already exists in other aspects of the game e.g i have 1 hour to play lets go where the action is, Black Crag for example, lets say i get 20 kills then have to log off and i log in the next day i will still get rewarded for my contribution i had on this zone, so why dont we just apply this aspect/thesis to the overall campaign.

Obviously numbers and aspect of my idea can be fleshed out by people a lot smarter then me but the thesis of the idea is removing the massive gain for city loggers and rewarding those who put effort into the campaign who wont be able to participate in city.

Perhaps the guaranteed rewards for each stage in city being removed or reduced and have people who reached certain contribution thresholds gain guaranteed royals lets say i reached 75% top contribution of my realm during the campaign before city happened id get 3 royals - and have the city fight be what it is now with bag rolling or if thats too egregious reducing the amount of guaranteed rewards for each stage significantly or keeping city how it is and still reward those who participate in the campaign and increase the cost of the gear

tldr - city logging shouldn't give you the absolute maximum amount of end game currency for minimum / no effort - while rewarding those who was able to participate in campaign but not able to be available for city.
I actually happened to think of something very similar.

My idea was that your zone lock contributions could get added onto a stack, and then the next time you do a city it'd get consumed and you'd get some bonus crests based on that stack. Something along the lines of Karl Franz/Tzcharnek(or whatever his name his) recognizes your awesome contribution to the realm's war effort and has awarded you an additional share of the spoils. My thought was that it'd get used whether you win or lose, but that you'd get more for your stack on a win. This incentivizes coming to city prepared so that you get the most out of your contribution. Although it could also only be redeemable on a win for the same reason.

The nice thing about this system is that it still forces you to do the city content to get the gear, but enables you to progress towards that by contributing to the campaign even if that particular city push you helped happen occurs after you have to log. Unless your play times are VERY sparse, at some point a city push will happen that overlaps with your normal play time and allows you to redeem this reward.

To keep the overall rate of attaining the gear the same, I would say that with these additional rewards the cost of Warlord/Sov should be increased. This would make contributing to the campaign to get your contribution bonus a more effective way of progressing, and make city logging less effective to disincentize this behaviour.

You could even award a significant contribution bonus for successful fort defences, have the contribution reset the next time you enter RvR on the opposite realm, and make this stack only redeemable on a city attack. This would disincentize throwing/cross realming and promote that #RealmPride :D

What the numbers look like to make this work I don't know. As we learned with the 4 invader fiasco these things are hard to balance and can have a significant effect on player behaviour that can be hard to predict beforehand. But what I'm essentially proposing is reshuffling the way your efforts in the campaign lead to attaining rewards from city pushes to disincentivize city logging + throwing and reduce the level of city FOMO
Yeah i feel like a broken record but absolutely spot on some sort of system that promotes Orvr being the MAIN way to get crests and city being something additional

zaauk

Post#15 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:55 am

+1 on the idea above.
Would make ppl RvR more and not Xrealm.

Already a similar system in ranked when bonus reward come on mondays =D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

normanis

Post#16 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 am

that roll system is clearly broken, u can afk fap. = gold. u can tier apart enemies 24 place
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Battlefield

Post#17 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:18 am

Need to give 1 royal crest for the realm capture/lock of every zone or wich realm did it so only them get it then need to give 2 royals for defence of the fortress or i noticed many players give up sometimes for the CIty and in the CIty if it is possible to add into golden bags boots belt gloves or at least chance to get it .

doxifera

Post#18 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm Well. Another city while I was at work. This has been going on for over a month now, again, again and again
And again

Ads
Josewales

Post#19 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:04 pm

RoR is no different than most MMOs. Where 24/7s are the elite and casuals are treated as second class citizens. Why are we surprised? I would be more surprised if casuals at least receive half the royal drop rate than those who live in this game. Be it all zones leading up or daily/weekly quests to assure gear balance.

doxifera

Post#20 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:11 am

doxifera wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm
doxifera wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm Well. Another city while I was at work. This has been going on for over a month now, again, again and again
And again
And again...

The campaign is restarted, participation is ongoing but there is no reward for it — when will this crap end?