Recent Topics

Ads

<Feedback> Tier One

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Which of the following would you like to see for Tier One?

No change at all.
44%
Instructor's Boon will have a new minimum rank of 5. (Allows players to stay in Tier 1 longer, and build Renown Rank)
9%
Players will stop leveling at CR 15 until they complete a quest to speak to an NPC). (Allows players to stay in Tier 1 indefinitely, and guarantee Renown Rank 30)
46%
Total votes: 95

VolkfangRock

Re: <Feedback> Tier One

Post#11 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:34 am

adapter wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:42 am I would have 4 Greenskin characters to play and stay 15 forever, i love TIER1
:mrgreen: hell yah brother, preach!
Order Toons
Dutchmasta
Oman
Anustart
Zoro
Destro Toons
Volkfang
Yisroel
Puggly
Pollution

Ads
Detangler

Post#12 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:55 am

The current setup heavily discourages low level twinks. if you think low level purp talismans are hard to come by, pop on destro and i'll show you whats in my bank - not counting the ones i've sold. Changing the system will encourage players to kit out t1 characters, making a new player's experience much less entertaining when someone has +14 or more stat in every slot.

I would advise against making any changes, and ensure a steady stream of up and coming order/destro alts to make sure there isn't a population trend toward maxed out 15's roaming the lakes.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zak68

Post#13 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 am

none of the above and surely nothing that allows staying longer in t1.

reistahlen

Post#14 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:19 am

"C" is a false good idea; you'd have groups of twinks crushing the new players ad vitam aeternam. At least with B those people eventually leave.

jvlosky

Post#15 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:28 am

I want the opposite, give me 50% increased xp for 1-16. T4 where it is at!

Permakappa

Post#16 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:38 am

So i would like to add something, as a returning player from live that just started this server 2 weeks ago.

I have no issue with the third option and has you said it will overall benefit the new players and teach them a little more about the rules of the game untill they feel ready to move up. But it would also encourage twinks by making it too easy. I encountered maybe 2 or 3 good twinks (like know the game + the class + have insane talis) and litteraly though these guys were cheating, it made me question the purpose of allowing twinks in the first place since a veteran already has a huge advantage knowledge wise. Sure as you said, the player retention is low when younglings are coming from not pvp heavy games but that doesn't mean you have to give up on them; an easy solution would be to have 0 talisman slots in the gear from T1 and a quick tutorial page that would explain few things like "don't be afraid to ask what you are doing wrong in advice channel etc.." and maybe i would even implement an auto guild from lvl 1 (similar to daoc, a default guild from your realm allowing solo players to share experience as they progress).
Things that would be great also is simple intructions on how to join your first Sc, how to join the orvr, where to find the first pvp vendors.

havartii

Post#17 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:41 am

I think there would be a handfull of people who would love to twink out toons and never leave t1. It should be made harder to be overpowered, putting limits on tallie strengths and pot usage. If that was done, I would be ok with it. But even is current state there are those running naked that seem to be un killable. How they achieve this I have no clue.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Vayra

Post#18 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:10 am

For suggestion 3, I would put in a restriction on not being able to use talismans in gear at level 15, similar to when we had debolstering. Being able to deck out a lvl 15 char in +14 talis is not OK when you can stay in t1 forever.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#19 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am

I would vote for the 3rd option if the quest and experience lock came at level 16. Having twinks running 6mans or heavens forbid even 12/18/24 man WBs with players decked out in purple talismans and best rank 15 gear, that is going to completely destroy new players.

Just imagine a 6 man queuing into a scenario with the best possible gear you can have at 15. Guaranteed 100% WR, no question about it.

normanis

Post#20 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:48 am

out of topic , i think t2 should go merge with t1. and level range is 1-20. and low geared players will have plenty of time to get rr and first virgin keep siege .
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"