Recent Topics

Ads

Three factions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Drekan

Re: Three factions

Post#11 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:54 pm

Chaos dwarfs !
Elizerain Thex

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:03 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:11 pm I remember seeing a very early Alpha video were they were talking about Swordmasters and their Mastery paths. Play style would either be a more conventional warrior type specialization with broad swords swings, or a close range magic caster that used sword to fend of melee attacks (jedi style) iirc. SM was intended to be a AoE dps class at that point.
Yeah they were introduced during the beta because players wanted it to be more wow like

https://www.engadget.com/2007-11-25-eno ... 04f6oJtPjT

The original design just had the tactics from career ranks and you could change spec on the fly. Thats why you have the mastery tree on the career trainer while the renown trainer is his own npc. He was originally just a career trainer. They kind of went back to this concept with wrath of heroes which I think was closer to their original plan for war before it was wowified.

Like most things Mythic touched it had some good ideas, that wow then stole, but badly implemented. Mastery just ends up with 1 or 2 specs better than all the others and hybrid classes dont really work. Instead of going with specializations like wow so you can balance a tree individually and have 3 real options that dont end up with still one better spec from all 3. Imo made pretty much spot on what it should of been now in swtor.

Interestingly and I dont know if it was intentional the devs have moved in that direction here with msh having 15 abilities from a single tree. Thats the reason it works so well.

adapter
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:26 pm

I say make it 6 faction

Greenskin vs Dwarves vs High Elves vs Chaos vs Dark Elves vs Empire
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon