Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter / Elf Proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
drmordread
Suspended

Witch Hunter / Elf Proposal

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm

This is an idea to make the WH/WE useful/viable in grps and war bands, by giving both classes the ability to cast an AOE Heal.

Benefit .........
This would greatly increase the longevity of all mdps classes when bypassing in numbers in both assaults on oil rooms and postern door attacks when main gates are being defended by funnel. This in turn would increase the amount of mdps bypassing to attack oil spawn points, and help taking keeps much faster and easier, as well as defending. And, even solo WH/WE players can then become useful as well.

Lore Base ..........
The Witch Hunter is basically a cleric/priest that has gone from preaching to hunting down the supernatural forces of chaos, and eliminating them. As a minor priest, they then stand to reason to have a minor healing ability.

Witch Elves, are basically potion concocting witches that then use their potions in combat. Any killing potion, is just one ingredient away from being a healing potion.

Mechanics ..........
Attacks using the abilities Razor & Slice would also cast a minor AoE heal on all friendly targets in a 30 foot range, much the same way WP/DoK do. The same crit chance for an Aoe heal would also apply as it does to regular healers.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
jokerspsycho

Re: Witch Hunter / Elf Proposal

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:59 pm

I think adjusting protection from hearsay to scale off accusation points and apply to group would be something similar and also give group utility.

Asherdoom

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm

why not make middle talent tree (which no one with half kilo of brain) would ever use converted into a mid ranged combat tree relying on knives/pistols? It would be interesting givin a spec that capitalize on ranged (60 feet) pickups of targets with DOT on em no? at least they have the chance to spec into "implode burst spec if i go melee" to "less dmg but i live 5 minute more" ranged spec which would be good also in wb vs wb wise.(just a modest suggestion ofc) but why giving WH pistols if they are basically worhtless in dmg output and serve only to a back snare?

jokerspsycho

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm why not make middle talent tree (which no one with half kilo of brain) would ever use converted into a mid ranged combat tree relying on knives/pistols? It would be interesting givin a spec that capitalize on ranged (60 feet) pickups of targets with DOT on em no? at least they have the chance to spec into "implode burst spec if i go melee" to "less dmg but i live 5 minute more" ranged spec which would be good also in wb vs wb wise.(just a modest suggestion ofc) but why giving WH pistols if they are basically worhtless in dmg output and serve only to a back snare?
One of my gripes with WH is the lack of at least one 30ft ranged skill on like a 5-10s cd that builds accusation. Could make seekers blade into seekers bullet, procs your bullet and gives 1 accusation on a 10s cd. Or a reliable, non casted, slow.

Also still don't understand why BaL is a 5ft range but WE sac stab is 30ft. Wtf.

Asherdoom

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm why not make middle talent tree (which no one with half kilo of brain) would ever use converted into a mid ranged combat tree relying on knives/pistols? It would be interesting givin a spec that capitalize on ranged (60 feet) pickups of targets with DOT on em no? at least they have the chance to spec into "implode burst spec if i go melee" to "less dmg but i live 5 minute more" ranged spec which would be good also in wb vs wb wise.(just a modest suggestion ofc) but why giving WH pistols if they are basically worhtless in dmg output and serve only to a back snare?
One of my gripes with WH is the lack of at least one 30ft ranged skill on like a 5-10s cd that builds accusation. Could make seekers blade into seekers bullet, procs your bullet and gives 1 accusation on a 10s cd. Or a reliable, non casted, slow.

Also still don't understand why BaL is a 5ft range but WE sac stab is 30ft. Wtf.

sighy

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:17 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 pm This is an idea to make the WH/WE useful/viable in grps and war bands, by giving both classes the ability to cast an AOE Heal.
I like the effort, but it doesn't supplement the shortcommings they have, in their primary purpose.(dps)
Benefit .........
This would greatly increase the longevity of all mdps classes when bypassing in numbers in both assaults on oil rooms and postern door attacks when main gates are being defended by funnel. This in turn would increase the amount of mdps bypassing to attack oil spawn points, and help taking keeps much faster and easier, as well as defending. And, even solo WH/WE players can then become useful as well.
The reason for bypasses being useless these days is because there are like 400ish ppl defending during prime time. A little bit of healing is hardly going to fix that. There is too much aoe from too many sources and you just get melted instantly.
Mechanics ..........
Attacks using the abilities Razor & Slice would also cast a minor AoE heal on all friendly targets in a 30 foot range, much the same way WP/DoK do. The same crit chance for an Aoe heal would also apply as it does to regular healers.
Best we could probably hope for, in that regard is something equivalent to Blorc's aura. And the weakness kind of is the exact same as close quarters. You need to not get oneshot by aoe, while trying to reach your target.

jokerspsycho

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:26 pm

sighy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:17 pm Best we could probably hope for, in that regard is something equivalent to Blorc's aura. And the weakness kind of is the exact same as close quarters. You need to not get oneshot by aoe, while trying to reach your target.
Imo one of the best buffs for wh/we would be an air cap of 12 instead of 24 so we don't get insta gibbed in aoe spam would also allow more freedom to being ST classes in city since it wouldn't be about aoe bombing in lower skilled matches. High tier gvg would still likely revolve around morale bombs tho.

Also give us back 9 target aoe on sweeping razor plz. Yes it was a bug, but that was a good bug.

sighy

Post#8 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:34 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:26 pm Imo one of the best buffs for wh/we would be an air cap of 12 instead of 24 so we don't get insta gibbed in aoe spam would also allow more freedom to being ST classes in city since it wouldn't be about aoe bombing in lower skilled matches. High tier gvg would still likely revolve around morale bombs tho.
Best buff to classes gimped into single target would be reducing the aoe cap to what it was.(That discussion has been had many times and that's not gonna happen sadly)

In terms of high end premade fights, where both sides have very strong fundamentals the chance of actually wiping the enemy, without a solid morale bomb is non existent due to certain soft caps and amount of defensive stats the grear provides.
Also give us back 9 target aoe on sweeping razor plz. Yes it was a bug, but that was a good bug.
I keep seeing/saying this in other threads, but never see one dedicated to it. Sure maybe it was not intended, but it was needed to be somewhat competitive.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#9 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:31 pm

sighy wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:34 pm I keep seeing/saying this in other threads, but never see one dedicated to it. Sure maybe it was not intended, but it was needed to be somewhat competitive.
Yeah they said it was bugged and was hitting 9 instead of 3 so they fixed it, then last week choppas and Slayer get an increase in their aoe.

Seems like to me they don't especially want the class in larger scale pvp with how weak dragon gun is and the "fix" to their aoe tactic. Would be nice to get some love for small scale/roaming, but the game isn't about that it's about grouping and large scale pvp...which we aren't balanced around...it's a very confusing thing to me lol

siflisk

Post#10 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Can't remember how long ago it was now.

Razor strike was 3 targets within 30.
Sweeping razor made it 9 targets within 45.
The 8 second cool down was added to trial by pain and it was aoe.

You could actually build accusations and fight at 30 ft which helped make up for the light armor. Just like what is being suggested here.

Changes were reverted back with not really any explanation.

I think Azrael was involved? There was a lot of drama with that and most of his changes were reverted even when they were good.