Recent Topics

Ads

[City] ​​Rewards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
doxifera

[City] ​​Rewards

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Well. Another city while I was at work. This has been going on for over a month now, again, again and again. How did you plan for people to receive Crest's - if the city happens when you are offline? This is ... . Send ... Crests to all participants of the campaign after its reset. How much this ... can last.

Ads
Noslock

Re: [City] ​​Rewards

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Gold and purple bag from zone lock if you have invader set unlock :-) You just have to win like 300 of them and you'll be fine. City timing is always bad especially if you have to work so not much you can do .Better would be start making drop royals from rr80 players but doubt that will happen.

nuadarstark

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:09 pm

I wish they'd happen when I'm at work, that would mean I can actually sneak to a meeting room somewhere and make it a time or two per week.

EU here, for me they mostly happen early morning - any time between 04:00 and 07:00 which mean I can't ever do them.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

doxifera

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:04 pm Gold and purple bag from zone lock if you have invader set unlock :-) You just have to win like 300 of them and you'll be fine. City timing is always bad especially if you have to work so not much you can do .Better would be start making drop royals from rr80 players but doubt that will happen.
1 Crest from golden/purple bags is the solution to the problem of throwing zones, the problem of the inability to get the last set is because end game content happens when you are offline - its a issue.
I have rr 80+ , invader and participation in campaign, and i dont see 90% of Citys.

Trismegistus

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:28 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Noslock wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:04 pm Gold and purple bag from zone lock if you have invader set unlock :-) You just have to win like 300 of them and you'll be fine. City timing is always bad especially if you have to work so not much you can do .Better would be start making drop royals from rr80 players but doubt that will happen.
1 Crest from golden/purple bags is the solution to the problem of throwing zones, the problem of the inability to get the last set is because end game content happens when you are offline - its a issue.
I have rr 80+ , invader and participation in campaign, and i dont see 90% of Citys.
I'm with this man's ideas.
Keep moving beyond the endless, moving darkness

WH (40/61) SM (40/19) KOTBS (37) IB (32) WP (40/28) BG (35) SH (40/49)

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 pm

The main issue is eu population on average is 2x + compared to na. Zones don't choke for hours on end .. xrealming during na peak hours is pointless ao it is far more balanced. Chaos Wastes this week 4 times order had a huge advantage during eu primetime and once the door on the keep was tagged destroy numbers rose and the zone crumbled. No maw and ultimately no city. A longer lockout than the 90 minutes would help a bit. 8hr+ would reduce the xrealming but some people will still abuse it. Repeat offenders should be issued bans not long ones a few hours to deter them from repeating,

Shadowgurke

Post#7 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:52 pm

It would be interesting if there was some sort of "pool", where every zone you take gives you participation. So if you partake in orvr in caledor, push to DW and siege etaine, that gives 2 2 and 2 royal crests pooled. Capped at an arbitrary number, 10 for getting pushed to your city, 15 if you push to the enemy city. Once city happens, all pooled crests get mailed. I woud use this system further and only grant 100% of city rewards when a certain pool has been erned, as to avoid city logging. Obviously this would need to be made for 1 character per account maximum.

KaneLife

Post#8 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm

The general consensus I believe is that people are feeling frustrated over pushing the campaign during their playing hours and missing city and feeling left out of playing the end game content and unrewarded for the effort they put into the campaign and that people are reaping the rewards of others by just city logging and gaining the maximum reward for the least amount effort I would suggest a swing in the balance is in order

It already exists in other aspects of the game e.g i have 1 hour to play lets go where the action is, Black Crag for example, lets say i get 20 kills then have to log off and i log in the next day i will still get rewarded for my contribution i had on this zone, so why dont we just apply this aspect/thesis to the overall campaign.

Obviously numbers and aspect of my idea can be fleshed out by people a lot smarter then me but the thesis of the idea is removing the massive gain for city loggers and rewarding those who put effort into the campaign who wont be able to participate in city.

Perhaps the guaranteed rewards for each stage in city being removed or reduced and have people who reached certain contribution thresholds gain guaranteed royals lets say i reached 75% top contribution of my realm during the campaign before city happened id get 3 royals - and have the city fight be what it is now with bag rolling or if thats too egregious reducing the amount of guaranteed rewards for each stage significantly or keeping city how it is and still reward those who participate in the campaign and increase the cost of the gear

tldr - city logging shouldn't give you the absolute maximum amount of end game currency for minimum / no effort - while rewarding those who was able to participate in campaign but not able to be available for city.

Ads
Noslock

Post#9 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Considering the already shitty bag roll mechanics in city removing the guaranteed reward from city stage is the last thing you wanna have.If you wanna remove something remove bag roll cause in the actual state no matter what you do to contribute ,bag are random anyway.Had a bg last city entering stage 3 with 7k damage.He was picked as champion and got gold bag for his mighty effort for basically being afk all time.The day they will put reward for pushing campaign even if u dont go to city will be the last day i will step into a city until roll mechanics are fixed.

nat3s

Post#10 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:12 pm

The problem is your daily 5am (EU time) cities are super easy to secure, there's usually a pop imbalance and the numbers locking zones are like 60 vs 30.

EU prime on the other hand it's up to 400 vs 300 which is exponentially more difficult to lock.

Just to clarify, it matters not to what state EU prime pushes the campaign, US West Coast can go from T2 to city in a few hours due to low pop.

Have you considered moving to the US or maybe becoming nocturnal? :D

Clearly it's a problem. I debated this at length with the RoR team on Discord the other day and they see this as purely a player problem sadly. They don't (yet) recognise how much easier it is to secure a city with a low pop so we need to provide whatever feedback we can and hope their perspective changes over time. Fingers crossed!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG