Recent Topics

Ads

City problem solutions!!!!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
SuperStar

City problem solutions!!!!

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 pm

I think I have found the right solution.

Everybody who q but hasn't got pop five them the looser reward without bag reward plz.
(It's very unhealthy when you are very ready for big fight and no fight just waiting for nothing we need the booby price)

Second majestic:
idea I read we are in eu nevah get city coz the population so hight and with 200-300 player the funnel is unbreakable.
And NA guyz have city all very early morning coz the pop is low
So my solution:
Above two thousand people 1 fort need to go city
Under 1000 people 3 fort need to city.

I hope everybody will love this idea like me I think it's solve all the problem and we stay healthy in eu.

Ads
nat3s

Re: City problem solutions!!!!

Post#2 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:09 pm

1 fort to go to city stops people obtaining invader - which is also a problem. I agree some kind of scaling balance is needed to counter how much easier it is to progress campaign with a low pop. These are my thoughts:

* Collision through keep/fort doors changes the higher the pop e.g. at low pop hours roughly 5 players/second can filter through the main door funnel, peak hours 20 players/second. Pretty sure you could arrive at a proportion of pop to allow this to dynamically scale. Would need some iteration to find a good balance.

* There is a 2nd postern / 3rd entrance to keeps/forts which only unlocks when pop goes above a certain threshold to give players a helping hand.

* Above a certain pop threshold players stop respawning in the keep once the outer door is hit (rather than the inner door).
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Dackle

Re: City problem solutions!!!!

Post#3 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:23 pm

The answer is simple; the implementation is a nightmare.

The entire campaign needs to be reassessed.
1) Move T2 zone back to 15-29
2) Use a system of analytics for the entire campaign. Kills, BO's held/time, Keeps Taken, Successful Defense, Renown gains, influence ticks. Things like damage done to random world spawns during campaign (such as random Hero BO bosses or Lair like Hunter's Vale)

I never liked the VP system because of (PQ's and lower tiers) and the system it self was broken, but using a system of specific analytics that can be measured and monitored before advancing a campaign could solve a few issues.

Use metrics like SPEED, VIOLENCE, and MOMENTUM (© DrDisrespect) to score the realms. After a desired threshold is reached, THEN the city begins to unlock. Scale the metrics to the population. The quest for Invader and Sov ruined the game because the campaign is broken in many ways. Gear thirst over game play has plagued the game.

I also realize this is no easy task.

Carry on.