Recent Topics

Ads

[citysiege] Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hypernia

Re: [citysiege] Feedback

Post#21 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 am

It would be nice to see the transition timers brought down some. 5 minutes between stages is excessive, I think 2 or 3 would be fine. Would speed up the experience slightly - especially since you can't respec etc, so there's not really anything to do in that time.

Ads
orillah
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 pm

nat3s wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:56 pm
Sorry not picking on you here, but this is a common misconception.

The last 2 cities I was in were IC sieges where Order had a big overpopulatrion over Destro in the forts that secured the city siege. We can only speculate because we cannot see the number of each side in the queue, but given many Destro queuers missed out on these days, it appears the Order overpopulation xrealmed to Destro for the siege.

What misconception? This is my experience for 4 years on this server.
I’m not theorycrafting anything, just stating the objective data that I was able to casually collect.
Lakes population have nothing to do with what will happen when city finally starts, that’s like a common knowledge, there are people doing SC’s or PVE, sitting in disc or watching streams... They will log in and go to the city the moment it starts; I do it too sometimes as well as most of the server population.

Now ignoring the fact that forcing people to play a side they may not actually have chars on or an affinity with is just going to lead to people quitting... Suggesting players do not play the overpopulated side is not actually as easy as it sounds, because nobody can know until it's too late that there actually is an overpopulation in the city queues and to which side (given we cannot see city queue stats in realtime so there was no way know an Order overpopulation in the Forts switched to a Desto overpop for cities). The first you know of it is after 20 minutes of queueing you didn't get an instance for your WB despite queuing as soon as the timer started.

About "forcing" to reroll, many order player not even queuing until last 5 or 10 minutes of queue without any fear to not get in, that’s how you know destruction is overpopulated for quite some time.
And it’s not really “forcing”, it’s a common answer many people got for their question, like in previous thread about order city problems. There was plenty of "play another classes", "reroll destro" or "git gud".

nat3s wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:56 pm Hope that clears things up for you :)

Things are pretty clear for me, thanks.

Caduceus

Post#23 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 pm

orillah wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:23 pm
snip

also snip

Isn't it time to call out the elephant in the room?

City as main endgame content is fundamentally broken.
- People get excluded because of overpopulation;
- People get excluded because they live in the wrong timezone;
- People get excluded because they picked the wrong class;
- The vast majority of city instances are one-sided stomps, boring for both stomper and stompee;
- The contribution system is broken, favoring certain classes in what is supposed to be a team effort.

Now, I have a rule that I don't complain about a problem without proposing a solution, so I propose to make ORvR the primary endgame/means of getting endgame equipment. Why?
- ORvR is reasonably balanced.
- ORvR is available for everyone, at any time.
- ORvR features a reward system that is acceptable to most.
- Players can participate in whatever form they like most. Solo, 6-man, multiple WBs, it is all possible.
- The outnumbered/underdog faction has opportunity to fight back/defend, and plenty of reason to continue participating.

Royal Crests already drop from gold and purple loot bags. Make the amount scale with renown rank.
If the worry is that people will make a minimal effort to get loot rolls, make the bottom 10% in contribution get a roll, but not a roll bonus. Or something along those lines.

Make city only available for premades, and turn it into a secondary (not primary) means of earning endgame currency, as an extra reward for those groups who seek out the additional challenge.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

CountTalabecland

Post#24 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Spoiler:
Caduceus wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:49 pm
snip

also snip

- The vast majority of city instances are one-sided stomps, boring for both stomper and stompee;
- The contribution system is broken, favoring certain classes in what is supposed to be a team effort.

Now, I have a rule that I don't complain about a problem without proposing a solution: make ORvR the primary endgame/means of getting endgame equipment. Why?
- Players can participate in whatever form they like most. Solo, 6-man, multiple WBs, it is all possible.
- The outnumbered/underdog faction has opportunity to fight back/defend, and plenty of reason to continue participating.

Royal Crests already drop from gold and purple loot bags. Make the amount scale with renown rank.
If the worry is that people will make a minimal effort to get loot rolls, make the bottom 10% in contribution get a roll, but not a roll bonus. Or something along those lines.

Make city only available for premades, and turn it into a secondary (not primary) means of earning endgame currency, as an extra reward for those groups who seek out the additional challenge.
This is correct.

As much a ppl on this forum seem to hate the concept, most ppl like to play while contributing to character progression. Progression, even if it is a slight power bump from a new gear set, is the primary motivation. Locking it behind content (cities) which the individual has no power to access, only what time of day they log on and whether population and campaign allows them to get to it, means they are just going to city log.

No one would have to city log with universal currency.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

KaneLife

Post#25 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:55 pm
Spoiler:
snip

also snip

Now, I have a rule that I don't complain about a problem without proposing a solution: make ORvR the primary endgame/means of getting endgame equipment. Why?

This is correct.

As much a ppl on this forum seem to hate the concept, most ppl like to play while contributing to character progression. Progression, even if it is a slight power bump from a new gear set, is the primary motivation. Locking it behind content (cities) which the individual has no power to access, only what time of day they log on and whether population and campaign allows them to get to it, means they are just going to city log.

No one would have to city log with universal currency.
Great idea honestly it excludes no one and city just essentially turns into being the cherry on top not the whole cake

nat3s

Post#26 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:36 am

snip

also snip

Now, I have a rule that I don't complain about a problem without proposing a solution, so I propose to make ORvR the primary endgame/means of getting endgame equipment. Why?

Yeah fair enough. I personally enjoy city content, but i hate the fact you rarely see them during EU prime, cuts out the content for the majority of the playerbase. My guild has taken to organising WB vs WB fights in locked zones with Order guilds to get our fix. Also understand for a pug it's got to be a poor experience, every time we get a pug we know it's an easy win stomp fest.

I have a hunch the devs might be West Coast US based so they haven't noticed the issue with city sieges not happening in a different TZ.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG