Recent Topics

Ads

My Dream Patch Notes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: My Dream Patch Notes

Post#11 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:55 pm Sounds about right.

Even in fantasy patch notes we still forget about WH/SW.
Not really. If you read first line, I wanted to go same with every class like I did for Knight and Chosen. Also, keep in mind that single target focused classes would benefit the most from reverting AoE cap back to 9 from 24, and reducing impact of morale dumps by reducing their damage, as you would relly more on single target assist to bring down more organized warbands than just on AoEing and morale dumping. Also, as far as I know SW is being reworked behind the scene, so it's another reason to not mention it.

I understand that WH/SW need even more love than Engineer/Magus.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:36 pm

I see the salt mining is still coming along nicely.

There's no simple "revert stuff" button. It would take an equal amount of work to roll back changes as it did to implement them in the first place. Not that we're interested in doing so for the vast majority of suggestions anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Josewales

Post#13 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:36 pm I see the salt mining is still coming along nicely.

There's no simple "revert stuff" button. It would take an equal amount of work to roll back changes as it did to implement them in the first place. Not that we're interested in doing so for the vast majority of suggestions anyway.
In other words, everything is working as intended. Cities are the crown jewel to this game where geared melee spam meta trains rule endgame. Classes and playstyles that are not viable are the ugly step children. But hey most are sleeping and real life (the old norm) when cities occur now, so in a sense such composite criticism is irrelevant when most can’t participate. My 2 coppers.

Vayra

Post#14 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:00 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:36 pm I see the salt mining is still coming along nicely.

Of course it's a lot of work, but IMO it would be a good starting point for fixing a number of balance issues. Many of the balance changes that were made early in the life of this server were made under very different circumstances where classes didn't have access to all their tools, which either made them weak or classes that in t4 would be kept in check by those tools too strong. Which leads to other imbalances now in T4 where classes do have access to all their tools.

And, if you don't want to revert too much, at least be open to suggestions for changes that may no longer be needed and could stand to be reverted or changed in a different way. As an example BO's could stand to lose their CD decreaser, they never had it on live, and one class giving aoe CD decrease per realm is an OK amount. And with less CD reducers, the Infernal Wave nerf for Sorc (to my knowledge still the only ability in the game that has a minimum cooldown) can be reverted as it now requires a very specific DPS setup to pull off.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

M0rw47h

Post#15 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello, not sure to whom your post is directed to "revert all bad changes" people, me or is just general statement ;)
Josewales wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:48 pm

In other words, everything is working as intended. Cities are the crown jewel to this game where geared melee spam meta trains rule endgame. Classes and playstyles that are not viable are the ugly step children. But hey most are sleeping and real life (the old norm) when cities occur now, so in a sense such composite criticism is irrelevant when most can’t participate. My 2 coppers.
Don't think being aggressive towards RoR staff will help with making your gaming experience better.
I'd suggest everyone, to do not pointlessly whine, if anything leave constructive criticism in form of what is wrong, why and how to fix it.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Worth every penny.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello, not sure to whom your post is directed to "revert all bad changes" people, me or is just general statement ;)
We get plenty of silly suggestions every day and people seem to grow increasingly agitated they're not implemented, which is super confusing to me. We've never done balance by committee, or even as player led initiatives. If you post something on the forums that is targeted at a specific class, when we get around to making changes to that class hopefully it will be easy enough to find and review. Composite wish lists like this aren't helpful because we can't reasonably search the forum for all "Knight suggestions" and get something worth reading.

Most balance threads usually serve as a distraction to fantasize about, some of them people start taking a little too seriously and work themselves into just being really mad at the state of the game that doesn't fit their fantasy, then they blame the very people responsible for resurrecting this dead horse in the first place. Like bruh, you made yourself mad. We didn't promise you anything.

M0rw47h

Post#18 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:18 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:10 pm

We get plenty of silly suggestions every day and people seem to grow increasingly agitated they're not implemented, which is super confusing to me. We've never done balance by committee, or even as player led initiatives. If you post something on the forums that is targeted at a specific class, when we get around to making changes to that class hopefully it will be easy enough to find and review. Composite wish lists like this aren't helpful because we can't reasonably search the forum for all "Knight suggestions" and get something worth reading.

Most balance threads usually serve as a distraction to fantasize about, some of them people start taking a little too seriously and work themselves into just being really mad at the state of the game that doesn't fit their fantasy, then they blame the very people responsible for resurrecting this dead horse in the first place. Like bruh, you made yourself mad. We didn't promise you anything.
Thanks for response. I'll work on proper threads targeting certain classes in future.

Ads
Josewales

Post#19 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:26 pm

I have very few criticisms about this game compared to other MMOs. It’s to bad it’s amplified during cities. I for one understood this during our time offs and drove my woman crazy waking up in the middle of the night to do cities. But that has come to the end like many other players. I for one wasn’t agitated, but the woman who sleeps bedside me was. I got my 5 Sov/ 3 Invader build just in time...with a spare sov to go with it. The other two pieces wil be a hobby now. For those who just rolled in the last couple months...ewwwww! Long ride for yas. I feel for you.

Josewales

Post#20 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:49 pm

Don't think being aggressive towards RoR staff will help with making your gaming experience better.
I'd suggest everyone, to do not pointlessly whine, if anything leave constructive criticism in form of what is wrong, why and how to fix it.

Last line stated it was an opinion via 2 coppers. The staff understand full well when it comes to outcomes. Some times it’s a brainstorm miss. Chances are they knew elitism would be a result. Anyways something that can be fixed. The staff’s past record is very good for adapting and implementing. I appreciate the time they invest, but I also appreciate the time we also invest. I want this game to thrive and should never be afraid to criticize our governing body. They are grown ups. There is really no other ORVR model that doesn’t smell like WoW. I have been playing MMOs since late 2000...and WAR reminds me of the old models where each were unique to their own. Live was broken in so many ways. RoR took independent baby steps to avoid the same mistakes. A+! Again more coppers.