Recent Topics

Ads

"City Reservations"

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Velidara

"City Reservations"

Post#1 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:00 am

Easy fix make it so doing a Fort/s gives you a "City Reservation" as the Opposition, and the Defenders can Q up without a reservation. As I'm sure everyones noticed come city time 100's of players seem to appear out of nowhere and this isn't really fair to the people that've actually put in the effort to get the city, to have to fight for city instances with bums. Also this way if you wanna switch over to you character for a defense well you have X amount of instances because the attackers are limited so I hope you Q fast. ;)

Ads
toffikx

Re: "City Reservations"

Post#2 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:50 am

So you would need fort reservation and then city reservation to even get a crumb of city?
Sounds extremly time consuming (in the sense that you have to play very long sessions).
So people that almost never see cities will now almost never never see cities.
Even if it’s only the attacking/overpopulated side. A lot of people that either do not have a desire to play both factions or are in the process of gearing a char on the attacking/ overpopulated side would find that unfair.
Beside, wouldn’t such a system make cityloggers just chose the defending faction and keep the numbers uneven like before?

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:00 pm

Velidara wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:00 am Easy fix make it so doing a Fort/s gives you a "City Reservation" as the Opposition, and the Defenders can Q up without a reservation.
this will make defenders dont get pop for low attackers.

Issue => you have ppl on forts that cant get into city. For city you need 40/40 and for fort only need lvl16+ (dunno if this changed recently).

nat3s

Post#4 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:00 pm

Getting a fort reservation is like gold dust unless you're able to no-life it for multiple hours in the pre-fort zone to be competitive on contrib... At least during EU prime. Having that reservation persist to the City would be awful for the less hardcore players who may play for 2-3 hours a session at most.

Agree there is a problem with city loggers though, but that's more to do with them being so infrequent in my mind, at present you ding rr80 then just leave your char offline until a city pops... There's got to be a better design than that to keep them interested.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

drmordread
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 am

No. Deal with it. We have toons that are 80rr or higher that need Sov gear.

I am not going to play an rr80 toon in rvr, I play another, lower ranked. And I am not going to bring a toon into city unless it has a min of 3 pce Inv / 3 pce vanquisher.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)