Recent Topics

Ads

​dropping crests/meds from killing players & breaking the items after death

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Do you like the idea?

1. like everything that is written
6%
2. generally like it, but you need to change something
8%
3. only like some suggestions but overall not like
8%
4. totally dislike
78%
Total votes: 50

Alfa1986

​dropping crests/meds from killing players & breaking the items after death

Post#1 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm

This is the idea of ​dropping crests/meds from killing players & breaking the items.

Nobody wants to gift Royal Crests just like that, it is logical and correct and fair. But if we go the other way, do not give out crests for killing hi-lvl chars, but give out crests when some item is break. Let's take a closer look at this proposal.

So, we can wear on the character: head, shoulders, arms, body, belt and legs, all are 6 things. Every thing will have a hardness scale. When dying in the RVR, a thing will have a chance to get a breakdown of 20% of its hardness (the chance must be chosen so that with 100 deaths the thing would break completely). I took 100 deaths just for convenience.every time a thing/item breaks it is droped a piece of shard, this shard contains 1 sov crest/inv/vanq med. So, 100 deaths in a rvr completely breaks any thing or whole set. In order to repair a thing you will need 5 crests/meds to restore hardness of a thing to 100%. where there will be no to apply this rule: scenarios, forts and cities, since there you can die a huge number of times in a short time, dungeons and pve of coz. Also, I think it is not acceptable for this things: jewelry and the back, weapons.

Under what conditions do things break?
1. Only those things that are worn on the character at the time of death in rvr are broken.
2. Each thing has a chance to break, if it breaks, it drops that crest or med of what level these thing have: sov, warlord-Royal crest, invader, bloodlord - inv med, vanquisher - sentinel, - vanq med.
3. Rvr crests/meds can be used to repair both rvr and pve sets, but not vice versa

What about pve sets?
It would be unfair not to do the same conditions for pve sets, because for some classes they could be pretty good.
1. bloodlord - it will be possible to repair with the invader’s medals, or the Bloodlord tokens (you will need to do a quest for killing bosses in BS, or just this tokens could be drop from loot after killing bosses, 6 * 5 = 30 medals, this way that u could be fix all the broken things for 1 full run).
2. Sentinel - it is possible to repair with vanquisher medals, or the same as BS, only in city dungeons.

What will it give?
1. Medals and crests will not be just gift, it will be obtained in heavy battles with a very small chance, from killing the most powerful opponents in the RVR. the number of medals / crests in system will not increase, new medals and crests will also be available for getting only in cities and forts.
2. Medals and crests will always be needed, even after someone has bought all the parts of the sovereign, he will also need the Royal Crests for repair, or he simply must not die at all in rvr.
3 People who do not see cities will get a chance on sov gears, and also possibility to earn Royal Crests in RVR.

thanks for reading, sorry for my english.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
diedrake

Re: ​dropping crests/meds from killing players & breaking the items after death

Post#2 » Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 am

Was items breaking ever a thing? I dont think so. Imo if players are in said gear they should be dropping said medallions. All other medallions drop like this why shouldnt inv and sov be the same. I could see devs resoning if this game was a sub based mmo but it is not. I am tired of pushing zones all day and unable to get into city due to the timezone i am in, having rl obligations such as family, and full time job.

Anyhoo either way, the game is a game. I am fine with anything because its simple to drop war for a bit and migrate to a different one.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Alfa1986

Post#3 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:28 am

diedrake wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 am Was items breaking ever a thing? I dont think so. Imo if players are in said gear they should be dropping said medallions. All other medallions drop like this why shouldnt inv and sov be the same. I could see devs resoning if this game was a sub based mmo but it is not. I am tired of pushing zones all day and unable to get into city due to the timezone i am in, having rl obligations such as family, and full time job.

Anyhoo either way, the game is a game. I am fine with anything because its simple to drop war for a bit and migrate to a different one.
not in this game, but in other mmo this trick is often used. things can break not only at death, but at improvement, etc.

Gorfhag

Post#4 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:57 am

Gl finding someone goin on ram risking to die to oil. Imagine tanks pushing as first to the keep or fort and risking to die. Man with your system I would always sit back with my tank.

normanis

Post#5 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:08 am

i dea is good drop invaders in forts. its 1 massive trash. byt in city dungs its good droping sc medals. royal crests should stay as it is , if make crests drop from kills in city. than foxtrot uniform carlie kilo pug life. ( they will be afk whole time)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Vladthedad

Post#6 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 am

I see where you are going with the suggestion, but I think all that will lead to is people not wearing their Sovereign gear into RVR, particularly tanks as they risk losing pieces they worked hard for.

Another suggestion instead is that if someone dies who is RR 80+ then they have the chance to drop a shard/fragment (bit like Ruin gear) and if you have x-fragments you can get 1 royal token. The chance to drop a fragment should be very low and you should need say 5-10 fragments for 1 crest. Maybe that way you still incentivise people with the ability to get tokens, but the build up is so low that it doesn't alter the game.
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

walker

Post#7 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 am

Otherwise crests could be dropped by players who wear the sovereign full set or who have reached rr100 , or give crest as a reward for a kill quest(1000+ kills).

TreefAM

Post#8 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 am

Nobody is going to wear full sov anywhere, it's hot garbage lol

Ads
Feomatar1
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:59 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 pm This is the idea of ​dropping crests/meds from killing players & breaking the items.

Nobody wants to gift Royal Crests just like that, it is logical and correct and fair. But if we go the other way, do not give out crests for killing hi-lvl chars, but give out crests when some item is break. Let's take a closer look at this proposal.

So, we can wear on the character: head, shoulders, arms, body, belt and legs, all are 6 things. Every thing will have a hardness scale. When dying in the RVR, a thing will have a chance to get a breakdown of 20% of its hardness (the chance must be chosen so that with 100 deaths the thing would break completely). I took 100 deaths just for convenience.every time a thing/item breaks it is droped a piece of shard, this shard contains 1 sov crest/inv/vanq med. So, 100 deaths in a rvr completely breaks any thing or whole set. In order to repair a thing you will need 5 crests/meds to restore hardness of a thing to 100%. where there will be no to apply this rule: scenarios, forts and cities, since there you can die a huge number of times in a short time, dungeons and pve of coz. Also, I think it is not acceptable for this things: jewelry and the back, weapons.

Under what conditions do things break?
1. Only those things that are worn on the character at the time of death in rvr are broken.
2. Each thing has a chance to break, if it breaks, it drops that crest or med of what level these thing have: sov, warlord-Royal crest, invader, bloodlord - inv med, vanquisher - sentinel, - vanq med.
3. Rvr crests/meds can be used to repair both rvr and pve sets, but not vice versa

What about pve sets?
It would be unfair not to do the same conditions for pve sets, because for some classes they could be pretty good.
1. bloodlord - it will be possible to repair with the invader’s medals, or the Bloodlord tokens (you will need to do a quest for killing bosses in BS, or just this tokens could be drop from loot after killing bosses, 6 * 5 = 30 medals, this way that u could be fix all the broken things for 1 full run).
2. Sentinel - it is possible to repair with vanquisher medals, or the same as BS, only in city dungeons.

What will it give?
1. Medals and crests will not be just gift, it will be obtained in heavy battles with a very small chance, from killing the most powerful opponents in the RVR. the number of medals / crests in system will not increase, new medals and crests will also be available for getting only in cities and forts.
2. Medals and crests will always be needed, even after someone has bought all the parts of the sovereign, he will also need the Royal Crests for repair, or he simply must not die at all in rvr.
3 People who do not see cities will get a chance on sov gears, and also possibility to earn Royal Crests in RVR.

thanks for reading, sorry for my english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:35 am

Vladthedad wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:11 am I see where you are going with the suggestion, but I think all that will lead to is people not wearing their Sovereign gear into RVR, particularly tanks as they risk losing pieces they worked hard for.

Another suggestion instead is that if someone dies who is RR 80+ then they have the chance to drop a shard/fragment (bit like Ruin gear) and if you have x-fragments you can get 1 royal token. The chance to drop a fragment should be very low and you should need say 5-10 fragments for 1 crest. Maybe that way you still incentivise people with the ability to get tokens, but the build up is so low that it doesn't alter the game.
yes you are right, tanks especially under oil die much more often than other classes. it will probably make these classes even less popular (and now few people play for tanks), this can really cause problems in the future. but as a possible solution, the correction factor for tanks * 0.75 or even * 0.5. it even looks logical, because heavy armor itself should break less than mid or light.